• You cannot reply to this topic

The Fall of CO2? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

my question is this.. isnt an hpa compressor insanely expensive? i remember seeing it somewhere a while back that one of the, if not THE, biggest hurdles with fields is getting an hpa compressor? i definitely agree that hpa is the wave of the future wether i like to admit it or not, lol, but its kinda hard to wrap the head around c02 dissapearing... after all, down here it's the same price as hpa, if not cheaper, every field has it, every scenario (except one or two) sells c02 fills, etc. i guess the change hasnt really hit florida yet, but like krazy8 said, high temps= c02 friendly. although, during the fall-winter months we do get cold, and that is actually our season... summer is usually the off season down here for most players. wierd huh? i play both summer and winter, cause the way i see it, 20 bucks in my tank is a one time fill.. not 10-15 every time i play. besides, when you're spending as much on paint as i am, you find ways to cut costs. ;) all be it at the price of a good workout.

as for the tank i wear, i actually started out with a 20 pounder, then moved to using (2) 60 cubic foot, 3,000 psi tanks fitted together with a scuba fill station valve hooked into a 68/4500, with a remote running to my twins. then i tried the hpa with one of those scuba tanks, and a reg from palmers straight to a remote line to the twins. trust me i have experimented around, and i have found that the big bad c02 tank is king. people ask me all the time if its a scuba tank, but i explain to them why its a c02 tank... volume, recharge rate, # of shots, crazy factor.

sometimes i get the feeling that c02 is a lost knowledge. like hpa is just being accepted by the younger players because its touted as having all the cool gauges, sizes, pressures and tanks, not to mention all the marketability that c02 tanks dont have (i.e. tank covers, gauges, regs, on/offs, drops, etc.) and the fact that since most new markers, especially the mid-high end, are being desinged strictly for hpa. plus lets not forget how in most circles the words c02, tippmann, milsim, woodsball, scenario, rec play, and noob are all rolled into the same meaning. sad it may be but its true.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#32 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

I use HPA and CO2 and find that HPA is generally more user friendly at big games with self-service air. The benefits of seeing how much you have left in the tank is nice too. That said, there is nothing nicer than putting my 12 oz CO2 tank on my Sniper II as opposed to the HPA tank! I say use both when you can.

Anyone who argues that C02 has a negative effect on the environment doesn't really know what they are talking about. It is captured from other processes so the net effect is zero with regards to emissions. Besides, I would bet that the manufacturing differences required from HPA tanks to C02 tanks make HPA more polluting to the environment. Think how much more power and materials are needed in to make HPA tanks as opposed to CO2 tanks.
AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users