Special Ops Paintball: how does this sound - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how does this sound 98c sniper Rate Topic: -----

Poll: sniper marker (94 member(s) have cast votes)

what do you think

1. your crazy-good (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

2. its alright (56 votes [59.57%])

Percentage of vote: 59.57%

3. i wouldnt use it (18 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

4. your cazy-bad (1 votes [1.06%])

Percentage of vote: 1.06%

5. what are you on? (11 votes [11.70%])

Percentage of vote: 11.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   drummerdude1234 

• "dude call PETA!"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Drummerdude1234

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:03 AM

View Postma0x, on Jun 28 2007, 02:46 PM, said:

as for the paint, you don't need it, you can go for gun ghillie, or try some paint called duracoat. it's paint made for firearms and has had equally successful results on paintball and airsoft guns.

uhha, when he refered to the "custom paintjob", he meant a Duracoat job that BigBone and Robbie do here. not spraypaint or somthing :D

anyway, yea thats a pretty good setup, id keep the barrel under 16" and lose the bipod.

also replace the LPK with a PPS stabalizer and a HPA tank, you will thank yourself later

also before you jump on camoflaugeing your gun think about camafluageing your self first, id wait a bit on the duracoat job and get yourself some action ghillie!

peace-drummer

Broadsword # 3 I like Moes!!!! Check Out My Band-Here!
if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig! Drummers secret plan "Speical" member #11 Are you in a band?

#17 User is offline   CONFIRMEDKILL 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CONFIRMEDKILL

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:07 AM

I say, use the money you are going to spend on an Automag with a T-stock, and you wont need to spend anymore money..... There inexpensive used, dead quiet, and it is already done, when you buy it (as in you don't need upgrades)...... Perfect sniper......

#18 User is offline   NateC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

i wouldnt put all that money into a tippmann, but thats just me. a barrel, hpa or anti siphon co2, a comfy drop and rocket cock

i just dont think its a good idea to put so much money into a 98C when you coud spend it on a nice mag or something. however, a barrel and rocket cock are definately a good idea and if youre going to upgrade markers later hpa is a good idea if you have the cash to get a nice tank. also, go get a pack of steel wool and shine up the inside of the receiver halves. it comes in 4 different types 0000 is the finest and 0 is the coarsest and i get it in a pack that has 3 pads of each (it costs like $2).

the 12" j&j ceramic is my barrel of choice, for $35 it just cant be beat

#19 User is offline   Ghillie Shot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ghillie Shot

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:53 PM

Action Ghillies are a great deal if they work as advertised b/c its just 150$ for a fully made ghillie

#20 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:44 PM

You won't be able to get a PPS Brass Barrel for the 98c for under $400. They are VERY custom pieces as the 98c barrel threading is, well, stupid huge. The only reasonable way to use a PPS Brass on a 98c is going to be with a barrel adapter.

But if you're going to play "sniper" I'd get a different marker entirely. That's my opinion, though.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#21 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:16 AM

i would look into getting a flatline, other than that i like it.
~~I'm a Christian Baller~~
~~When you get to the end of your rope tie a knot and hang on-- Winston Churchill~~

#22 User is offline   Cloak 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Keymehz

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:28 AM

Definately get a barrel first. Lose The bipod.....not needed and way extra weight. Try and go for HPA system for better consistency and accuracy.

I would work on making your own Ghillie. I recommend the "Sniper Hood" if you live in hot climates like s. fla like me. But get some ghillie for your gun. Once you have all your upgrades and you have some cash, do the paintjob, but, until then, you can make your own gun ghillie with Netting and ghillie..I recommend the gun ghillie stuff from SpecOps. member Gamer had some good posts on gun ghillie and sniper hoods. Search the threads.

Your equipment is only as good as your tactics. Practice sneaking and crawling, camoflage, etc. etc. The better you can get with that stuff the better. I worked on my camo before I upgraded my stock 98c. I still get 4-5 ppl out a game. It's all about Stealth and Tactics. Good Luck.

Cloak
"Death Before Discovery"

#23 User is offline   C.Hathcock 

• Woodsballer!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:C.Hatcock

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:54 AM

View PostMechanical CB, on Jun 6 2007, 06:15 PM, said:

Just buy a good 14" barrel(you don't have to get the most expensive one to find a good one) and throw the tip on it. I got a tippmann 14" pathfinder. It's just as good as the sniper barrel they sell, but cheaper.

Yeah, I also have the 14" Pathfinder and really like it. My setup is 14" barrel, polished internals, expansion chamber.The paint, stock,and bipod would be the very last thing that I did, I'm more function than form.
Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. -Thomas Jefferson

#24 User is offline   worm1 

• the gasman is here
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:worm#1

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:20 AM

View PostMonoxide, on Jun 28 2007, 09:33 PM, said:

Heres order you should buy upgrades:

Barrel
LPK
Rocket Cock
QLoader
Paintjob
Stock
Bipod

no, i think it should be more like:
Barrel
Stock
LPK
QLoader
Paintjob
Rocket Cock
and if it seems it will make that much of a difference, a bipod. i think a bipod is a waist of money and space
<div><div id="zunecard_small" class="zunecard"></div><div><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://zcards.zune.net/xweb/lx/swf/zunecardmedium.swf" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fzcards.zune.net%2fzcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3flcid%3d1033%26src%3dexternal%26zunetag%3dlegit%2bhadock" height="135" width="250"></div><div></div></div>

#25 User is offline   magnadoid 

• Shot God
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:18 PM

Do not listen to what MOST of these players have to say, cause most of them are wrong. I started out with a 98c when I first became a sniper as well.

True, you will start wasting co2 after you get a barrel over 16" so try not to get an 18" or larger. I use the original barrel for my T68 becuase it can hit bulls eye at 200 ft and range 300 ft so I can not help you on what barrel to get.

False, bipods are not useless. What most people do not realize is the true puropse of a bipod, it is not to make the marker weight less, but the steady the barrel. When you pull the trigger on your marker the marker twitches causesing the barrel to move which can kill your chot (make you miss). The bipod is intended to stabilize your marker barrel, that way when pull the trigger and you marker twitches the barrel does not move as much, making for an improved shot. If you twitch the end of your marker closest to you 1 centemeter the barrel would move lets say 1 inch in the direction that the gun twitched. Then when you fire the round those 40 feet that 1 centimeter could translate into being a foot or even more off target.

True, a slideing air-thru stock will make it harder to aim because it is difficult to get your face that close to stock with a mask on, but there is an easy fix, a sight raiser - link provided. A plus to a sliding stock is that you can shorten your gun for tighter spots which equals more options, and options can only help never hurt A++++ feature.

No hate on the red dot sight, just that they are battery powered, and if you play in the raing then you can not use it. So I would recommend a none battery powered sight. I use the red/green sight illuminator.

True, the q-loader will drop your profile and take away a spot for the enemy to hit you at.

True, the rocket cock will not only make it easier to cock your 98c but also prevent mud and dirt from getting into your marker.

I would use the marker at any field.
You will never see it coming!

if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig!
blkob on rap4 forums

#26 User is offline   Never Dead 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

View PostAssasin2213, on Jul 22 2007, 11:16 AM, said:

i would look into getting a flatline, other than that i like it.

I would not get a flatline if you are trying to be a sniper, it is not acurate enough, trust me because I have had one for 2 years now and I am medium/heavy/light rifle man (master at all so I know what I am saying) and it is almost acurate enough for me to use even with a expansion chamber, but I won't replace it due to costs and it still shoots far, but I made a barrel that shoots as far (look at "straight flat line" poll) so it is still good for me but not a sniper.

#27 Guest_LONGBOW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

View Postworm1, on Oct 24 2007, 10:20 AM, said:

View PostMonoxide, on Jun 28 2007, 09:33 PM, said:

Heres order you should buy upgrades:

Barrel
LPK
Rocket Cock
QLoader
Paintjob
Stock
Bipod

no, i think it should be more like:
Barrel
Stock
LPK
QLoader
Paintjob
Rocket Cock
and if it seems it will make that much of a difference, a bipod. i think a bipod is a waist of money and space

Snipers! I am ashamed, don't you remember the two things that increase accuracy the most? Red dot sight and premium paint will give you the best results. Then I would reccomend getting a St!ffi Barrel Kit (You are going to need noise reduction), and then a new regulator (I reccomend a CP Regulator)

#28 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:11 PM

or, if you like to go on the cheap like i do, just find a cheap used barrel with good reviews, or go with the J&J

#29 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

buy a better marker rather than buying a 98 with ups.
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#30 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:45 PM

don't get a 98!! if ur going to b spending that much money on the gun then get a tac-1!! i got my a5 and after i did i regreted it since i wanted a tac-1 so much....also don't get a custom paintjob....to much money and it wears away over time. if u want ur gun camo get some camo tape for it

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users