Special Ops Paintball: Down to 2 markers: X7 Phenom or BT TM-15 - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Down to 2 markers: X7 Phenom or BT TM-15 need advices, thanks Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Ritsuka 

• One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:D-Becks

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

View Postaddbot, on Feb 10 2010, 11:09 AM, said:

View Postslinkyaroo, on Feb 9 2010, 03:18 PM, said:

If you plan on using CO2 then you have no choice but to buy the X7.

they say compressed air is more consistent, so ill go with that one, just need to spend a little more for the tanks compared to co2 tanks.

Compressed Air is more consistent by far than CO2, while HPA tanks are far more expensive than CO2 Tanks, they are well worth the money. CO2 is too much affected by weather, how the tank is positioned, and how fast you shoot. I would check ActionVillage out, I ordered a HPA thank from them for like $65 it is 72 ci @ 3000 PSI which will give you a good amount of shots before having to be refilled. Be warned though the tank I purchased was NOT a carbon fiber tank, so it was heavy and bulky as hell.

As for the TM-15 check out this very in depth review of the marker (it is like half an hour long)
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad like the most of us are, very hard to explain why your mad, even if your not mad."

#32 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

I get away with firing modes with my A-5 even though they say not to use them. I use the 5th mode on my e-grip. The refs can't tell.

#33 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

View PostTommy Towne, on Feb 20 2010, 07:21 PM, said:

I get away with firing modes with my A-5 even though they say not to use them. I use the 5th mode on my e-grip. The refs can't tell.

So you cheat. Remind me never to play with/against you.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#34 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

i save the different firing modes for outlaw..

we just make sure not everyone on the same team has selective firing modes.

as for the hpa tanks..

im going to discount paintball in a couple weeks, getting a 90ci 4500psi tank for $125

i held one of the tanks at the local shop a while ago and their light..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#35 User is offline   addbot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

leaning towards the phenom right now ...
from airsoft to paintball...

#36 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

I would go with the phenom as well. I like the customizability.

#37 User is offline   addbot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:05 AM

got my x7, just in time for a scenario game on March 21 in Twassen.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by addbot: 07 March 2010 - 03:07 AM

#38 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

I also went through the Phenom vs TM-15 debate and ultimately settled on the Phenom. My reasons may or may not matter to you so your analysis may differ. But anyway here were some of the deciding factors I went with.

1) I had to sell existing equipment to pay for the gun because we're expecting a baby and the wife says no new $$$ for the gun because of the baby. This made money a large but not overwhelming factor in the decision. A base price of $400 vs $460.

2) I liked playing with my Tac-Capped A5 and wanted to do the same thing with my new gun from time to time. To do it with the Phenom required no modification. To do it with the TM-15 I would have needed to invest in a RipClip and microphone mod, which would have cost more money again (another $80+ to that 460).

3) I like quiet guns and the TM-15 definately has that going for it. But I already have a fairly quiet Automag with a JJ Ceramic to fill that role. It was a nice to have but not a need to have option.

4) I liked the hybrid electro-mechanical concept of the Phenom despite the understanding that most electros have plenty of battery life to them. If the battery, board, or solonoid goes down I'm still in the game. I read up on many users of the TM-7 and TM-15 having solonoid stick issues (correctable with proper lube levels and not the junk from the factory). It was something I didn't want to deal with.

5) Things both guns had going for them was being more air efficient than what I already had (automag & A-5), and both had the milsim look. The TM-15 had the M-4 or HK-416 look down pretty well out of the box, but I was looking for something a little more SMG style, hence the Phenom. If I ever get bored of the look (and the wife lets me spend the money), I can customize the look on the Phenom more easily than the TM-15.

Now I have a phenom. I have only done some backyard testing and here's my impressions.
1) The gun is heavier than I thought it would be. If you want pure electro performance in a light and tight package, this isn't it. This gun has the RoF but it's on the hefty side.

2) The semi auto felt pretty fast, even being mechanical. I'll probably spend most of my time in this mode.

3) I've shot electros before but never owned one till now but wow, being on the sending end of 13bps is kinda sick! I don't see how 20 or more would be necessary. It was plenty fast for me, I may even turn it down to 10 or 11 to save on paint and be fair to the players who don't have fast shooters.

4) It's louder than I thought it would be but not nearly the bark of an A-5.

5) I was shooting 2 year old paint with horrendous dimples and didn't have a single cyclone, breach, or barrel break! I couldn't test for accuracy for how bad the paint was but even corkscrewing and curving, I was impressed.

Overall, it's a hefty but fast shooting marker that can dress up in a number of milsim configurations while only sipping instead of guzzling the air. Even in it's stock configuration it shoots well. I'll maybe post up a more in depth review after it's had game time.

As to the choice between the Phenom and TM-15, both are great performers but for different reasons. I like what I got. I'm sure I'd be satisified with the TM-15 too, and if money were no option, I'd have both.

#39 User is offline   addbot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

can anyone suggest a good aftermarket barrel for the phenom?
thanks

#40 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

J&J makes decent, low cost barrels.

#41 User is offline   bigsal39 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:49 AM

no effence dude but it might be nice to have that much money just to start. I have to dig up money from everywhere just to get all my gear. Your getting an expensive gun and compressed air tank, i am getting a 98c, and discount co2 tank from a friend. Whatever floats your boat i guess. Just have fun, like i am going to.

#42 User is offline   addbot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:41 AM

View Postbigsal39, on Apr 1 2010, 07:49 AM, said:

no effence dude but it might be nice to have that much money just to start. I have to dig up money from everywhere just to get all my gear. Your getting an expensive gun and compressed air tank, i am getting a 98c, and discount co2 tank from a friend. Whatever floats your boat i guess. Just have fun, like i am going to.

don't forget a good mask :tup:

#43 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:11 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Feb 20 2010, 06:33 PM, said:

View PostTommy Towne, on Feb 20 2010, 07:21 PM, said:

So you cheat. Remind me never to play with/against you.

Or we play him, and feel even better about beating him :3
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#44 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

View Postaddbot, on Mar 13 2010, 11:21 PM, said:

can anyone suggest a good aftermarket barrel for the phenom?
thanks

Believe it or not, the phenom barrel is quite good. Shoots straight, shoots through breaks well. Not too long and not too short. Unless you're looking for a specific milsim look or something, don't discount the barrel the Phenom came with. It's way better than the stock A5/X7 barrels ever were.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users