Special Ops Paintball: a new T9 mag - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

a new T9 mag self contained c02

Poll: yes or no (12 member(s) have cast votes)

yes or no

1. Yes (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. No (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Vote

#1 User is offline   TheChaplain 

• solving the worlds deer population problems 290 grains at a time
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:29 AM

a sugestion: t9 mags with ,instead of 12gs, a small chamber inside that could be filled from a normal tank with an adapter

that way having extended mags wouldnt have a problem with overconsumption of c02 because the chamber could contain as much as is needed

This post has been edited by TheChaplain: 17 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

You have the right to remain silentwhatever you say can and will be misquoted then used against you

#2 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

dang. that would be huge if it was anything bigger then an 88 gram disposable... even then it would be humongous.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#3 User is offline   JJ GBR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:JJ GBR

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:12 AM

Don't airsofters have something similiar, where you 'charge up' a magazine (i think this only appiles to pistols) with gas from a pre filled can?

#4 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

View PostJJ GBR, on Jul 19 2008, 08:12 AM, said:

Don't airsofters have something similiar, where you 'charge up' a magazine (i think this only appiles to pistols) with gas from a pre filled can?

Using "green gas" which has an inherent pressure far lower than CO2, thus making it more feasible/easier to make safely. Just imagine what could happen with any sort of lapse in QC or inadequate engineering on such a design, given the RAP4 stock recall.

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#5 User is offline   CON*RAD 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CON*RAD

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

I always wonder why paintball markers dont/cant use green gas? It sounds like a good idea but it must not work because im sure they would have it for some markers by now... Heck most airsoft guns run off that stuff.
AGD- "because quality always shoots straight"

pump player

SOUP

#6 User is offline   TheChaplain 

• solving the worlds deer population problems 290 grains at a time
  • PipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

it works fow airsoft because the pellets dont take much pressure to send them flying.

it would take too much gas to shoot a pb and recharge the marker
You have the right to remain silentwhatever you say can and will be misquoted then used against you

#7 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:18 AM

View PostCON*RAD, on Jul 20 2008, 09:03 PM, said:

I always wonder why paintball markers dont/cant use green gas? It sounds like a good idea but it must not work because im sure they would have it for some markers by now... Heck most airsoft guns run off that stuff.

Here's one way of looking at it: carry a 20oz CO2-sized tank full of green gas and load the contents of one pod into your hopper and you'll have a pretty good match of propellant gas and ammunition.

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#8 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

*cough*rap4*cough*
some of you may know this already

the rap 226 is a 43 caliber pistol that has the option to use this kind of thing.
it has an adapter (similiar to the ones to charge thunder grenades i think) fill an internal chamber in the guns grip from a reguar co2 tank.
the only problem with this is that the chamber gets considerably less shots per fill than the gun gets per 12 gram
(this pistol gets about 50 shots to the 12g but about 30 shots per fill of the internal chamber). now think of this. an efficient .68 cal pistol or pump can get around 25-30 shots a 12 gram. on an internal fill that means it would only get about 10-15 shots max (i didnt do any math just my esimate) off of a chamber the same size

oh actually i just had an idea. if the tiberius 8/9 extended magazine becomes popular enough they could make a chamber that would travel the entire length of the magazine and therefore be big enough to get quite a few shots per fill. only problems would be weight(maybe),size (probably),cost(almost definitely). the regular tac 8 magazine costs ~$40.00 the t8/9 extended mag kit costs $29.99 at special ops store. thats 70 bucks already. i dont know about you but its more than i can afford for ONE magazine

This post has been edited by mass destruction: 13 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#9 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

Hmm. What is wrong with using a 12g? Stock class players use them all the time.. you don't see us asking for a rechargable chamber. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users