• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wife/GF of a paintballer Are there any around? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Wild Cat 

• Zombeh
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

Honestly, the cammo that I have are hand-me-downs from guys. They work fine. A little big, but fine none the less. I just make due with whatever I can get. I actually got most of my gear from Eth, my dad, and my team lol. Wish I was more help. Sorry. :ghillie:
There are two sides to a Trumpeterís personality;
There is one that lives only to lay waste to all other instruments, leaving them
lying blue and lifeless in the swath of destruction that is the Trumpetís fury...

Then there's... The dark side...
Studcookie #1 <3 Bootsies

#17 User is offline   theLizzard 

• I feel loved
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:theLizzard

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:33 AM

Actually, I was a paintballer before I started dating a paintballer. While a person of the male persuasion did get me into paintball, it was a friend/co-worker...

As for camo and gear, many women will find that regular surplus BDUs will fit fine if you can find the right sizes (at 5'6" I'm partial to the small regulars and medium regulars when I want a looser fit.) Some women (like PKJ) will not be so lucky. She creatively got someone to cut apart and sew back together various pieces of various sized pants to create a pair that work for her.

For masks I haven't had any problems with any paintball masks I've used. If anything, having a smaller head allows for more coverage.

The best advice I can give is to try before you buy anything. Find a local paintball store and have her try on some masks. If you don't have a local paintball store, invite paintballing friends over for food and drinks on the condition they bring their masks. Finding a surplus store that has a fitting room or will let her use their bathroom for trying on clothing is another good idea. In my experience, most surplus stores are very cool about that. Also, if ordering online, check the sizing information provided. If the merchant has a customer service number you may be able to get even more detailed information. Check the return policies of the merchants, also. If something should fit, but doesn't, the last thing you want is to be saddled with unusable goods. SpecOps, from what I've heard, is very good about assuring satisfaction with their clothing and vests.
Good luck, Goldy.
ZombieAtak rules.
Z?
"Sometime from now you'll bow to pressure, some things in life you cannot measure by degrees"
"The nerd is an empire..." -Legato

#18 User is offline   luckyxtreme 

• Bad Karma Dagger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:lucky [Bad Karma]

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for the info Liz, that will help. Don't worry Wild Cat anything helps :)

I am trying to get her on the forums so she can ask you guys questions herself, but since I do all my posting during work and she doesn't use a computer at hers, its a bit more difficult for her to find the time

#19 User is offline   Painkiller Jane 

• It's a Pirate's life for me!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Painkiller Jane

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

View PostLegato, on Apr 8 2008, 12:34 AM, said:

I'm with PKJ, but i haven't had the chance to trade paint with her yet. I intend to this year. I also wanna get her into pump. I just love that i know she plays. :( Best GF out there.

no worries hun, ill kick your butt this summer...

as for info... liz covered the important stuff... i figured id go into a bit more detail about what i did to my bdus to get them to fit right. since im so short i had to hunt around for pair of small short bdu's... i had a pair of old med longs from my friend army chris so i took off the waist (the top button and waist band) and then another button and strip around the waist.... i took the waist and top button from the mediums and put them on the now lowerd waist of the smalls so that they fit my hips better. im short and curvy (no not fat... i just have a very Latin body structure) the small waist fit me fine i guess... but i find it VERY annoying to have so much extra fabric in the crotch area, so i basicly removed it by lowering the waist but because i did that i had to up the band size to fit my hip area... they are now a little big but id rather have that room and wear a belt then have uncomfortable fabric that just chaffs my thighs.... most women of average size wont have this issue at all... but with smaller more curvy frames some alteration may have to be done.... but its really easy to do so long as you have the tools to do it.

pkj
PBP Pirate Ninja Alliance AGWS!
PKJ + Legato = WAFFLES!!!!!!

[I USE DIRTY WORDS TO BOOST MY SELF ESTEEM] according to Spec Ops Forum

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users