• You cannot reply to this topic

HALO TSA Backman eh...not the greatest..but cheap Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:08 PM

I recently purchased a HALO TSA to accompany my PROTO SLG because they were on sale for really cheap. I figured 12-15 BPS is pretty good, and it qualifies as a legal hopper for SPPL events. It's a very nice looking loader, I got the smoke model. It runs off of 2 nine volt batteries(tends to get pretty pricey), and is sound activated. This loader also features Tilt Sensor Activation, which allows the motor to turn counter/clockwise depending on which way the loader is tilted. It is designed to always feed ball no matter whether you have your marker tilted to the side or not.

The good thing about this loader is that it's a cheap solution. If you don't have much money, it's a good bargain.

The thing I don't like about this loader is that it skips A LOT. It's not very consistent. I took a short video of me unloading a hopper on my SLG to give everyone an idea of how well this thing feeds:

Link to video

It may just be the sound activation, or the fact that it wasn't designed to feed that fast, but it just doesn't perform up to my expectations. It does a little bit better when you turn the cap down to around 12 BPS and only shoot in short bursts. It also helps if you are moving the hopper around instead of holding it still. Over all, I think I would have rather saved up a little bit more money and gotten something nicer. But, oh well. I guess you just live and learn.

All expectations aside, this loader DOES work well. It just doesn't feed as fast or as consistent as I would like. I would say 10-12BPS is about the max for this loader if you want to expect any kind of consistency. It will work really well for events that have hopper restrictions such as the SPPL, but in the long term I think I will invest in something nicer, that will be more consistent(even if I will never be able to legally use it to it's full potential at any field). I think more than anything the more expensive hoppers are worth it just for the consistent feed rate.

#2 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

Keep in mind advertised feed rates for all loaders is going to be the PEAK feed rate, not what it can sustain :/

that's just how the industry works

#3 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:47 AM

View Postaqua_scummm, on Apr 3 2008, 10:24 PM, said:

Keep in mind advertised feed rates for all loaders is going to be the PEAK feed rate, not what it can sustain :/

that's just how the industry works

Yea, I just had high hopes I guess :D

But, yea, the advertised feed rate is definitely peak feed rate.

#4 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

i have an LCD frontman and it did a pretty good job of keeping up with my Ion...

#5 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

View PostCesar, on Apr 4 2008, 08:02 PM, said:

i have an LCD frontman and it did a pretty good job of keeping up with my Ion...

Hmm...maybe it's something about the size difference....Oh well.

#6 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

View PostSheriff Matt, on Apr 5 2008, 12:12 AM, said:

View PostCesar, on Apr 4 2008, 08:02 PM, said:

Hmm...maybe it's something about the size difference....Oh well.

i think what it might be is i can adjust the sensitivity and duration of the motor...IDK if the non-LCDs can do that...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users