Special Ops Paintball: best milsim marker - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

best milsim marker Rate Topic: -----

Poll: best milsim marker (61 member(s) have cast votes)

of these, Which is best?

1. Smart Parts SP-8 (10 votes [16.39%])

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

2. Miltec WS-66 A2 or AIS (4 votes [6.56%])

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

3. Tacamo model 68 series (10 votes [16.39%])

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

4. Custom 98/ customized tippman (37 votes [60.66%])

Percentage of vote: 60.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Foxcat 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:55 AM

I am wanting to buy one of these for a woodsball gun. I do not care so much about the refire rate (semi auto is fine, I'm not gong to put in an egrip or any crap like that) I just want a gun that is heavy, accurate, powerful, and most of all durable in both the frame and internals.

Sp-8: sounds like a terriffic gun for what I want, but, I have heard it's electric and that worries me. I have a lot of experience with electric guns fatally not working and, even if you open them up the internals are complex and often electrical problems are unspottable, so I'm very wary of this weapon wlthough I've heard it's performance was great. No chops? is this for real?

Miltec WS-66 series: I'm mostly leaning towards getting this, I have read many good reviews for it only I have also heard that unless you do a lot of tweaking certain stock parts break (bolt and O-rings) and it needs quite a bit of care before it becomes the gun it's worshipped for. I don't mind some work, but I don't want to buy a brand new gun planning on immedately replaceing parts. I DID find the technical support forum for it which is comforting because there are people who know how to maintain it, but, it is not very popular and I'm wondering if tht is because it breaks down to easily. Although the frame is solid, if the internals really are that cheap it sounds no good. (also I've heard the solid stock blocks the velocity adjester and the adjustable stock is cheap-feeling.)

Tacamo 68: I've heard the stock parts are fantastic on this gun, and it really looks good for the price. All I've heard of it are good reviews, except a few seem to have gotten lemons (or were using bad paint) And I wonder if it is frequent for it to chop paint like this one guy on pbreview said. though, I've heard it's a great quick-fix if it does have problems.

Custom 98 (or tippman guns): It seems like everyone who's anyone has one of these shiznits. I personally think they look silly, I've heard they waste gas and wost of all, I've even heard the A-5's construction is plastic and plastic breaks. I know especially the custom 98 you can weight and add stocks and custom barrels (I'd probably go with tacamo's set personally). I am just worried that I might need to upgrade again soon after if the tippman snaps in half if I drop it on the barrel or if I find it simply lacks gas or chop reliability.

Also I've heard CO2 is hurtful to weapons when it's better to go buy a HPA tank. is this true? I never heard of that in airsoft or pellet guns. HPA seems expensive but if it will radically increase my performance I suppose I should upgrade that too.

I know it's a lot but I could *really* use the help.

#2 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:24 AM

I'd go with Tippmann because they're reliable, and you can make them look almost whatever you want them too, and they perform pretty good. and they will be fine on co2, unlike the SP-8, which is just an Ion in a fancy shell that costs more. and one more thing, please do not call paintball markers weapons.

#3 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

98c get a custom body from engler and your milsim to the top
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#4 User is offline   P V 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:51 AM

there's also the tiberius t-9

pro's
1. it's regular hopper or 8 shot magazine fed (or both at the same time, just turn the barrel)
2. you can run a remote line with co2 or hpa or use 12g co2 in the magazines
3. the built in internal regulator makes it very consistant and therefor very accurate
4. uses standard picatanny rails for universal mounting of accessories
5. mostly metal construction (grip is high impact plastic)
6. converts into pistol in less than 10 seconds
7. blow forward internals
8. built-in internal regulator

cons
1. only 1 aftermarket barrel. lapco bigshot 0.689 (stock barrel is 0.691)
2. price of spare mags (if that's your thing) $35usd or $60cdn

i love my tiberius t-9, i recommend (if you're interested) the T-9 pro with the remote line adapter, then buy a aftermarket reddot (anything above the pro, like the elite is not worth it, the extra accessories are not worth it and you probly wont use them/replace them)

pics of my T-9 are in my brigade page: http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade...w.asp?id=141313

www.tiberiusarms.com

This post has been edited by P V: 27 October 2007 - 04:00 PM

i have left these forums do to unequal moderation, please feel free to email/MSN me for all communication

#5 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:00 AM

SP-8 = An Ion in a plastic shell. Ions aren't especially great guns. Good for the price, but I see a lot of problems with them. The plastic shell can crack. A friend of mine had his feedneck snap off in a game. Electronics are fine, not as complicated or delicate as people make them out to be. But sometimes if you are having problems, it makes it difficult to trouble-shoot. And yes, your chops will be reduced to almost zero. They have "eyes" that sense when a ball is in the breach and it will not fire until there is one, effectively eliminating chops.

WS-66 = I haven't heard much about these. If you've read that they need tweaking right out of the box, I would be hesitant to get one. That's never a good sign.

Tacamo model 68 = I haven't heard much about these either. I saw one at the field recently and it seemed to be pretty good. It might be an option to consider. They definitely look pretty good.

98 Custom = They are good and reliable, but not ideally suited to milsim, if that's what you're shooting for.

CO2 can be harmful to sensitive electronic components in electronic guns. The Ion (SP8) requires compressed air for this reason. Also, if liquid CO2 gets in the gun, it can harm the seals, if they are not designed to handle the liquid (most seals in lower-end guns are capable of handling some liquid without issue). Air is better because it comes with a regulator on the tank which makes the pressure more consistent and it isn't affected by temperature. If you get a Palmers Stabilizer, you can regulate CO2 and get close to the consistency of HPA. You still have to deal with the temperature issue. For most people, they don't want to deal with setting CO2 up correctly, so HPA is probably better for them.

Another gun to consider, if you want the milsim look, is the Tippmann X-7. It is designed specifically to be milsim. It is more durable than the SP8 and built better than the other guns you listed. The SP8 will beat it in shear performance because the SP8 is an electro-pneumatic gun which is inherently better than a low-end blowback like the X-7. But the X-7 has the cyclone feed on it, which greatly reduces you chances of chopping. When I had an A-5 (which also has a cyclone feed), in the two years I had it I had ZERO chops.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 21 October 2007 - 10:01 AM

#6 User is offline   Foxcat 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

Thank you all so much for your input. The reason I didn't just go buy a MilTec WS-66 is just as you said, It got "this is a great gun!" reviews from people who spent the work and money to work on it. However I'm still new to paintball so honestly I'm not really sure how a lot of the markers (NOT weapons lol :D ) work yet.

It seems like everyone has an A-5 or custom 98. and while I admit they are fantastic guns, being from the airsoft fields and real ranges, as I enter paintball I would like to continue working with heavier, realistic markers. Speedball isn't my thing; I'm sure I'll end up using this to play speed now and again but I know most of what I'm going to want to do is not automatic work (sniping, covered flanking, etc. ) I'm sure you already guessed that.

I've also heard great things about the X-7, so I'll look into it. Tippman seems to be a very reliable company, and I know even companies like tacamo make special parts for the 98, so I'm sure there are X-7 custom parts areound. perhaps custom98 and A-5 parts will work on a X-7? the custom 98 is nice but I'm really looking for something a bit heavier.

sonds like the SP-8 is the best for what I want, but, sheesh, it's 400 just in it's base price, not to mention all the other crap I'll know I'll want to add onto it. I'm not looking to break the bank right now, but perhaps I can find a SMG set for sheaper than one with the extended barrel kit and such. I think a 330 base price is the most I'm willing to fork out at the moment.

Lastly in response to the T-9, that is a really beautiful marker. I'll look into that one. If I could get a pistol like that I don't think I'd need anything bigger, though, I fear it *might* use CO2 cartridges because it's a pistol, and honestly I'd rather pick up a gas system than keep having to reload a cartridge as well as a magazine, as enticing as having a working mag is. I wouldn't mind spending a lot for a magazine but, I need to be able to buy enough gear to get it stabily shooting first, and then wait for a month, because my student credit card's limit is only $500! (I have the money but, the card limits the purchases so I'd have to buy the gun one month, then the n2, then the cable and accessories....etc. If I spend all 500 at once how will I buy food? lol)

#7 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:53 PM

lol TIPPY FTW

#8 User is offline   Aegis 

• Pronounced EE-jis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aegis

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:48 PM

The T-9 is the later evolution of the T-8, which is a pistol, and nothing more. Essentially the same marker, the internal reg has been shifted around in the t-8 to deal with the necessary cosmetic changes to the body.

The T-9 can be used as a pistol, running on 12 grams and mags, or you can run it on remote air with a hopper and stock and all that jazz. Or you can run it as a rifle on a mag. Whatever you feel like, really.

I've had two T-8s (did the Two gun bit for awhile), and they were/are well made and shoot fine out of the box. Customer service is pretty solid, and since they're a newer marker, new things are popping up all the time.

As a side note, if you really, really want the weight of a real firearm in your paintball marker, and find that you need to be unique, as mentioned before Engler Customs is your best bet.

Best of Luck,
Aegis
"Why is Loud Stupidity so infectious?" Rana, Sa'Aquta Market Fool
Current Armory: {PPS Superstocker][Peacemaker PG][Kingman Hammer Plus][VSC Phantom][ULE Automag][Smartech Knock Off][PM1 d/f][BT TM7][UMS TRGC Tac 8][Tac 8]
Smart Parts, Doc Nickle and Tom Kaye - Nuff Said---MCB Feedback SpecOps Feedback

#9 User is offline   Ravenlord 

• I am heavy weapons guy!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RAVENLORD

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

Get the A-5, best bang for your buck. As soon as you buy it though buy a new barrel. Lapco would be best for the price.
I'm sure that you have found out that the tippmanns are not made out of plastic like you originally heard.
Funny Signatures Involve Effort, and I am lazy.
Automaggot #74
Team Vinidication

#10 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

If you are looking for a good MilSim, might check out the BT Delta. Looks a lot like an MP5. Runs a standard feeder, or upgradable to the RipClip. Plus some sites (activeshooterpaintball.com) have them on pre-order for $260.

Enjoy
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#11 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:28 AM

I'm dissapointed, brah. You forgot the X7.

#12 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:57 AM

Yeah and you forgot the king of the hill in Mil-Sim paintball...

www.GETREALPAINTBALL.COM

They make and sell the ATS line, the first and probably the best clip feed marker on the market. It's weight and feel match that of a true M-16 and M-4 has a 25+ round magizine plus an additional hopped mag that basicly turns it into a bucket feed. It operates bases very similar to that of a Semi-Auto Phantom and requires HPA. For the money, you're never going to find anything this close to the real deal.

#13 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:07 AM

You should check out RAP4.

#14 User is offline   overt 

• Old enough to know better, too young to care
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:overt

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:22 AM

um i'm gonna vote you get a tac-one automag and get the Engler Thompson kit. the marker looks rediculously cool with it moded this way.

Proud EPIC owner #1

#15 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:02 PM

Whats the Best Milsim Paintball Gun....I would say this one would blow all the others away.

http://www.reapercustompaintball.com/

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users