This post has been edited by scanlon92: 10 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

#32 User is offline   mariol 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

View Postscanlon92, on Mar 10 2008, 12:08 PM, said:

I was on the aliens.

Ok.. I was there as a role player with the German Astronomers. I will attempt to address your questions as best I can.

1)Our team was Outnumbered( i think it was like 30 againts 100 at one point)
Was this due to the 2 teams on 1? If you look at it from the game standpoint, my answer to #2 covers it.

2)The 2 teams against us teamed up
It was in the best interest of the Allies and Germans to cream the aliens. Then again, it would have been in the best interest of the aliens to join with the allies to prevent the Germans from getting their required game points.

3)Intro to the game took way too long
This was the producers (JPazz) 1st game and he was trying to cover all the bases.

4)Air was Far away
Ok, I give you that

Hope this helped!
Team Hell Katz
Visit Our Website

#33 User is offline   bravo4579 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

View Postdruid, on Mar 8 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

bravo...all of them. At least 500 of the 700 acres are used for the event.

yeah but does everyone take advantage of the whole 500 acres or is it like 1000 in like one.

#34 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

View Postbravo4579, on Mar 10 2008, 11:46 PM, said:

View Postdruid, on Mar 8 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

bravo...all of them. At least 500 of the 700 acres are used for the event.

yeah but does everyone take advantage of the whole 500 acres or is it like 1000 in like one.

They do a pretty good job at spreading everything out. For instance: ION 07. The GWM got Intel that the 101st Airborne was "dropping" behind ElBeuf. We (my team) only had XX amount of time to get there...and stave their insertion (which we did)...while the Beach was just a mess (as always) and insertions at other locations for role-playing/points award were going on at the same time.

Stalingrad/Berlin is about the same...just on a smaller scale. More like "attack/defend" at points but it really depends on where you are...

This post has been edited by druid: 10 March 2008 - 10:07 PM

Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#35 User is offline   SnowmanJon 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SnowmanJon

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:40 AM

I'll be going to ION this year...hopefully the reballs will not be there...

#36 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

When you get back from it, please post your findings...good and bad...and please, in an intelligent manner. I'm not saying this to be a IGNORAMUS, there's a reason I'm asking you to....

Too many times we see the mentality of Nation seep into informative postings. Saying something like; "do0d! EyE h4d 4 Ph934K1ng 6L4$t!!oneone111" helps no one that knows nothing of what goes on. Try and create a posting like you're a reporter, trying to win an Emmy for it.

List all the good points that you saw with as much detail as possible. Point out things like refs were all over the field and doing their jobs, etc. Do the same with the bad points...like refs nowhere to be found, reball-type incidents, etc. Get names if you can, note times and locations...and especially of referees. Take pics and name/remember where they were taken. These are all the things that tell people what's truly going on at the field...regardless of whether or not you had a good time.

There are a lot of us who won't be back until Paul's (field owner) shown resolve in his commitment to player safety. Only time and informative postings will accomplish that.

Thanks.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#37 User is offline   OutRunner1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

What is this Reball incident I keep hearing about? Were people using Reballs instead of regular paint? How widespread was this? By the way, I'd prefer to hear from players rather than field employees. I have been away from Skirmish for a few years now for my own reasons. Sorry if this is off topic, I am responding to druid's last post.

#38 User is offline   DeltaX 

• ION Spec Ops Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DeltaX

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

View PostOutRunner1, on Mar 12 2008, 03:07 PM, said:

What is this Reball incident I keep hearing about? Were people using Reballs instead of regular paint? How widespread was this? By the way, I'd prefer to hear from players rather than field employees. I have been away from Skirmish for a few years now for my own reasons. Sorry if this is off topic, I am responding to druid's last post.

Dude, just let me tell you from experience from last year. There was cheating left and right(had to shoot somebody 30 times before he called himself out, with lot more people ect.), the refs didnt do anything(besides site on there rear), rumors about people shooting marbles(3 ambulances left during mid day) another rumor of people putting pepper spray on their paint. And alot more from people. But these were my problems. But besides all this, it was okay. Hopefully, this year is better when I go.

#39 User is offline   SSBlackAngel 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

Now people where shooting pepper spray balls? HAR DE HAR HAR!. frozen balls in summer ,pepperspray balls. this game has more rumors then a gossip magazine. i heard the loch ness monster was spotted in the stream.!
SS Brigadefuhrer A.Deckmann
The Black Korps 1.SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte
Proudly Sponsored by Angel Sports
MVT Skirmish Stalingrad 07,MVP Strategy Plus Russian Front 08
Join us! We are looking for some hardcore Scenario players
1.SS Pz Div forums

#40 User is offline   bravo4579 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

Ok Iam doubting the the whole marbles and pepper balls and reballs thing highly if some one can find a link any were besides a forum post i will believe you. But so far the only injury i heard of from I.O.N 2008 was a guy took a bad landing over a branch and the refs ceased fire and relocated everyone.

#41 User is offline   mariol 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

View Postbravo4579, on Mar 13 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

Ok Iam doubting the the whole marbles and pepper balls and reballs thing highly if some one can find a link any were besides a forum post i will believe you. But so far the only injury i heard of from I.O.N 2008 was a guy took a bad landing over a branch and the refs ceased fire and relocated everyone.

regretfully, the reball incident was true.
Team Hell Katz
Visit Our Website

#42 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

View Postbravo4579, on Mar 13 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

Mariol said it and he is the most available (and reliable) authority (RE: Skirmish) that we have.

Besides...we were there and it seems as if you weren't. It really doesn't matter if you believe us or not but it's an easy thing to research. Type "ION" or "Normandy" or "Skirmish" into the search field and rifle through the posts.

And then decide for yourself...

And as far as other BS going on - the kid that fell is true except that the refs COULDN'T get the players to stop firing on the kid (or them), the tank incident on the beach, the super-hot markers.....

...do the same search in "YouTube" and see what you come up with.
I got my OWN smiley...

#43 User is offline   paintballer013 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintballer013

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

View PostCERTIFIED PAINTBALLER, on Mar 1 2008, 11:55 AM, said:

Well, I was on the Skirmish site, and I checked out their calender. It looks like it's gonna be a fun year :).
There is a lot more stuff going on than last year.

http://skirmish.com/calendar.html

Its not going to be that fun of a year if you dont go lol :P
I.O.N. '07 Team Spec. Ops
SWOR..... I mean UTAH!!!!

Feedback

#44 User is offline   OutRunner1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:18 AM

So, why couldn't the refs stop players from shooting? Don't get me wrong, I've reffed, I understand that people get crazy, groups of players become unruly mobs of idiots shooting for the sake of shooting. But weren't there any shields? Whistles? Radios? I mean, wasn't the safety of the refs taken into consideration by Skirmish?

#45 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

View PostOutRunner1, on Mar 17 2008, 10:18 AM, said:

So, why couldn't the refs stop players from shooting? Don't get me wrong, I've reffed, I understand that people get crazy, groups of players become unruly mobs of idiots shooting for the sake of shooting. But weren't there any shields? Whistles? Radios? I mean, wasn't the safety of the refs taken into consideration by Skirmish?

They didn't have any shields, and even if they did have a whistle, that wouldn't of done anything. I'm not sure if they had radios.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users