Special Ops Paintball: Buying gun, have money to spend - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Buying gun, have money to spend Looking for excellent accuracy/feel Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tool92 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

I posted this in the wrong forum last time, maybe Ill have better luck here. I want a Tippmann, with an Air-thru stock and a super accurate barrel. It sounds and looks to me that Tippmann offers the best reliability yet retains the feel of an actual rifle. I want the feel because it'll come more naturally to me as a soldier, and the accuracy/long game for more efficient post deployment stress relief. Ive seen pictures from this site with A5s having MP5 foregrips and stocks, maybe I can add my own custom barrel to the mix? I also want to know what a normal combat load is, as in air tanks and pods so I can buy gear accordingly, and a good mask brand and cheap yet effective Red Dot sight while I'm at it. Due to service, Ive got all the multicam crap I need to survive the apocalypse, so I'll be leaning towards that style of camo.
PTSD: It's what happens when you return from a combat zone only to realize you'll never be as awesome again.

#2 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

A-5, Air thru stock is up to, you the only limit is I'm not sure if it can be a folding and air thru at the same time. Get a hammerhead barrel and use good paint. Dont bother with the red dot... yet! What position do you see yourself doing? Heavy Gunner, Front Rifle Man, Medic, Sniper, Medium Gunner/Assault...
Posted Image

37sps.com

#3 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

Many of us have been in the exact same situation you are in wanting to find that simalar feel in your paintball gear to real gear.

Here is my suggestion. Don't.

Paintball is not combat. Yesyes it brings out that whole hunt and hunted feel and makes you go all adrenalin high for a few hours...but quit simply that is where it ends.

Combat load outs in the real world are huge. There is just no need to go that far in paintball. You simply do not need all that gear slowing you down. Go as light as possible.

As for the mixture of performance, accuracy and reliablity....Tippmann is not it. Tippmann is entry level to mid level player line of equipment.
They offer a look of miitary weapon...and sometimes even the weight of a real world weapon. That is great for that fine wannabe warrior but not really great for a guy looking to blow off steam from everyday life.

I started playing with Tippmann. I still have that old gun from 1998 and I still shoot it periodicaly for a reality check.
To use a good acurate description...it is like going back to a manual typwriter after using a computer for a long time. The difference in Tippmann to a high end gun is that profound.

What I learned over the years is that the high end guns with the hefty price tags typically do shoot better, faster and more reliably that any of the Tippmann guns on the market. And I am sure you have been or will be told that the Tippmann is the AK47 of the paintball world and they just always work...but I have fixed far more Tippmans at our field over the last six years than I ever have of all other brands combined. Period.

MacDev is our team sponsor. We sought them out after years of play and deciding what was important to us in a gun for scenario and recreational play. No MacDev is not perfect and yes there have been problems over the years. But MacDev is a small family operation and I know that when I call up and talk to James...I am talking to the guy who designed and milled my gun.

If I was to recomend a gun to you right now after reading your list of needs I would point you to a MacDev Tactical Drone with a CAR stock. The DX internals are ultra simple...far easier to work on than any Tippmann product. The efficiency is superior. The rails are milled out of billet Aluminum and part of the body of the gun...they will not break or fall off.
MacDev has the CAR stock available for the Drone and it gives a nice feel for shouldering and aiming.
The shift on the fly fire modes are seriously close to select fire making the user giggle during use while facing multiple opponents.

As for load out...well if you go Tippmann you are going to want a larger air tank do to their need for large quantities of air during operation. Something in the 72ci to the 88ci range. Most folks run those larger tanks by remote and mount them on their back and the air through stock. I hate remotes because the tank left bruises on my back do to my style of play...physical...very physical.
I have the air tank mounted on my gun, so having an efficient gun is important to me. Lighter is faster and I like that. I use a 48ci tank. Using my smaler lighter gun and lighter tank makes my gun/tank/hopper/paint load typically lighter than a Tippmann running remote air and a hopper of paint.

As for paint...I carry four pods and the paint in my hopper. But I find that most newer players tend to shoot more than that on a regular basis...I know I did. So you should look at the ability to carry six pods or more. I moved away from tactical vests a good while ago since they added weight and constricted my movement so I use a good pod pack with good back support and a wide belt to keep the pods from bouncing when I run.
Carrying more pods will slow you down but gives you more ability to suppress during the game. A vest is the best way to carry larger amounts of paint due to the load distrabution to your shoulders. Anything over six pods really should have some way to distribute that weight to your shoulders.

Looking back over the book I wrote...here is the condensed version.

I recommend a mask that fits you well and has thermal lenses. You will spend more time wearing this than imaginged so get a good one!
The MacDev Tactical Drone with CAR stock.
68ci air tank mounted on the gun under the CAR stock.
A high quality pod pack that hold 4 to 6 pods.
(if you most go remote, than a good vest will take care of your tank and paint needs)

And I disagree with Bone37...if you know how to use and set up a reddot sight properly then it will serve you very well in paintball!

Try to overlook all the typos and sentence structure...need more coffee this morning/afternoon!

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 04 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

#4 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

ya you can get markers to look identical to a real arm but why. paintball is not about the kill its about fun exerciser and team work but i think you under stand that. well millsig offers cool looking stuff and rap4 too but remember you can get cared away when buying junk on it to make it look cool. the lighter the better all around. for the barrel ied get something carbon fiber like stifi or sly they both come with camo on them or sice you probly have camo you can cut up make your own camo barrel rap. tippmanns are reliably hands down oh and all tippmans use the same parts so an a5 will perform the same as an 98 just the looks are different. on ebay they have a camo red dot for about $60. mask ied suggest the Camo flex 8 full mask and make fan kit for it so you don't fog up. the more you use the one marker the better you will be like tyger says. your probly want an mag fed marker for more of the real feel so then you will need some sort of vest with pouches.

#5 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

All I'm saying is, unless you're using high quality paint and
are sure of the roundness of the paint its going to be hard to hit
anything further than 30 ft in front of you.
That then makes the red dot just extra weight.
Dont worry too much about body kits as they too will just make things heaver.

Dont for get the TM7! It looks great and I haven't herd too much bad about them.
Posted Image

37sps.com

#6 User is offline   Tool92 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

View PostBone37, on 04 December 2011 - 11:24 PM, said:

A-5, Air thru stock is up to, you the only limit is I'm not sure if it can be a folding and air thru at the same time. Get a hammerhead barrel and use good paint. Dont bother with the red dot... yet! What position do you see yourself doing? Heavy Gunner, Front Rifle Man, Medic, Sniper, Medium Gunner/Assault...

I'm currently a 240 gunner, but downsizing to something in an assault role for paintball would be nice too (cheaper!). I trained for CQB with an M-4 with a red dot before I became a gunner though, so its just what comes natural to muscle memory. And no paintball gun will ever duplicate the raw power of 7.62 flying at 600 rounds a minute. Maybe I take it too seriously, but I dont want to go against the training Ive got, I lived this long on it lol.
PTSD: It's what happens when you return from a combat zone only to realize you'll never be as awesome again.

#7 User is offline   JaguarShark 

• TOTSUGEKI!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kiriyama9000

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

Most of the stuff you could possibly attach to rails on a paintball gun is for aesthetics and little more.

If you decide on a Tippmann, I would suggest replacing the barrel. The stock one (8.5") that comes with the A5 and X7 is hugely overbored and short.
The Hammerhead is BS. It's a nicely made barrel, but isn't any more effective than any other aftermarket barrel. Rifling is a gimmick and the price is outrageous.
You can't go wrong with a J&J Ceramic or any of the barrels from Lapco. If you want to spend a little more, Stiffi makes carbon fiber barrels. Keep the length to 14" maximum.
The best things you can do for accuracy is having an optimum length barrel, running HPA, and most importantly - keeping your gun and hopper spotless inside.

Just remember - you do not need to spend a fortune to have fun and play paintball well!
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

BARRELS
I'd go with a Flatline or Apex for range, and I'd recomend to you a folding stock over air-thru solid stocks. I know it's weird getting used to a folder when you've worked with the M16 solid stock/M4 CAR stock before, but once you do you realize it's so much better for close quarters and still just as stable when extended. Not that stability's a huge issue in pb in the first place, but still.

Supposedly there are better options out there for ACCURACY, and I believe it, but it doesn't get any better in terms of range, than putting a backspin on that paintball which is what Flatline and Apex do. With one exceptiong being the fs rounds, they're rifled, bullet shaped paintballs, but very expensive, and you might have to mod the gun to work with them, look 'em up.

STOCK
Check out the A5 Evolver topic linked in my sig, you'll see I started out with an M4 setup myself because that's what I was used to but ended up going a totally different MP5/G36ish direction (although not really sim of either), as I found the M4 style lacking in performance and failing to take advantage of the potential for manuverability.

Anyway, you'll see a few different setups and mods there just to give you a feel of what's possible with the A5...

By the way, I seriously doubt if they make an air through folding stock. I've never seen one, and folding the stock over would mess up the line, you'd have to reposition your airline every time you fold or extend it.

RED DOT
I have two Leapers Red/Green dot sights, I've had for years and they're still running ok. They were only 20 bucks to boot! I'm not sure if they're the best out there as far as low end paintball stuff but they've worked great for me.

You'll hear alot in the pb community that red dots are useless because paintballs aren't pin point accurate. But being a veteran yourself you should know as well as I do that no weapon is so innaccurate that it's better NOT to aim the damn thing. Even with mediocre paint, running CO2, and with no internals mods at all or geared towards accuracy I've racked up multiple single shot eliminations at ball lobbing range thanks ENTIRELY to my red dot sight. And I know it's because of the red dot because hearing all the nay sayers, I've switched back and forth between using it and 100% point and shooting, and I can gaurantee you from years of experience: making the effort to aim makes a huge difference despite what those who don't know any better will constantly tell you. Granted there is such thing as point and shoot range, where you don't need to use your sight, but that is the exception NOT the rule. People in paintball get it backwards a lot.

To give you some idea what kind of performance to expect here's what I've found. Your max range with a paintball gun's only going to be a few hundred feet. With some decent hand-eye coordination you'll be able to point and shoot accurately to about 30-50ft. Beyond that it's wild guessing and watching your paintballs like tracers, dumping dozens of rounds to walk in on the guy. But with the sight you can just put the red dot on their center mass and know that in a 3-5 shot burst at LEAST one of those is going to hit the guy in the torso thats out to 75-100ft. Beyond that you can just guestimate elevation using the red dot to make sure you're centered on the target vertically, aim over their head, and once you get used to your marker's general trajectory you'll be able to guess elevation dead on most of the time: from there fire a 3-5 shot burst and most of the time you can rest assured that one of those shots will land on the guy out to maybe a couple hundred feet.

RAIL ATACHMENTS
Tac lights really come in handy if you know how to use one, LIGHT AND MOVE. Nothing more satisfying than seeing the look of totall shock on that guys face when you light him up on some pitch dark field... except of course sneaking up behind the next guy, who's still shooting at the last place he saw you're light come on hahaha!

Vertical foregrips are just a comfort thing, but comfort is important. There's usually know real recoil to speak of with a brick of a gun like the Tippmenn.

Lasers are a no go. Too dangerous to other players eye sight.

Sights like I mentioned can be extremely usefull, and save a giant but load of paint. In the same game DAY where most everyone else goes through at least one case of paint, I'll usually use up about half of a bag and rack just as many eliminations as anyone else. Which means I can play about eight times as much for the same price. Thats not JUST because of the sight though, thats also because I run low capacity loaders. I used to be on a 28ish round tac cap, now I'm running 20 round mags. But the sight is a big part of it.

OTHER GOODIES
They make magazine feed conversion kits for Tippmann now. They actually have the WORST ergonomics of any magazine system I've ever seen, we're talking way worse than M14/AK which itself was worse than M16, you gotta come up with your own little work around to eject the mag. It's meh at best. But none-the-less, I feel like it beats the ever living sh*t out of hoppers. So you might want to look into that if you're like minded. I heard some other companies are coming out with mag kits and mag feed guns so maybe do some research before you commit to anything in that department...

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 05 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

If youre intent on staying with a blowback (tippmann) listen to Shipwreck. He has had almost every setup on his tippmann, and as a military man knows the pros and cons of each and can relate to your situation.

However, i would do what Krazy8 said and pick up an electro. If the drone is too expensive, look at the tm15 or TM7, but i think you would prefer the TM15, as well as the GoG G-1.

Whatever you do, I hope you find a fun time in paintball and realize that it is its own sport, and not merely a replication of military action. The dynamics of the game are significantly different due to the differences in paintball propulsion.

If youre really into realism, you might want to consider giving airsoft a shot.
2 Samuel 22

#10 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

The TM7 and 15 are simply a Mini in a pretty dress...save yourself money and cleaning time and go with a stock Mini.

Flatline barrel...got one. At 100' it has a 24" target average. My Drone has a 6" average at 100'. Which would you rather use?
At 300' 9 out 10 paintballs bounce off of hard targets using either barrel. And I can hit a 24" target at 200 feet 50% of the time with a normal barrel...not true with the Flatline.
The one bennifit the Flatline has over a standard barrel is a straight trajectory in the 50' to 100' shot. Allows shotting under tree branches and through multiple windows at target who think they are safe.

The APEX is a great thing...if you are willing to shoot the two cases of paint needed to learn the bloody thing! Once you do how ever you can shoot folks behind bunkers and in the bottom of trenches....really surprises them!

Stocks...I hate em all. They put the gun under your line of sight. And wearing a mask in our sport does not allow for proper head alignment to aim right.
Most guns now have the ASA on the bottom of the grip frame. Screwing the tank in there and shouldering the tank like a stock puts the body of the gun directly in you line of sight without needing to crain your neck. Better ergonomics allow for faster target aquasition and shooting. The body of the gun sitting right up in your eyeball area make occular sighting simple and switching from left and right handed shooting possitions is not a problem. It will actually make it easier to use a red dot with the body of the gun up higher in your LOS.
That is the main reason I do not like stocks.
A team mate comes from a strong military background however and shoots all his guns very effectivly using stocks.
Do what works for you, but give both methods a try. ou might be surprised to find a new way to play that works better for you.

Tac Lights. Man I luv it when they use those! Targets. Light up a room and tell me where you are going...I have yet to be shot by an opponent thanks to his tac light. I have however used that light to send him to the dead box. They are great for safety during a night game so you don't trip and fall...but usful in game...nope.
Now if you want to talk about the usefulnes of the Gladiator tac light...oh yeah! That baby and its random oscilation flash seriously blinds a player at night for a choice few seconds...just enough time for them to get shot! They work great when properly used.
Now a NV monocular....OH BABY! Tac Light looks like flint and steel compaired to a blow torch for starting a fire!

There is even far less recoil from a high qulity electro..no grip needed.

240 gunner! Ok...you get to carry anything you want sir!

I will say however that my daughters Cyborg will shoot 2040 rounds per minute.
My Drone will do around 1700 per minute...600 looks slow after that.

If you can't tell...I like to debate.

Do what you want man...enjoy the game.

Overall I say you should play and ask if you can borrow other players setups for a game to see why they use what they do.
I know players all over the country that would be happy to show you why they use what the do and let you try it out....all you have to do is ask politely.
Happy hunting. I hope you find what makes you smile when you play!

#11 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 05 December 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

Tac Lights. Man I luv it when they use those! Targets. Light up a room and tell me where you are going...I have yet to be shot by an opponent thanks to his tac light. I have however used that light to send him to the dead box. They are great for safety during a night game so you don't trip and fall...but usful in game...nope.
Now if you want to talk about the usefulnes of the Gladiator tac light...oh yeah! That baby and its random oscilation flash seriously blinds a player at night for a choice few seconds...just enough time for them to get shot! They work great when properly used.
Now a NV monocular....OH BABY! Tac Light looks like flint and steel compaired to a blow torch for starting a fire!

I like my Tac Light, 1200 lumens on strobe, it blinds rather than pointing out where I am.

#12 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Yeah...after teh success the Gladiator strobe had in the tactical entry scenario more strobes hit the market. And they really do work quite well!

#13 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

View PostBenaiah, on 05 December 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

If youre intent on staying with a blowback (tippmann) listen to Shipwreck. He has had almost every setup on his tippmann, and as a military man knows the pros and cons of each and can relate to your situation.

However, i would do what Krazy8 said and pick up an electro. If the drone is too expensive, look at the tm15 or TM7, but i think you would prefer the TM15, as well as the GoG G-1.

Whatever you do, I hope you find a fun time in paintball and realize that it is its own sport, and not merely a replication of military action. The dynamics of the game are significantly different due to the differences in paintball propulsion.

If youre really into realism, you might want to consider giving airsoft a shot.

That's right baby! The all out, no holds bared, paintballin' awesome machine you see before you runs almost entirely on props. So keep 'em comin. Listen to Shipwreck indeed!

What? You're recommending an electro?

'C'mon Tool, do you really want your marker to be a delicate toy of a gun that's powered by a 9 volt and is gonna crap out on you every time it drizzles or you do something perfectly reasonable like smash it on some rocks under your full weight when you eat it at a dead run, or drop it in a river? Or do you want an all mechanical badass brick of a gun that's gonna fire every time like an AK, take a beating like a prize fighter, then retire with dignity at the age of 35 with mild yet permanent brain damage and still be able to whoop your ass at 70?

Whatever differences there might be between paintball and armed combat, the basic premise (to shoot a live opposing player with some type of projectile) is identical. And as such all the basic principles and tactics of armed combat carry over just fine, and are very usefull in paintball generally speaking. The only things that don't translate well, are the finer points of marksmanship like breathing controll etc, as the range is so short the tiny movements that will throw a long range shot have minimal to no effect. Besides that a lot of the tactics go out the window the second you set foot on a speedball course, it's such a tiny, well boxed in, well manicured and hyper controlled environment that any real tact is effectively rendered moot, just two groups of people bashing head on into eachother like the offensive and defensive lines in a football play, and hammering away with case after case of paint, until everyone on side or the other is eliminated, because that's really all you have room to do. There's no flanking (there's a fence in the way), there's no sneaking (no brush-like soft cover to coneal, you can see clear across the field), or squad scale manuvering at all (it's a small field). Anytime you go out paintballing and shoot at your friends you're going to have some kind of fun, but if it were possible for any aspect of paintball gameplay to be "boring", this would be it.

Anyway, being CQB trained you'll probably find, like I did, that a lot of that carries over very well since it's mostly about manuvers, speed, dynamic entry, etc. with less emphasis on marksmanship. You stick to the woods and maybe some abandoned buildings you'll have a lot of fun out-manuvering, ambushing, out-smarting and when the occassion arises simply rolling up your opposition based on your tactical training.

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 06 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 05 December 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

The TM7 and 15 are simply a Mini in a pretty dress...save yourself money and cleaning time and go with a stock Mini.

Flatline barrel...got one. At 100' it has a 24" target average. My Drone has a 6" average at 100'. Which would you rather use?
At 300' 9 out 10 paintballs bounce off of hard targets using either barrel. And I can hit a 24" target at 200 feet 50% of the time with a normal barrel...not true with the Flatline.
The one bennifit the Flatline has over a standard barrel is a straight trajectory in the 50' to 100' shot. Allows shotting under tree branches and through multiple windows at target who think they are safe.

I do love that Flatline trajectory. I go back to stock barrels and see that paintball arcing all the hell over the place and I just start dry heaving, can't do it anymore.

The APEX is a great thing...if you are willing to shoot the two cases of paint needed to learn the bloody thing! Once you do how ever you can shoot folks behind bunkers and in the bottom of trenches....really surprises them!

Stocks...I hate em all. They put the gun under your line of sight. And wearing a mask in our sport does not allow for proper head alignment to aim right.
Most guns now have the ASA on the bottom of the grip frame. Screwing the tank in there and shouldering the tank like a stock puts the body of the gun directly in you line of sight without needing to crain your neck. Better ergonomics allow for faster target aquasition and shooting. The body of the gun sitting right up in your eyeball area make occular sighting simple and switching from left and right handed shooting possitions is not a problem. It will actually make it easier to use a red dot with the body of the gun up higher in your LOS.
That is the main reason I do not like stocks.
A team mate comes from a strong military background however and shoots all his guns very effectivly using stocks.
Do what works for you, but give both methods a try. ou might be surprised to find a new way to play that works better for you.

Ugh, blurgh at best. If you have a decent shooting stance, and keep your head low so it doesn't get shot, and those CO2 but plate stock put the body of the gun about level with your line of sight, and the top of the gun where the sights are, way above your los. Horrible for lining up a shot with your sight, unless your gonna stand straight up, stretch your neck out and make yourself the biggest target possible. All you need to accomodate your goggles is about an inch of clearence below the body of the gun, but the co2 but stock will have you shouldering about six inches below the body of the gun, just way too low. Plus you can't fold your CO2 bottle over and gain a little manuverability like you can a good stock. You run rear air and your gun's just always going to be a couple feet long from butt plate to muzzle, and god help you if you plan on taking that through a close quarters environment, and those folding stocks are what REALLY make it easy to switch stance.
That's just the main reasons I don't like anything except a folding or fully collapseable stock.
But indeed, try all the methods you can dig up. You'll eventually dial in your style.

I on the other hand have yet to be shot because of my tac light. I have however flash-blinded the crap out of and lit up many an unfortunate player who said, "Man, I'm gonna be able to see you all the way across the field with that thing!". Like I always have to explain to people, tac-lights don't just work or not because they're tac-lights, you actually have to know how to use one. If you tag someone out because they were using a light, it's because they didn't know what they were doing with it.

Strobe lights aren't at all necessary to flash blind people, in fact they're probably not appropriate for the paintball field do to the risk of triggering epileptic seizures. The momentary on actuation of a traditional tac light is a lot safer for field use, and will give you a much more clear view of your target for the moment you light them. Night vision would be a cool toy to have, but too damn expensive to buy just for paintballing, let alone to let people shoot at with paintballs, and will narrrow the crap out of your peripheral at close quarters, I'll stick to my tac light, and would take it over NV (for paintball) any day.

There is even far less recoil from a high qulity electro..no grip needed.

I'd bet the mech markers have less, the heavier the gun and the lower the rof, the less recoil you're gonna feel firing at a set velocity of 280fps. Although I wouldn't imagine a grip necessary in either case. Like I said, that's just a comfort thing.

240 gunner! Ok...you get to carry anything you want sir!

Yeah, props!

I will say however that my daughters Cyborg will shoot 2040 rounds per minute.
My Drone will do around 1700 per minute...600 looks slow after that.

600 is supposed to be slow. Vs the M16 platform which is, what? 700-900rpm. Vs. M134D and Phalanx at approx 3,000rpm. But then again I guess it is fast compared to M60E3/M2 at 550/500rpm respectively. Thing is with these belt fed weapons you don't bother referencing mag capacity, you can just link belt to belt to belt and fire indefinently... in theory... until it melts.

Btw enjoy feeding that Cyborg.

If you can't tell...I like to debate.

AS DO I! :P

Do what you want man...enjoy the game.

And by "Do what you want..." he means, "Do what Shipwreck wants... YOU SHOULD ALL DO WHAT SHIPWRECK WANTS!"

Overall I say you should play and ask if you can borrow other players setups for a game to see why they use what they do.
I know players all over the country that would be happy to show you why they use what the do and let you try it out....all you have to do is ask politely.
Happy hunting. I hope you find what makes you smile when you play!

A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

Nope, definitely have to agree that my Automag has a lot less kick than my old Tippmann ever did ... weight or not. In fact, I'd say the kick is COMING from the hammer weight in a Tippy. I haven't played with an electro but I've shot a few, and I really do prefer the reactivity of my Automag trigger.

Allllll about valve design, particularly at high ROF.

Agree about Flatline ... first barrel I owned because I thought arcing tracjectories would throw me off....they aren't that bad, really. And they do go a lot straighter (more predictable).

Started with a tank, then had a Dogleg stock, now use a tank on my 'Mag. Still use a stock on my Phantom. None on my PGP and Super Stocker. Depends on what you're playing with, but as long as you are stabilising your marker on something your shots will be more consistent.

In the end... look into some Automags. Not too expensive, but the Level 10 is proven Anti-chop and it has no batteries. Capable of 34.5 bps with an RT/Rt Pro/X-Valve. Level 10 adds some tuning but they are SWEET.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users