Special Ops Paintball: SPECIAL OPS - FORGE VEST - HEAVY BACK - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SPECIAL OPS - FORGE VEST - HEAVY BACK Question regarding item details Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Griffzan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Griffzan

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

Ok I just ordered (within the last 39 min) this forge vest and read over the details several times. Problem is when read "back only" I interpreted it to mean, no front pockets, pouches, i.d. holders ect. which I'm hoping is the case. What I expect is there is a front molle or flat zip up or otherwise, I say expect when I mean "hope". For someone who may already know it's a dumb question but as you can see the wording "no front" can mean at least two different things. If someone could clear this up I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance Griff

#2 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

No, there is no front at all, and i know this because i own one. All it will be is what you saw. Sorry for the inconvenience it may cause,

Also, and i quote
"Quick Overview
Back Only...Front purchased separately.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">The Heavy Back is for those players that want to hit the field with everything they can carry. It holds up to six pods of any size in a vertical position. That means you can carry almost 1000 rounds of paint in addition to what’s in your hopper. More if you add pod pouches to whichever front etc, etc."

And this link shows most, if not all, fronts and backs right on the same page

However, if you don't want to buy a front, you could probably rig up a system of straps using buckles that are already there (you may need the male ends) and making your own front.

Again, not trying to make fun of you or anything, but just be sure to look around next time, 'kay?

EDIT: (some grammar, but eh.)

ALSO, i was actually just looking at mine, and it shouldn't really be hard at all to set up a strap rig system, however you would need to find a place that sells buckles individually and find the right ones to match those that are there, as there is one receiver per shoulder, then 3 going down each side, so you could rig a criss-cross pattern if you would want, going from shoulder to opposite hip, and then either straight across the middle or a criss-cross there as well. And pads. You may want strap pads if you take this route. (Like whats on the shoulder strap of a duffel bag)

This post has been edited by Private Silver: 24 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#3 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

If you want to add a front, just give Spec Ops a call tomorrow during business hours and ask if they can add one to your order :)

IMO, avoid the padded front - yeah, you get bounces some (which I always call myself on now - direct chest shots anyways) but it gets REALLY hot because it's a fair bit thicker than straight mesh. So I'd say, get the regular MOLLE front.

#4 Guest_Customer Service 2_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

We got you covered...pun intended :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users