Special Ops Paintball: Why Does It Seem like everyone hates Tippmann? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Why Does It Seem like everyone hates Tippmann? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   A-MAD07 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:A-MAD07

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

I know theres a fair share of people out there that dont, like me. However it seems like everyone on the forums has something against tippmann. Maby im wrong but i just dont get it. Can anyone enlighten me?
This is my sig... Awsome!

#2 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

I dunno. They are durable markers. I've never had a problem with mine, though it doesn't suit my style of play anymore.

#3 User is offline   A-MAD07 

• PipPip

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

View PostC9H13NO3, on Jul 4 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

I dunno. They are durable markers. I've never had a problem with mine, though it doesn't suit my style of play anymore.

Why Not?

Edit: Never mind read one of your posts i see why.

This post has been edited by A-MAD07: 04 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

#4 User is offline   Erndogg 

• Team Suburban Support
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Erndogg

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

A couple of my friends swear by Tippmann and ont he other hands I have a couple that use words that are less then appropriate for them.

Its a matter of taste I guess. I personally dont mind Tippys, I have used plenty of them in the past and currently own 3. They are not my primary markers any more, but my style of play has changed considerably since I bought them too!

Its kind of one of those Apples Vs Oranges debates.

#5 User is offline   Lukeg 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Keeper

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

It seems as though the more recent Tippmanns are not made with as high of quality as ones built a few years ago. Someone correct me if I am wrong?

I like mine, but I don't use it anymore because I use my pump.
"And what of comfort? Comfort is an illusion. A false security bred from familiar ways. It narrows the mind. Weakens the body and robs the soul of spirit and determination. Comfort is neither welcome nor tolerated. It is a luxury we cannot afford. It is a difficult thing to leave behind, but it is the enemy and it will be cast aside."

#6 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

Tippmanns have lost a lot of the quality that gave them their reliable reputation.

I don't like their style either. I don't like the mil-sim image they're gravitating towards. Especially since it makes a lot of people think that "woodsball" and "mil-sim" are somehow linked. They weren't always like that, their older markers looked rugged and did have a more gun-like feel, but they didn't go so far as to resemble modern day assault rifles.

With their newer markers I wouldn't rate them any more durable than similarly priced markers. For awhile they had Pro Carbines - an extremely well built marker well worth its price - going for the same price as 98 Customs. 98 Customs were so much more cheaply built, their clamshell bodies are a dead giveaway. They were selling a cheaper, inferior product at the same price and soaking up the profit.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#7 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

i bring mine to the field as a back-up, i like it, its served me well and the only complaint i have is i am not a fan of the 98c barrel threads, they are too big and i actually cut myself on the death point once...but other than that theyre fine.

This post has been edited by Cesar: 04 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

#8 User is offline   A-MAD07 

• PipPip

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

View PostPiller, on Jul 4 2008, 11:23 PM, said:

Tippmanns have lost a lot of the quality that gave them their reliable reputation.

I don't like their style either. I don't like the mil-sim image they're gravitating towards. Especially since it makes a lot of people think that "woodsball" and "mil-sim" are somehow linked. They weren't always like that, their older markers looked rugged and did have a more gun-like feel, but they didn't go so far as to resemble modern day assault rifles.

With their newer markers I wouldn't rate them any more durable than similarly priced markers. For awhile they had Pro Carbines - an extremely well built marker well worth its price - going for the same price as 98 Customs. 98 Customs were so much more cheaply built, their clamshell bodies are a dead giveaway. They were selling a cheaper, inferior product at the same price and soaking up the profit.

Ouch. I always liked the clam shell for matience but that's a way of looking at it... I agree... somewhat i like the 98 and the a-5 but i think the x-7 took it to far. I think its cool and that it should be around but not the next step in tippmann evolution. However i remember the first time i saw the carbine. I was in my local pb store with my brother and i was like 10 and i saw it and was like whoah. That marker looks like a rifle.

#9 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

I think it would be sweet if tippmann released a bolt out the back marker. I love cleaning my timmy. Pull the bolt pin, slide it out. Unscrew the ram cap, slide out the ram, lube, and reassemble.

#10 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

I honestly don't know. To me it's like a cornerstone of the woodsball world. I had a 98C and the freakin thing just wouldn't screw up. It had mud, leaf debris, dirt and a few things in it I'm sure I wasn't aware of and the thing still fired. I had it set up like a nail-driver. I goggled one guy in one shot in my rookie days. Needless to say the barrel it came out of was not stock. It would hit anything you aimed at.

I sold it though. I sold it for what I'm getting next. Another Tippmann. :ghillie:

I still love my autococker. No way will I ever sell it unless I get another one that would be an upgrade.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#11 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

like every other major namebrand that dabbles in the begginer/inexperienced market. Be it Tippmann with paintball, Remington with rifles, or Madam Naughiea's maggot based footscrub being popular but not focusing on uberhigh end will forever make you the target of the 'it sucks' crowd.

frankly i think we would all live a better life if we didnt listen to ever person that thinks they have an overly large part of male antomy brag the rest of us 'averages' or 'unwilling to upgrade to the besters'.

does tippmann suck?
no

is tippmann the absolute best?
also no

is tippmann good enough for most of us?
i think so.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#12 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:34 PM

It comes down to everything has a purpose. Tippmanns are GREAT for woodsball. You can dive into a muddy hole without worrying "Is water going to get in and fry my board?" You can get up tight to a tree or hard bunker without worrying "Am I going to scratch my nice anno job?" You can run through thick brush without worrying "is a branch gonna crack my LCD?" They are meant to be played in the woods. They still will rip up to 11bps with a response trigger, and more with an e trigger. I only played with my A5 a few times, but didn't have any problems.

I've never heard of Tippmann using "less than quality" materials. It sounds like a myth that BT owners made up :ghillie: I've never held a BT, but it seems like a knockoff tippy to me, rather than the other way around. BT's are also more milsimmish than woodsballish.

#13 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:33 PM

Idk people always talk about how easy they are to clean and such....
c
The 98c is arguable one of the hardest most annoying guns to take apart on the market...the a5 has a quick strip but the pins are weak and you can even get all the internals out.

All of the other guns I own with exception of my phantom I can slide my bolt out or unscrew one thing and be able to pull it out...couldnt do this on tippmanns.

Peace,
Teddy K

#14 User is offline   ^!) 

• ...for tomorrow we die.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:56 AM

it's not that I hate tippmanns.... it's that I hate the people who use them.

I've rarely met a tippmann owner say "yeah, it works." when referring to their tippmann marker. it's always got to be "this gun is the best out there, and never fails, and is awesome, and is better than your _____."

I hate that.... and it happens just about every time I talk to somebody about their tippmann.

*I also hate that tippmann is going away from making a regular marker, and more toward mil-sim. The X7 is made for the sole purpose of making it look more like a real rifle. I really dislike mil-sim, because it's very hard for me to "pretend" like that, when I've actually done it for "real". It's no longer fun for me. It was fun when I was 13, and didn't know anything.... but not any more. Tippmann is going more and more toward a style of play that I really don't like.

Tippmanns are GREAT for rental guns, because they last quite a while with regular maintenance, and are easy for beginners to use. This weekend when my friends play, they will rent tippmanns, and we'll all have a great time with them. But I'm not going to start raving about how awesome the marker was....

meh.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

#15 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

I don't know if people hate Tippmanns, or that they just prefer something else, like chocolate ice cream versus vanilla. It's (98s or A5s) a good, reliable, solid marker for beginners and veterans alike, takes a beating, is easily maintained, not expensive, and has a wide variety of upgrades available. The Tippmanns aren't pretty, but perform well in the field, in a variety of environments and applications. Some people are just snobs, and presume that material items demonstrate their character or make a personal statement among their peers, and actually it does, just not the way they think. If you play speedball, or your style of play justifies a high performance marker, or maybe you just like the way they look, buy what floats your boat and doesn't put a hole in your budget.

My primary is still an upgraded 98C...and in my hands and used for my applications, it's just as effective as anything 10x as expensive. "Hate" is a word that gets thrown around a lot, but I find that most people that use that word often seem to have a very limited vocabulary anyway.

I prefer vanilla ice cream, but you won't see me refuse a chocolate cone! Never been a big fan of Spumoni, though!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users