Special Ops Paintball: Blackcell Ion question - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blackcell Ion question Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

  • You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 63
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

Ok about 3 months ago I purchased the Longbow kit for my Ion and I have to say I absolutely love it! But....... on occasions my team really needs me on the frontlines flinging some paint around and with the 21 shots in the mag, I really can't do much. So the other day I tried taking the magazine adapter off and putting the feed neck and hopper back on but it wouldn't screw in because of the blackcell body kit. Can anyone tell me where I can buy a different feed neck that will fit with the blackcell body? (I know for sure someone makes them because they had the same setup I'm wanting on the Blackcell vids)
Thanks!
0

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

  • one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,123
  • Joined: 20-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:You know Westfield MA? Nowhere near there. ;)
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

well, I dont know of any feed necks slim enough to fit in there, but i do know people have filed down a little bit of the weaver rail on either side of the hole to accommodate the standard ion feed neck. (doing this wont effect how the mags feed)

if I read this right, what you want to do, is carry around a hopper in game, and switch to it when you need? That would be quite a few extra parts to carry around. It would still work though. It might be better to get a Qloader, or just a few extra magazines.

With my longbow, 2 extra mags(total of 3) and around 17 ten round tubes(i keep them on the stock, and on my vest in MOLLE shotgun shell holders. If you want to know where I got them, shoot me a PM) i can lay down quite a bit of paint. When the mags are empty, you can either reload them with the tubes if you have time, or just use the tubes like magazines(although you have to hold them in place.) No hopper required, and you can still get a decent volume of paint out there.
0

#3 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

  • You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 63
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

View Post-SMITTY-, on Mar 10 2009, 05:17 PM, said:

if I read this right, what you want to do, is carry around a hopper in game, and switch to it when you need?

Well I just want to be able to switch up my position I play (sniper or med rifleman) without having to take EVERYTHING off. So if one day I want to play sniper I just put the mag on and if I want to play med rifleman another day just attach the hopper. The original body kit I had for the ion is bright blue (lol) so it really stands out and the stock helps keep the gun steady. Ill try to file the rail down if no one knows of a feedneck that will work, thanks
0

#4 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

  • one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,123
  • Joined: 20-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:You know Westfield MA? Nowhere near there. ;)
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

View PostKILLER TRENT, on Mar 10 2009, 08:39 PM, said:

View Post-SMITTY-, on Mar 10 2009, 05:17 PM, said:

if I read this right, what you want to do, is carry around a hopper in game, and switch to it when you need?

Well I just want to be able to switch up my position I play (sniper or med rifleman) without having to take EVERYTHING off. So if one day I want to play sniper I just put the mag on and if I want to play med rifleman another day just attach the hopper. The original body kit I had for the ion is bright blue (lol) so it really stands out and the stock helps keep the gun steady. Ill try to file the rail down if no one knows of a feedneck that will work, thanks


ok I get you. I thought you meant switching during a game :blush:
0

#5 User is offline   Simply Stunning 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 13-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Simply Stunning

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

I had a hi rise Q-lock that worked, and I think a hybrid feedneck works too....
0

#6 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

  • You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 63
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

View PostSimply Stunning, on Mar 10 2009, 09:06 PM, said:

I had a hi rise Q-lock that worked, and I think a hybrid feedneck works too....

Isn't the Q-lock the same one that the Ion comes with cause from the pictures it looks exactly the same?
0

#7 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 114
  • Joined: 22-January 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Warren County NJ

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

Will the stock feedneck fit?
hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65
0

#8 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

  • You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 63
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

View PostSneaky Big Foot, on Mar 13 2009, 09:23 PM, said:

Will the stock feedneck fit?

no the rail on the blackcell body kit get in the way and the opening for the feedneck is not wide enough. if i cut off part of the rail it can fit but im to scared to do that. what im tryin to find is a feedneck that is skinnier and longer so that the part of the feedneck with the clamp wont get in the way.
0

#9 User is offline   Tommikka 

  • Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 811
  • Joined: 28-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Salisbury, UK
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:40 AM

View PostKILLER TRENT, on Mar 14 2009, 06:36 AM, said:

View PostSneaky Big Foot, on Mar 13 2009, 09:23 PM, said:

Will the stock feedneck fit?

no the rail on the blackcell body kit get in the way and the opening for the feedneck is not wide enough. if i cut off part of the rail it can fit but im to scared to do that. what im tryin to find is a feedneck that is skinnier and longer so that the part of the feedneck with the clamp wont get in the way.


Can you get some measurements?
If the Blackcell bodys hole for the feedneck is narrow it will affect a number of feednecks. Instead of just filing down rails to accommodate the top of the feedneck.

Put your finger down the feedneck hole and feel for the difference between the clearance of the hole and the Ions feedneck threads.

So - how wide is the body hole, and what is the height from top of thread to each of the top of the rail and the bottom of the rail.

People can then give a more educated guess on which feednecks may fit.

You don't necessarily have to stick to Ion stock or aftermarket feednecks, just those with the same thread. I have an unknown high rise feedneck that could probably do without filing down.
0

#10 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

  • You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 63
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

View PostTommikka, on Mar 14 2009, 04:40 AM, said:

View PostKILLER TRENT, on Mar 14 2009, 06:36 AM, said:

View PostSneaky Big Foot, on Mar 13 2009, 09:23 PM, said:

Will the stock feedneck fit?

no the rail on the blackcell body kit get in the way and the opening for the feedneck is not wide enough. if i cut off part of the rail it can fit but im to scared to do that. what im tryin to find is a feedneck that is skinnier and longer so that the part of the feedneck with the clamp wont get in the way.


Can you get some measurements?
If the Blackcell bodys hole for the feedneck is narrow it will affect a number of feednecks. Instead of just filing down rails to accommodate the top of the feedneck.

Put your finger down the feedneck hole and feel for the difference between the clearance of the hole and the Ions feedneck threads.

So - how wide is the body hole, and what is the height from top of thread to each of the top of the rail and the bottom of the rail.

People can then give a more educated guess on which feednecks may fit.

You don't necessarily have to stick to Ion stock or aftermarket feednecks, just those with the same thread. I have an unknown high rise feedneck that could probably do without filing down.


ok so the bodies hole has a diameter of about 2.5 cm wide and from the top of the thread to the top of the rail is about 1.7 cms.
and where did u get the feedneck that u think could possible work?
0

#11 User is offline   Old Mann 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 17-September 07
  • Brigade Name:Old Mann

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

I have just came into possession of an Ion, with the intent of making a Longbow. Does anyone know of any problems that has occurred with the cross/change over :question: I only ask because it is a used marker and I want to eliminate any problems before I get into it to deep.

Thanx
0

#12 User is offline   Tommikka 

  • Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 811
  • Joined: 28-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Salisbury, UK
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

View PostKILLER TRENT, on Mar 14 2009, 10:20 PM, said:

ok so the bodies hole has a diameter of about 2.5 cm wide and from the top of the thread to the top of the rail is about 1.7 cms.
and where did u get the feedneck that u think could possible work?


From the sound of it with those measurements I don't think there are any diameter problems so it should just be a matter of a thread and neck length to clear the rail.

I can't remember where the feed neck came from, it was a spare from someone. Possibly a standard hi-rise feed from an older Shocker, something like this:
Posted Image


View PostOld Mann, on Mar 19 2009, 04:05 PM, said:

I have just came into possession of an Ion, with the intent of making a Longbow. Does anyone know of any problems that has occurred with the cross/change over :question: I only ask because it is a used marker and I want to eliminate any problems before I get into it to deep.

Thanx

Should be no problem with a used marker. The Longbow has no complexities so is effectively a cosmetic body change and putting on a different feed. If the marker is running OK there is nothing to worry about.
0

#13 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

  • You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 63
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

View PostTommikka, on Mar 19 2009, 05:18 PM, said:

View PostKILLER TRENT, on Mar 14 2009, 10:20 PM, said:

ok so the bodies hole has a diameter of about 2.5 cm wide and from the top of the thread to the top of the rail is about 1.7 cms.
and where did u get the feedneck that u think could possible work?


From the sound of it with those measurements I don't think there are any diameter problems so it should just be a matter of a thread and neck length to clear the rail.

Ok thanks a bunch bro
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users