Special Ops Paintball: An interesting coincidence I noticed - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

An interesting coincidence I noticed just ramblings of a madman I guess.... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:31 PM

...now before anyone gets their panties in a twist, this is a coincidental thing I noticed. It happens to be political, historical and religious in nature but the post is not intended to debate the three within their own confines, nor is it a "doomsday prophesy" (per se). It's more about a particular trend I noticed as foretold and the writings in history...as well as some scientific discovery of today.

We will not debate religious tenets, the existence or belief of any Deity outside the confines of what history has or will reveal to the point of ridiculousness.

The Mayan Calender appears to run out December 21, 2012. There is heavy debate as to whether it restarts itself or not.

Modern scientists have calculated that on that same date, there is a rare planetary alignment that only occurs once in about every 50,000 years. (Seen on the History Chanel, as well as links provided)...although NASA and other well-known (or more affluent?) scientists, debunk the alignment as "coincidence" and say nothing out of the ordinary will occur. Typical for those Governmental agencies not wanting to experience world panic...

http://www.earthport...r/alignment2012

Also see the "GreatDreams" link below.

Nostradamus, not really considered a Prophet by any Christian, predicted that we are currently on our last Pope. See his quatrains.

Either Nostradamus's' family member or a follower with intimate knowledge of his teachings, created a painting set in a book, describing this once-in-50,000 year alignment and is described here:

http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming to resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT.

Now, according to that article (and in fact, most others I've found), the author[s] simply state[s] that the calendar "resets" itself like a car's odometer - however, there is no proof to that claim, also denoted on the History Chanel.

Most, if not all, Christians have been raised using the Bible as their guide. In the Bible's Book of Revelation, it describes that the Anti-Christ is charismatic, of Mid-Eastern descent, comes to political power and becomes a worshiped world leader. The Rapture begins upon the Anti-Christ's rise to power, is loved and admired as a World leader for 3 1/2 years before the beginning of "The End." After 3 1/2 years, we will be required to bear the mark of the Beast (666) or suffer destruction. The Rapture is said to last 7 years, before the "end of the world."

8 Years of a dual-term President is slightly longer than the 7 years of the Rapture.

Obama was raised as a Muslim and supposedly converted to Christian.

Obama has recently denounced and resigned from his church - citing that it is just easier to do this than deal with everyone's questions about it.

If Obama becomes President, the Dec 21, 2012 point in history will happen to mark that 3 1/2 year of his Presidency.....and also the 3 1/2 year point of the Rapture...

Interesting coincidence don't you think?
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#2 User is offline   General Biggles 

• The Horde Consumes... And You're Next.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:General Biggles

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

I always passed off those "Obama is the anti-christ" e-mails as garbage...But this is interesting. Time to stock up on guns to fight off the Devils Horde.

This post has been edited by General Biggles: 02 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women.

#3 User is offline   Flakk 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Flakk

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

Interstang

#4 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LoD

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:38 PM

That's actually kinda freaky if you ask me.. Don't show that to my mom though... I'll never heard the end of it.

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#5 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

extraqordinary coincidences, but just that as of now, for we do not truly know when the end times comes, nor do we have definitive, authorative, verified proof of the Quatrains to have actually seen events, the biggest problem for the Nostradamus stuff is that whenever a great disaster or event happened, where were they to say this was gonna happen??
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#6 User is offline   General Biggles 

• PipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

View PostLoD, on Jun 2 2008, 03:38 PM, said:

That's actually kinda freaky if you ask me.. Don't show that to my mom though... I'll never heard the end of it.

Haha. Same with my Madre, she absolutely detests Obama with the passion of a Thousand Burning Suns as it is. No need to nuke her perceptions.
What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women.

#7 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

...now my head hurts...
My only question in regards to all this: How does Elvis fit into the picture? Its not a REAL apocolyptic conspiracy without the King...

---
I like the bit about the Mayan calender...and those people were so remarkably good at astronomy that Im not suprised at all to find out that some kind of astronomical event lined up with the end of their calender...that part is almost certainly not a coincidence.

This post has been edited by The Stuntman: 02 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

#8 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

thats crazy that so many things predict it to all end right then...

#9 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:53 PM

One, the Mayan calender does not predict the end of anything but the current Bak'tun. Which is followed, surprise surprise, the next Bak'tun.

Two, if said planetary aliment happens every 500,000 years, then it's happened before in human existence. Nothing bad happened. Whoop-de-doo.

Three, Nostradamus was an idiot.

Four, the big thing about the Rapture, if that's your thing, is that it'll be preceded by '7 years of Christian persecution'. If anything, the Christians are the ones persecuting everybody else, if there's anybody out there doing the persecuting. So that just bones the whole prediction right there.

#10 User is offline   General Biggles 

• PipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Jun 2 2008, 03:53 PM, said:

One, the Mayan calender does not predict the end of anything but the current Bak'tun. Which is followed, surprise surprise, the next Bak'tun.

Two, if said planetary aliment happens every 500,000 years, then it's happened before in human existence. Nothing bad happened. Whoop-de-doo.

Three, Nostradamus was an idiot.

Four, the big thing about the Rapture, if that's your thing, is that it'll be preceded by '7 years of Christian persecution'. If anything, the Christians are the ones persecuting everybody else, if there's anybody out there doing the persecuting. So that just bones the whole prediction right there.

Pfft...Okay. :panzer:

#11 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

10a. Religious/Spiritual discussions are not allowed anywhere on the forum, due to the inflammatory nature of the topic.

This topic combines the inflammatory properties of both religion and politics. It contains a number of inaccuracies, including the fact that Nostradamus is widely reviled because every single thing he's predicted was either blatantly wrong or could only be construed as correct if you heavily stretch the truth.

The Mayan calendar does not END in 2012. That's simply where they stopped calculating it to. Much like your computer's calendar only goes to 2099. I wouldn't expect 2099 to be some big doomsday, either.

Nothing odd ever happened with planetary alignment. It's happened multiple times in recorded history. It's nothing special.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users