• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"That Guy" There's always one. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Simmons 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Found this short article posted here to the paintball subreddit.

I'll admit to being "that guy" once or twice. Once shot a ~14 year old girl 3 or 4 times because I was indiscriminately blasting away. She was visibly pissed, so I let her shoot me 3 times in the chest from ~10 feet away.
Work hard. Play hard.

#2 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

the very first tourney that i was ever in i got overly excited and ran up the tapeline blaasting all the way trying to keep the oppositions head down, and when i got to the other end of the field, i rounded the corner ( still blasting away ) and there was this dude all curled up behind the last corner bunker and i just kept blastin. i must have bonus balled him 10 shots before i thought to stop. i felt awful, and have not done that since then... i gotta think it was just the adrenaline and the fact that nobody had shot me that whole tapeline run and i was feelin like a rock star.

i did apologize to that dude, but i think he wanted to kick my ass.

#3 User is offline   Wags94 

• Wags
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wags

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

I have a tendency to put two shots into all my targets, and its occasionally pissed some people off. Usually, if I find an unsuspecting player, I try to just get them with one shot, especially from behind. I think the worst I've ever done was shot a guy who tried to bunker me three times in the chest at close range. He was alright with it, after all, he was trying to bunker me, but I still felt bad and apologized afterwards.

I find that if it isn't total overkill, most people use that second or third extra shot as an excuse to blow off some anger for getting out.
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

#4 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hahaha, I had a good laugh with this article! :)

I used to be the "The Super Special Milsim Ranger Black Ops Sniper Guy", then I just kind of grew out of it...

I remember one time, I moved up behind some trees and I stopped, I thought I heard someone moving and I just stood still. They came walking through the brush and he stopped and we locked eyes for easily 5 - 10 seconds. I then proceeded to fall backwards while shooting in his general direction....
...I shot him like 10 times....

I felt so bad afterwards but we actually had a pretty good laugh about the whole thing!

Nice article, thanks for sharing :)
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#5 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

I've definitely had to light people up a few times...I don't know if it's really a "that guy" thing though, when I think of "That Guy" I think of the guy at the mosh pit that wears the t-shirt of the band playing, beats you up for accidently hitting his girlfriend who was standing on the edge of the moshpit, or decides he should start on one side of the pit and slam into the one place where people aren't actually paying attention to the pit behind them. So for me in paintball, it would be the guy that wipes, intentionally lights up a noob, or causes trouble off the field. The idea of teaching someone a lesson because they are being an ass isn't being "that guy".
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#6 User is offline   Lonewolf03 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

That's a good article! I don't usually overshoot, but I shot at a crouched down ref by accident. He popped up as my shots hit him. (I only saw the top of his mask.) I apologized later and he told me he's been purposefully shot before and it wasn't a big deal.
I love my Project Salvo.

#7 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Had to submit my grade request for my computer class today, which I dont know why anyone would argue for less than an A in the class, but when someone asked what i requested and I said an A the whole class seemed suprised. and, since its finals week, and normal colleges don't have classes during the week, teachers have nothing to say this week, but my college is retarted and makes us have class anyways, so asides from the 20 minutes I spent taking a final at 8 am, the rest of my classes each only lasted 3-10 minutes and were spread out from 8am to 1pm, I was less than happy with that, my english teacher which is a 2 o'clock class told me to just go home if I wanted since we were just studying for the test, and that if I wanted, I could just not take the test and still end up with a B+, definite A if I take the test.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users