• You cannot reply to this topic

SMG 68 :O Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shortjak 

• Yes I Live In Freakin Cananada!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shortjak

Post icon  Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:52 AM

i am looking for an smg 68 <the semi auto one> preferably with the syphon tank. I am just wondering about this gun as in if its worth it or not. now i no its outdated but ill be using it as a backup. i would like some feedback from the guys who wouldve played with 1 when it was new. As well as anyone selling. thankyou
-Shorty
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:39 AM

Good luck with that. Most people modified them to go full auto by swapping the SMG60 trigger and sear into it. I also seem to recall that they were designed to run on liquid CO2....
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Shortjak 

• Yes I Live In Freakin Cananada!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shortjak

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:25 AM

i wouild prefere to have a full auto version and i know they run on liquid co2 thats y i need the syphined bottle thing:P :rolleyes:
-Shorty
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.

#4 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:19 AM

Sorry... After seeing so many posts about using a "siphon tank on this marker" you automatically add Anti to it. It's hard not to.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#5 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:32 AM

Don't worry about whether or not it comes with a tank. Any CO2 tank can be turned into a siphon tank. All it takes is about 5 minutes of work by an airsmith. Many paintball stores can perform the modification, and it's quite cheap. If there are none around you, try ordering a tank by phone from Arizona Paintball Depot (www.arizonapaintballdepot.com). Explain what you need, and they'll fix you up.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#6 User is offline   SamAdams 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:52 AM

The marker itself is an awesome marker, well back in the 80s it is. Cost wise you're looking to drop at least $300 for one in decent shape. The stripper clips are great, but on full auto you're out of ammo in roughly 8 seconds, leaving you to fire blanks.

Reloading is pretty good and easy, the catch basket gets caught on alot of branches and tends to fall off every now and then.

Enjoy your hunt.

#7 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:16 PM

I personally would look into the 68 Special. Its basically the same with a direct feed. Much nicer to not have to deal with the stripper clips.

While I wouldn't consider it a super reliable marker because of the scarcity of parts to be found these days, their a blast to shoot. Its a massive machine that spews out clouds of liquid Co2, and oil alike. Its made with crude (although very durable) parts that produce a sizable kick for a paintball marker. Not to mention the tremendous BANG it makes while firing its unported barrel.

They're more of a collector's item these days but that doesn't mean you should let it collect dust. If you can find one that works, buy all means use it. But like you said, use it as a secondary marker.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#8 User is offline   Feathers 

• GM1 (SW)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Feathers

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:59 PM

Seems to me if you want something that is more of a 'magazine fed' option, going Q-loader would be more beneficial. Firstly, each Q-pod holds about 5 times the ammo of the stripper clip, and secondly the Q-loader can be rigged onto most any marker...meaning that you don't have to go looking through the 'rare and the beautiful' and could E-bay a M98C+ for the cheep, and be rock steady with your backup. I do hope you find what you are looking for, though,

-Feathers
'To be prepared for the eventuality of war, is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.' - Gen. George W. Washington, 1st President of the United States.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users