• You cannot reply to this topic

Need more input Lost soul longing for pump? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Morden79

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:13 AM

Sorry if this is a little to specific for general, I just really want an open view so I can get many opinions on this.

So some of you probably saw my post asking about the T9 longbow. In that post I was informed that I would probably be much better off buying a pump. Naturally I looked toward one of the very reputable and highly enjoyed pump company known as CCI, the makers of the beautiful Phantom pumps. Now, I decided on a Phantom for one really big reason, their price. You almost can't get much better than this for the price. Were I to look anywhere else for this kind of quality I would probably have to make my own pump autococker or invest in a Carter, and while I like the idea of both they just really aren't that appealing to me (even though I do think pump ACs with the Hitman mod are sweet). Phantoms are know for very easy maintenance, high reliability, and wonderful durability. I have always liked the looks of Phantoms as well. I will probably be getting this base Phantom.

That being said, I started my research, looking at the base markers available and multiple upgrades for them, as well as possible modifications that can be made. Not a whole lot you can do to a Phantom to make it perform better, but I found a few upgrades that would help in a game and allow for more customization. Most of this stuff comes from Wevo, which I really hope is reputable, but thats why I am here isn't it?

First thing is first, an Undercocking system. I hate the way the stock cocking mechanism is placed, it prevents use of most good aftermarket barrels, including my person favorite (have one on my mag as well), the Deadlywind Fibur barrel. Full carbon fiber barrel bored for freak inserts. I already have a FULL set of stainless steel Freak inserts, so why not? The Wevo undercocking system specifically (as opposed to one made by Rainman and others) is relatively smaller, which is perfect for me. I have short stubby fingers on fat man hands, it just makes things awkward when I am trying to reach around I giant pump handle. The undercocker would provide a smaller cocker, allow me to get a finger or two in front of it for a more ergonomic pump pull (thus making the pump pull feel smoother through hand placement), and allow me to use a CF Fibur barrel. Anybody have any objections to that, such as problems with the Wevo kit?

Another upgrade I want is a Guaged Air adapter. On the back of my air adapter would be a guage that would start to drop when my 12gram or 3.5 oz started to lose pressure. This would let me know just when I need to pop in a new 12 gram or refill my air tank. I would have to say this is probably a pretty sturdy mod, can't see much going wrong with one, but has anyone else had any trouble in their experiences with one? Other than that, the only other upgrade I plan to get is a lighter pump spring. $2 on Wevo you can get a pump return spring that is half the weight of the stock on, allowing for an even smoother pull without all together removing the pump return spring (which I have read can be foolish, as if the pump isn't all the way forward it will not shoot).

After that it really just comes down to getting a stock for it (probably a Spec Ops T2W, I kinda like the longbow stock a lot), and that Deadlywind Fibur barrel to go with my full freak inserts. Any other suggestions for aftermarket products?

Speedball + Woodsball = True Paintball. Let us all support paintball unity!
Automaggot #5 All about Automags

#2 User is offline   i8pie2day 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

DUCK SLIDE DUCK SLIDE DUCK SLIDE!!!!! :)

ummm dropout/lever changer....

one piece metal feed...

vinicator grip frame (if you dont put a stock on it...)

tangodown, SAW, tactical, or falcon grip if you are getting a stock
[When I play I breathe like a 300 pound man who just ran after the ice cream truck ~CdnNinja

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

do you plan on running Vertical air or horizontal? or bottle? or hawian?

I think that you might like it better without a stock. thats the greatest part of the pump markers is the advantage of size. if you put a stock on the end then your basically the same lenth as most markers.

And I think you may be better off without the Gauged air adaptor. most people can figure out very quickly how many shots thier marker gets. especially with stock class then you will get into a groove with it. you will know when to change without even thinking

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 08 June 2009 - 01:02 PM

#4 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

We should talk.

Sending PM.

#5 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

I had planned to get a vertical asa with adapter as is in the picture I linked. - don't know about a dropout changer, I really like the option of running a 3.5 gram if I want to.

As far as those grips, they all appear to be replacement grips for the old phantom style grip option. While some of those look cool, I am very comfortable with 45 grips as my marker now is an Automag with 45s. The only grip that really set me off was that Tactical grip, it looked really cool for someone's idea of a "sniper" marker, but I wouldn't want to get the old grips just for that. I think ima slap black dye stickies on a 45 so it really feels just like my mag grip.

Idk about the guage, it seems like it would be nice to know when shots are going to drop early as well as when to change 12grams.

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:19 PM

WElcome to the world of pump. :rolleyes: Swing by the PDT (pump discussion thread) in my sig to chat up pump with us. Or hit up the pump section of the forum, under marker types. We all hang out tyhere too and are always willing to help you out. There is a Ultimate Pump Sticky, link in sig too, which should cover most of the questions you have about a phantom. :D
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#7 User is offline   Droop 

• Professional Noobsmith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Droopy Squirrel

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

i have recently become a HUGE proponent of the PMI trracer, its useful and cheap as a pump. i would give that a shot first.

My Feedback Member of Garage Inc. Official Pump User #100 Automaggot #91
My Trigger SC Feed comma club member #6

So because I play scenarios, I won't buy a high-end unless it has rails at useless angles, and has a machine-gun shroud bolted on it?-Maduce

#8 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:55 AM

View PostDroop, on Jun 9 2009, 11:11 AM, said:

i have recently become a HUGE proponent of the PMI trracer, its useful and cheap as a pump. i would give that a shot first.

While I will certainly take your word on it, I feel I would rather make a modest investment in something that isn't just any pump. I have plenty of thrown around markers sitting in my room (including my first marker, my A-5, and two crappy plastic pump guns), the last thing I need to do is buy a gun just to see if I like that style of gun and then have to sell it to get what I REALLY want, which as I have stated is a Phantom. I'm going to check up on that pump thread, thanks for setting me in the right direction Legato. See you all in the pump forums.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users