• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann A5 pins WoW Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nick63 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:delta_forceopp@hotmail.com

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

I have had my Tippmann A5 for about 1-2 years now and I also got e-grip with WAS and a specialops a5A2 stock. The stock is so rock Solid that when I was shooting 15bps it cracked my pins that hold the stock on!! I gess the pins couldent take the preasure and the spring in the back... specialops makes there products so well that tippmann needs to start makeing some durable products like the SpecialOps A5-A2 Stock!
!!Take An Look For your self!!
)Below(

The Stock
Posted Image

The Pin =(
Posted Image

The Pin 2(Wow)
Posted Image

:"()()()(I Am Sorry For The "BAD" Pics But I Was In A Hurry, I Can Take Very Good Pics Next Time()()()":

Thanks,
Nick

:D

#2 User is offline   Commando7 

• Commando 1 Paintball
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

Yea, that's a common problem if you have a stock on your Tippmann. Just order some more or grab some pins of the same diameter from the hardware store. I use some metal ones with pins on the end so they won't come out and they don't break.
Pump User #90
Automaggot #121
Commando 1 Paintball Team
"If there was a fire in your house and the first thing you would grab would
be your paintball gear, put this in your sig."

#3 User is offline   Nick63 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:07 PM

View Post$ARGE, on Apr 7 2007, 08:05 PM, said:

Yea, that's a common problem if you have a stock on your Tippmann. Just order some more or grab some pins of the same diameter from the hardware store. I use some metal ones with pins on the end so they won't come out and they don't break.

yeah thanks that should help

#4 User is offline   Big Dave 

• Heretic
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Big Hungry

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:12 PM

If you are using Co2 that might also be a contributing factor. When the aluminum (I think thats what they are made out of) gets cold it gets brittle and breaks easily.
"I would rather lose every game honorably than win knowing I am a cheater."
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
"Sports do not build character. They reveal it."
"Determination, perseverance, resolution... Resurrection"

#5 User is offline   Nick63 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:24 PM

View PostBig Dave, on Apr 7 2007, 08:12 PM, said:

If you are using Co2 that might also be a contributing factor. When the aluminum (I think thats what they are made out of) gets cold it gets brittle and breaks easily.

Yeah I think your right becuse I was useing alot of co2 last time and its made of alum. Its also flaking off like a cheap metal!

#6 User is offline   Commando7 

• Commando 1 Paintball
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:29 PM

View PostNick63, on Apr 7 2007, 11:24 PM, said:

Yeah I think your right becuse I was useing alot of co2 last time and its made of alum. Its also flaking off like a cheap metal!

Yeah, well the stock push pins aren't very stong- they're hollow and if you have a stock they're gonna break so like I said just get something from your local hardware store.
Pump User #90
Automaggot #121
Commando 1 Paintball Team
"If there was a fire in your house and the first thing you would grab would
be your paintball gear, put this in your sig."

#7 User is offline   Nick63 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

View Post$ARGE, on Apr 7 2007, 08:29 PM, said:

View PostNick63, on Apr 7 2007, 11:24 PM, said:

Yeah, well the stock push pins aren't very stong- they're hollow and if you have a stock they're gonna break so like I said just get something from your local hardware store.

ok ill go on monday there not open on easter =(

Thanks

#8 User is offline   ncbbh88 

• Brigadier General SOL East Coast Division
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Brokenarrow

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

Tippmann, as they have become larger and larger, has sacrificed in the pin area. My A-5 was an original run pre ordered model. the pins on it are machined Aluminum turned from a solid bar on a lathe (or so it appears) the newer pins, for example on the newer A-5's and X-7's are cast aluminum blanks machined down to spec.

Now, the casting process uses the same potmetal that all tippmann's are cast from and although they are durable the metal is not 100% aluminum and unfortunatley small bubbles and grains of different material will create cracks over time and eventually microscopic cracks and fissures combine and then cause the entire pin to split.

i would also suggest going to the hardware store to purchase some stronger pins OR have some made from a stronger material I would suggest a good chunk of Stainless steel which is sometimes a pain in the butt to machine BUT it will last forever

NC

#9 User is offline   Brainiac27 

• In Russia, Cake mixes you
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Brainiac27

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:25 PM

I have also had this happen to me. I just got some bolts and locking nuts that fit and have had no problems with it. I am also very unhappy that the pins are just hollow and can crack with just months of play with a stock. In short, my review is that they suck.

This post has been edited by Brainiac27: 24 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

Sniper #42

#10 User is offline   ncbbh88 

• Brigadier General SOL East Coast Division
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Brokenarrow

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:33 PM

just as a general heads up for all A-5 owners...

by the end of this summer I hope to be in posession of a mini lathe OR have access to a machine shop. my first order of bussiness is to crank out a few dozen A-5 Pins out of stainless steel OR plain barstock (brass may look cool too) if anyone wants in on them just stay in touch with me and i will be glad to make you a few.

NC

#11 User is offline   -Hoot- 

• Paintball, its not a game, but a way of life....
  • PipPip

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:57 AM

View PostBig Dave, on Apr 7 2007, 11:12 PM, said:

thats most likly the cause the CO2 can be ruff on parts I went and got some made from steel/titanium and they work good
My want list How to Ghille your mask,By Curly fryOfficial Commander #62, Official Broadsword #46

#12 User is offline   Punchy91 

• Hawaiian Punch
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Group

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:13 PM

i already went through 3 sets of push pins cause of my stock but no complaints on my end....just gotta find some suitable subs that are stronger and will last a long time
How many times do I have to shoot you before you call yourself out???????!!!!!!!!

#13 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:11 AM

Tippmann gave me 3 free pins. Also, there are some metal ones on ebay, but they are expensive.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

My advice for push pins?

The front push pins on the foregrip for an MP5 are the exact same size and fit perfectly. When I say MP5, I don't mean an airsoft version, I mean the real steel 9mm version. I picked up a set of 6 for $8 shipped. I have yet to have a single issue with them. They are 100% steel and very very solid. If I ever break one of those push pins I'm in trouble!
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

#15 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:21 PM

thanks for telling me about this problem. just got my A-5 going to get a few exra pins then

thanks for telling me about this problem. just got my A-5 going to get a few exra pins then

Tippman owners group #35

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users