• You cannot reply to this topic

Uphill Battle What to do? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Paintballin Nerd 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Paintballin Nerd

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:46 AM

My course(i live out in the boondocks so basiclly all the woods around me is my course)is one big hill and the base for capture the flag game is on top of the hill so you have to fight uphill. I haven't faught(sp?) uphill that much, only once or twice, how should I go about it? Thanks for all the help.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

#2 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

Well, I would find where all the cover is and spread out but still be able to hear eachother. let the other team stop shooting somewhat and then call 1....2....3......COVER FIRE, have everyone stand pop out and give cover for 2 or 3 runners and any player that has brains is going to tuck in when the shoosting begins :D , slowly move up the hill by repeating this over and over, eventualy, you will be shooting them in the back :P , I hope that your uphill battle works out for you! Good Luck!
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#3 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

The ONLY difference I can see between attacking uphill and attacking on the flat, is range. The attacker attacking uphill cannot shoot as far as the defender. (Unless he is shooting hot.....:) I won't get into it....) So the thing to keep in mind is that if you can, you should be working your way uphill at an angle. This will also make it easier to actually climb the hill. The more you can get a flat angle to shoot from, the less advantage of shooting down the opfor will have. This is, of course, if you have any option other than a straight uphill frontal assault.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#4 User is offline   Paintballin Nerd 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:13 AM

I have more options for an uphill assult. And I'm thankful I do otherwise I'm pretty sure the game wouldn't last long. Lol! :(

This post has been edited by Paintballin Nerd: 11 August 2009 - 05:13 AM

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

#5 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

• CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:26 AM

I liked to push one side of the field hard to try to take the height advantage away and then fight across the field or push the back side of the opposing team.

#6 User is offline   Paintballin Nerd 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

I was thinkin that one team goes all seprate instead of in pairs or what not. So incase one person gets jumped the rest of the team can come through.

#7 User is offline   Spaceman Spiff 

• Spaceman Spiff is my hero. Thanks for the avitar Puzuma.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Minister of Destruction

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

The few times I have had to do so I have found that having the majority of my team focus on one side while two of us flank slowly and stealthy helps a lot.

#8 Guest_Gauss_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

We have something like that course when we do outlaw.
We get 2 guys as the *Hammers* and then a sniper on the other side of the Hammers that keeps their heads down.
The rest are all *Daggers* who charge up the hill.

#9 User is offline   Paintballin Nerd 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

Well...um..you guys thanks for all the help but i may have forgot to mention that i only play with like 7 people so its like 4 v 4. Sorry I didn't mention it before. :)

#10 User is offline   mothman 

• Mothman
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOTHMAN

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

To add to those good idea before me, try these things.

When going up hill, only advance when your fire team is keeping heads down. So If you got 4 guys on your side then you will be paired in 2's. One pair covers for the other to advance. If your pair is responsible for laying down cover fire then do your job well. Shoot alot of paint so your buddies can move up. Then when they are set, they need to do the same for you. If the people up top can see you, then there is no use hiding, they will just keep firing at the bunkers your behind till your out, so don't stay still.

Also, you must keep moving even if it means to do a low crawl. Inch by inch. Never stay put for long, never delay. The more ground your take, the more pressure you put on them. Just don't get caught close to the enemy alone. Make sure your buddies make it with you.

Now movement wise, that will be your better judgement. Since I can't see the terrain, its up to your team to decide how to traverse the land.

#11 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

If you have ever ridden a bicycle up a steep hill, or been on a sail boat heading into the wind, you may be familiar with a technique called "tacking". This is essentially a zig-zag approach to an objective. If you're faced with an uphill objective, zig-zagging your way to that objective is longer, but not as physically challenging as a head on approach, and also makes your team a harder target, especially for high-ground snipers. The hardest shot for anyone to make is one across the field of view, as opposed to towards or away from the shooter. Make sure you take advantage of any available cover.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Paintballin Nerd 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:30 AM

I think that that is possible because the brush isn't that thick in most parts so my team should be able to zig-zag up the hill. But the base will be(were still in the process of building it) will be fairly small. So would I have to watch out for them staying out of the base and attacking as we start making our up the hill?

#13 Guest_Gauss_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:50 AM

Do a charge up the hill, while screaming profane words. :laugh:
Thatl get them.

#14 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

this one place me and my friends go to has a large hill with a ditch around it, and the team leader from the other team tried to say we were out of bounds.. when in fact we all agreed as long as were in the park we are good.. yea.. they didnt do to well.. and when we switched they got on the hill, and we had grenades and used them all up.. suppressing fire and doing the leap frog helps with a nade toss every once in a while.. smoke bombs help too cause you cant shoot what u cant see... but we obviosuly did not have thoughs...
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#15 User is offline   sycho gunner 

• Ambush Broadsword/ Phantom Blade
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:sycho gunner

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:40 PM

tacking can work very beautifully

best way to put this as bluntly as I can
Paintball is like abig game of leap frog

as one person "jumps" aka move to the next closest bunker, the others give supressing fire so he can "jump".

Try to know here the opponets are at all times
this makes it easier when laying down cover fire
when he is going to "jump" lay down as much paint as you can where you think they are
now if hammers and broadswords are laying down cover fire for the person moving up the feild, they should be able to move without too much trouble

most broadswords and hammers can help give themselves cover fire but they can only cover one angle at a time
Now a saber should be able to give semi-broadsword cover fire. he may not be able to lay down as much paint as quicklysay 20-30BPS but 5-10 BPS is still good enough to keepa persons head down even if it doesnt scare the willies out of them like a broadsword or hammer would

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users