Special Ops Paintball: Tacamo Mag-fed A5 Conversion Kit Evaluation Testing - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tacamo Mag-fed A5 Conversion Kit Evaluation Testing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   InBlack 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hey everyone, we got a chance to get a video up testing out the Tacamo mag-fed conversion kit for the A5. We try out the magazine setup, first strike in the breach and the cyclone. Check it out!

Modern Intel - Home - Tacamo Mag-fed A5 Conversion Kit EvaluationáTesting

#2 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

so i have to admit, it's a pretty nice setup i think. I was weary about it at first, but for a milsim, it's nice to have the stability of a tippmann.

#3 User is offline   InBlack 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

I totally agree, it shoots very nice actually. Its also nice to be able to have all of the A5s upgrades available

#4 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

My friend has a MILSIG (Which he's currently trying to sell...) - it uses the same mags as RAP4 (MILSIG actually designed them and let RAP4 distribute, but then RAP4 basically took [stole?] the idea, so I hear ,and started selling their own stuff...[T68]).

Anyways, my friend found that at our field (FPO) the paint would fail to feed sometimes. It may have been the issue you mentioned there (he has Smoke MILSIG mags) but he noticed that some of the paintballs didn't like fitting in the mag very much. They basically got stuck at the top just below the breech... just a warning. If your paint is too big it may not feed into the marker at all, which sucks.

So, while it's a neat idea that should have come into being a LONG time ago... I haven't heard of the same issue with Tiberius mags. Similarly, I know a few people that have had issues with the spring in the mag crushing paint sometimes (particularly in the cold), resulting in a painful mag-cleaning process. They subsequently switched to hopper-only use (which sucks, it's like having a glorified 98 custom).

#5 User is offline   InBlack 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 16 February 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

My friend has a MILSIG (Which he's currently trying to sell...) - it uses the same mags as RAP4 (MILSIG actually designed them and let RAP4 distribute, but then RAP4 basically took [stole?] the idea, so I hear ,and started selling their own stuff...[T68]).

Anyways, my friend found that at our field (FPO) the paint would fail to feed sometimes. It may have been the issue you mentioned there (he has Smoke MILSIG mags) but he noticed that some of the paintballs didn't like fitting in the mag very much. They basically got stuck at the top just below the breech... just a warning. If your paint is too big it may not feed into the marker at all, which sucks.

So, while it's a neat idea that should have come into being a LONG time ago... I haven't heard of the same issue with Tiberius mags. Similarly, I know a few people that have had issues with the spring in the mag crushing paint sometimes (particularly in the cold), resulting in a painful mag-cleaning process. They subsequently switched to hopper-only use (which sucks, it's like having a glorified 98 custom).

Rap4/Tacamo will be releasing a brand new magazine for these kits as well. What type of MILSIG mags does your buddy have that keeps jamming paint? I bet it's the 19 round mags, they were a huge issue. That usually doesn't happen with most mags just the 19 round milsigs)

#6 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

Not sure - bought his used.

#7 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:30 AM

did the black mags move around in the well as much as the clear mags?
and were the black mags 18 or 20 (I know you said 18)?

This post has been edited by sousey: 17 February 2011 - 04:30 AM

#8 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:13 AM

my Tiberius mag has had only one break in it, and I've put a few (3 and working on my 4th) cases of paint through it (which is quite a feat at 8 rounds per mag) and I'm not sure if the break had to do with the spring or just a bad ball because it was the only time I reached in and grabbed paint and jammed them into the mag on the way onto the field. Usually I check every ball for roundness and make sure it's clean.

#9 User is offline   InBlack 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:26 AM

View Postsousey, on 17 February 2011 - 06:30 AM, said:

did the black mags move around in the well as much as the clear mags?
and were the black mags 18 or 20 (I know you said 18)?

They are essentially the same mag. The wobble inside of the magwell is nothing. This is not the production magwell so things like wobble and the mag release not being perfect will all be sorted out with the production model.
Black mags were also 18 rounds.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users