• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gameface Scorch Paintballs Just a cheap wal-mart paintball? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Matt_the_Dagger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

You probably have heard of Gameface and may have heard of Scorch paintballs. Well, I was the brave soul to try them (from wal-mart.) and bought a 500 rnd. box. I got home and split one with my pocket knife and to my suprise, the bright pink paint inside was extremely thick and not runny at all! I then picked of each paintball and they were all fairly round. Then I tested them in a game. I consider myself a fairly good player so I made a couple kills that game (only six-on-six game) and then found out that this one kid had like this monster welt on his arm from apparently, my paintballs. So then I felt them and they seemed harder than other paintballs. Well, the next three hours (more six on six games) I had like 3-4 more kills and a bajillion bounces! Luckily I ran out and switched back to my usual paint, draXxus.
So for $20 for 1,000 rounds of this stuff, you get decent performance. I like them backyard games or squad practices, otherwise I wouldn't recommend them.
I am a dagger, and I like paintball.

#2 User is offline   RPGDAWG 

• Ride Or Die Son
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:55 PM

well the first problem is Scorch has been replaced by Impact on the shelf which occured late last year..

So if you picked up a box of actual Scorch balls recently.. They are likely a year or so old and sat in a warehouse forever until put on the shelf to get rid of them.

Impacts are very good paintballs and I have used them for rec paint for along time now ( when they were packaged as Scorch) and I found them to break on target just fine. These balls are made for tippmann's as they are a tougher shell that won't explode in your barrel.

I say to you.. go to a different walmart and pick up fresh box of Impacts and retry shooting themm.. it likely was how old the paint you got was.

This post has been edited by RPGDAWG: 26 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

#3 User is offline   Matt_the_Dagger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:15 PM

Your probably right. I bought them a while ago, and used them immediatly but walmart probably isn't the best place to buy paint because they're not very fresh. I'll give them another chance this weekend.

#4 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

VI are pretty good. Probably very good for the price.
Unless you toss a lot of paint, it's probably bettter to get the highest quality you can. I spend about $5-10 more for the whole day when I use Marballizers (about 500-1000 balls shot). For a good day, not bad.

#5 User is offline   Matt_the_Dagger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

You guys are right. I tried them out again and they worked great. I must have had a bad batch or something. All hits broke on impact and they were very accurate. I use about 800 rounds for a day, playing dagger. So let me write a quick re-review:

Gameface Visible Impact (used to be known as "Scorch") were accurate, cheap and not too thin or thick. For about $40 a case this a great deal because you get: reliable performance, accurate shots, and the convience of wal-mart.

btw: if you try them and don't think they are good, buy another small box and you might change your mind :blush:

#6 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

just one thing... i thought the original scorch paint that was replaces with impact was made by draxxus, not gameface
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#7 User is offline   Matt_the_Dagger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:02 PM

Well, It said Gameface on the box but then if you looked on the bottom or side I think it said made by Pro Caps who also makes Draxxus.

#8 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:28 AM

I like Impact. When I bought my Phantom I figured I'd go for the high-quality stuff, problem is that stuff is only sold in bags of 500. I figured alright I can save this stuff and use it over time. What actually ended up happening was people would run out of paint and I'd offer them my leftover stuff and in turn empty my wallet to buy paint that I wasn't using a lot of. I tried out Impact after having used Scorch religiously when I shot my 98C. Works very well with my Phantoma and they sell in 200 rounds so that was pretty cool.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#9 User is offline   NYSNIPER 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:nortza08

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

its the only kind of paintball I will use besides Marbs and field paint. I belive it is the best paint for its price and better than most field paint ive shot.
~PAINTBALLER~
"Every moment your not training some one elts is training to kick your DUMPER"
Any players in upstate New York wanna play sometime pm me.

#10 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

it seem like zap vapor paint super cheap (33$ cdn 2000rnds) so i bought them and they bounce on almost every thing (i didn't use them on the field only in my backward (just trowing them has hard has i can i throw pretty hard and a few bounce and i tried them in my tub they bounce like crazy ( only explanation it they were old)
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#11 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:02 PM

if you do find it too hard. stick them in the fridge and the shell will get more brittle, but the ball wont be squishy.

#12 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

scorch always shot fine for me ... a little heavy as you described but i never really had bounce issues

i just got a 500 pack of impact and i'm sure it'll be just as consistent

you really can't ask for much more @ 40/case
Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#13 User is offline   Pzippy 

• Future Pope
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pzippy

Posted 23 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

View PostFactor, on Jun 21 2007, 11:47 PM, said:

scorch always shot fine for me ... a little heavy as you described but i never really had bounce issues

i just got a 500 pack of impact and i'm sure it'll be just as consistent

you really can't ask for much more @ 40/case

At the Dicks near me, I can get marbs for 40/a case.
:D
AO Search HEMOG

I WANT YOUR XBOX 360!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users