• You cannot reply to this topic

How To- Vest with Ghillie or pod pack with ghillie Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#1 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

Alright I've seen a few topics asking "How do I use my vest with my ghillie suit?" . Many people just say get a leg harness or just ghillie the vest. I'm going to show you that you don't need to do either of those if you already own a tac-vest or a pod pack. Are you ready to be the rave of all your sniper buddies? You guys (and gals) ready to LEARN!?! .....No? Fine go take your aderal and snag your thinking caps! Alrighty, lets get started!

STEP 1: What we're going to be using.
A pod pack or tac vest - prefferably one that can be divided into front and back peices, most Spec Ops Vests should do.
Your ghillie suit top.
Scissors
Posted Image
Posted Image

STEP 2: Getting under the ghillie
So you want to put the vest under the ghillie. How do you get under it? WITH SCISSORS!!! MUAHAHAHA!!! Just don't run with 'em.
You're going to need to make room for the vest straps to slip through between the ghillie and bdu's.
So take the scissors and cut the netting at the shoulders (if you have a vest) and at the waist. I made my suit to have holes there when I sewed the netting on.
Posted Image

STEP 3: Making the Cuts
So take the scissors and cut the netting at the waist (I made my suit to have holes there when I sewed the netting on) and the shoulders as well, if you're goin to use the vest.
Posted Image
This is what it should look like when you cut it, now rinse and repeat.
Now you need to get under the ghillie so take the netting secured to the bottom of the bdu top and remove the netting from the bdu top. Once again, when I made my suit I didn't sew it to the bottom so I could get the vest under.
Posted Image

STEP 4a: Placing the Pack
Now when you have cut your holes you need to see if your pack will fit. (if it doesn't then make the holes bigger and if the hole is too big... you need to start sewing)
When you slip it in pull the ghillie down over the pack as shown in the other pictures.
Posted Image
Now flip it and pull the straps together like you would in a match.
Posted Image
Ta-Da!!! now you're done, if you have a pod pack. But don't worry I'll get to the "Remote Line Problem" in this next section.

STEP 4b: Placing the Vest
First make the holes like you would a pod pack and make cuts at the shoulders where your vest straps usually go.
Posted Image
Now rinse and repeat to the other side. I know you're getting tire of hearing it, but I already had the strap holes built in to make it easier.
You should raise up the ghillie to place the vest under it.
Posted Image

Now just slide the waist straps through the holes that you cut and put the shoulder straps through the shoulder hole.
Posted Image

You can now pull the ghillie over it. Make sure the straps are extruding out of the holes and are clearly visable.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

You should now put the waist straps together and attach the front part of the vest to the back, as shown.
Posted Image
Posted Image

STEP 5: "The Remote Line Problem"
So I bet you guys are wondering why you aren't able to use a remote coil, well, you can! Remember those awesome scissors we used earlier? Well run and grab them, but I know you're excited so power-walk back, don't run! You need to make room for a coil to run under your arm pit to the gun or those awesome air-thru stocks wouldn't be worth the money you spent on them, right? So take the arm you are dominate with and cut a nice little hole for the coil to slip through, as pictured.
Posted Image
so pull it through and you'll have this again!
Posted Image

So now you know the answer to the ever-vexing conundrum of vexation!!!, HOW TO GO GHILLIE WITH A VEST OR POD PACK!!! So go out in your newly aquirred awesomeness and Secret Squirrel to your hearts content.

-Pho-

NOTE: Not all vests will work with this, but all pod packs should. But don't take my word for it. It's a cookie cutter plan, I guess. Copy it or mod it to your specs.
Also I'm posting this topic in the Sniper HQ instead of the camo section, I want people to see it. Not that many people venture into the sniper camo section. So when and IF this gets stickied it should go into the Sniper Camo section for further refference.

#2 User is offline   Ironbox 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

fantastic how to, this is my first say but i believe it's sticky worthy, detailed and nice pictures thanks much

#3 User is offline   Jellyfish 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Jellyfish

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:23 AM

NICELY DONE AMIGO!!! Very well done! I'm impressed!!
"Two inches or two feet...a miss is a miss!"

#4 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

Thank you, I was just tired of people having to settle for leg pouches, I personally don't like them, or having to ghillie the vest.

#5 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:23 AM

it looks very cute :wub:
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#6 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

Trying to get into my sniper game and this was awesome. I know I've been struggling with the idea and pretty sure I've sought answers elsewhere's in the Sniper HQ section, but this has been the best so far. Thanks for the help!
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#7 User is offline   Cheapo 

• Sergeant Cheapo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cheapo587

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

Wow nice post. I myself have been trying to figure out how to do this with AGII and a Dagger Vest. With the Recon 6 it would be no problem, but with the Dagger its much more of a challenge. However I wasn't as intuitive as you and didn't stop to think about the net-hang-over-vest idea. Great work! I love how you don't just wear the ghillie over the vest, you allow the vest to retain its functions while still enabling the ghillie to do its job and keep you concealed where it counts, on the sides and back.
One world, one life. One time, one chance
One purpose, one reason. One shot, one kill.
Its the shooter not the gun.

#8 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

Well I always thought it'd be easier with the dagger because the shoulder straps are thinner.

Edit: Well, before this I was only using a "camel back-esqe" backpack and I wanted to bring more paint so I wouldn't have to leave the field at an all-day scenario and also be prepared for some fire-fights. But originally I had that backpack just sitting over my ghillie, then I got the idea to put it under it. So I cut holes for it and everything. Thats where I got the idea. I didn't list some of the cons, though.

Cons-
Bottle sometimes gets snagged in the netting before the game.
Harder to put the replace the pods after re-filling, because the ghillie hangs in the way. (but thats mostly on the outer pod slots and I only carry 300 rounds into battle so it works)

other than that I can't really think of any more reasons to not do it. the ones I listed aren't even bad enough to even consider not doing it anymore.

This post has been edited by Phobeus: 25 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

#9 User is offline   blister 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CHEESE MAN 911

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

Nice post but does the pack make a big lump

#10 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:23 AM

yes it does, which helps to break up the human outline. Atleast I believe it does, lol!

#11 User is offline   Stuffy 

• Selling to fund E30.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STUFFY

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

Very nice how-to Phobeus. I enjoyed reading it. Personally I prefere a cap or just having the ghillie on my vest so I can wear my bdu's with ghillie poo all over them. lol But this is very similar to how I went AG on my custom vest. Great job man. :thumbup:

#12 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

i think i outta start a new ghillie :P

what i did has got nothin on yours man 5 stars
:)
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#13 User is offline   Darkwind 

• "Onward to Victory"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Darkwind

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

Good Job! Nice write-up and good use of the photos. Very impressing job.

-Darkwind

#14 User is offline   roxcreek 

• the sniper who really likes running
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:roxcreek

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

Where did get that BDU, if I'm not mistaken it looked like there was venting on the back between the netting and the inside of the BDU.

I haven't seen too many others' pictures of their ghillies close up, out of those few this is the best looking one out of the few I've seen. ;)

What did you use to tie the netting to the BDU? I used doublethreaded monofilament and have been looking for a strong thread that I can put through a sewing machine.

#15 User is offline   Phobeus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

I cut out the back myself and sewn in the cordura mesh with fishing line. also most of the thread used on that suit was navy blue thread, some fishing line was included.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users