Special Ops Paintball: Remote Clogged? or is it my stock? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Remote Clogged? or is it my stock? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   No Quarter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Northwest Brigade ( Idaho )

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

I just got a gas-through stock for my A5 and when I hook up my remote to it and charge it I can only get a few shots before the gun acts like it's out of air. It's as if the tank can't keep up with supplying the gun with air.

The stock actually screws right into the ASA of the gun, where the tank would normally go. I removed the stock and tried to physically blow air with my mouth through the remote line and out the stock. I have to try pretty hard just to get a trickle of air. Is this normal, or should air flow pretty freely through?

The stock has some small holes under a collar that are supposed to supply air to the ASA. These might be too small I'm thinking ( maybe the stock isn't designed for the gas needs of an A5 running a cyclone) and if I drilled them out to a larger size perhaps I'd get more air to the gun.

Any thoughts?
IPB Image

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:10 PM

If you hook the tank to the ASA does the marker work fine? Sounds like you are screwing the remote knob on the tank end all the way down...actually putting the pin INTO the valve, cutting off airflow. So you can fire the 3-4 shots that were in the remote before you fully cut off flow. Tighten the knob down only until you hear the gas release and see the coil stiffen slightly. Then only turn the knob 1/4-1/2 turn more. Anymore and you are putting it into the valve.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   No Quarter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

View PostLegato, on May 7 2010, 10:10 PM, said:

If you hook the tank to the ASA does the marker work fine? Sounds like you are screwing the remote knob on the tank end all the way down...actually putting the pin INTO the valve, cutting off airflow. So you can fire the 3-4 shots that were in the remote before you fully cut off flow. Tighten the knob down only until you hear the gas release and see the coil stiffen slightly. Then only turn the knob 1/4-1/2 turn more. Anymore and you are putting it into the valve.

Yes, it works fine with a tank attached directly to the ASA. It also seems to be fine using the remote the way I had it set up before. . . I'm starting to think it might be the stock itself restricting flow somehow. I have tried the knob at different tightness on the remote and it doesn't seem to matter where I put it. I've been using this remote for years with no problems.
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

Do you have any other markers you can test it on?
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#5 User is offline   No Quarter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:10 AM

My friend's going to bring his remote line over tomorrow. That should help determine which one is the problem.
IPB Image

#6 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

Let us know the results.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic