• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quiet+Low Profile Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   912sweet_cheeks 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

After my last game, I decided the qualities of a marker that would best suit my specific play style. Those would be a marker that is QUIET and has a LOW PROFILE (just something small). Can someone drop some marker names I should look up? I've looked at everything from a Phantom to an ion to a Tac-One, so I'll look into any marker.

I do realize that the barrel mostly makes up the sound signature, so of course I'll be buying one (probably the Palmer's brass). And no matter what the gun I'll be making a project to design my own magazine system and stock specifically for that marker.

So what I'm looking for is a marker with a good, small base sound signature and low-profile.

Please and thank you =P

tl;dr:
want low-profile and quiet marker, price is no option

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

[insert generic pump fanatic comment here]
I'd say go for a pump. Most are relatively quiet. yeah they have a pop sound when they fire, but you are only shooting once. Hard to ascertain direction of fire off one single shot. Look into Stock Class pumps, that use horizontal 10-15 round feedtubes. These will give you the clearest line of sight of any marker out there. I love my SC pumps...it's all i use anymore. Can't think of the last time i actually used a hopper on my markers. Just a SC feedtube and a ghost ring for a sight and i am good to go.

As to what types, this varies as there are two main breeds of pumps, and hundreds of variteis of each of those breeds. Phantoms, Grey Ghosts, Carter Machine markers, Tracers, Tippmann SL68's and over 180 others are of the Nelson breed. Single tube, inline body, pump goes around the barrel. They are highly effecient and very light generally (i stress generally, i have Carters that weigh as much as a stock tippmann 98). Many love them and their ease of use and cleaning. Phantoms are as light as they come, i swear i thought mine would blow away in a breeze.

Sheridan breed is stacked tube, (like a spyder, cocker, timmy). There are two flavors here. Brass Sheridan flavor...heavy, old school, built like tanks (can keep up wiht new markers fine with just a few tweeks). And then the Sniper flavor ( an autococker without pneumatics, what they originally were before becoming semi auto). These are aluminum and weigh much less and are much easier to get parts for and customize to your content.

If you want more info, jump over to the pump section or check out the Pump Links in my sig. hit me up if you need to know anything else.

Warning for you, pump play is by no means easy...it is by no means simple...you WILL lose the first few days/months/years you play until you totally relearn how to play the game. Once you hit that plateau, things will fall into place. How long that takes depends on you.

[/generic pump comment]

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:19 AM

I have two great Phantoms for sale, and one has a 14'' dual-vented Palmer's Brass. If you like low profile, but can't do stock class, you can throw a smaller 50 round hopper on it and it still has plenty of ammo. I also have a stock class one with a T2W stock that I love to play stock class with. They are both very quiet, but the Palmer's is a good deal quieter.

#4 User is offline   912sweet_cheeks 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

I think that I am going to wait for the T9.1 to come out. I think I've fallen in love haha I like that it can go from pistol to rifle styles and then from magazine to hopper and direct air sources. I'd get a 16" Lapco barrel, and since I believe 7" goes inside the gun plus the magazine, that'd be as low profile as I can get. I watched some YouTube videos and it was quiet enough for me. I'm just going to give the FS rounds a try, if I don't like them or find them to expensive for the benefits then I can just go with normal paint.

#5 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

View Post912sweet_cheeks, on Apr 11 2010, 01:34 PM, said:

I think that I am going to wait for the T9.1 to come out. I think I've fallen in love haha I like that it can go from pistol to rifle styles and then from magazine to hopper and direct air sources. I'd get a 16" Lapco barrel, and since I believe 7" goes inside the gun plus the magazine, that'd be as low profile as I can get. I watched some YouTube videos and it was quiet enough for me. I'm just going to give the FS rounds a try, if I don't like them or find them to expensive for the benefits then I can just go with normal paint.

welll theeennnnn ........ let me suggest a t9.1 .. or not ... a cocker, semi auto or pump is the quietest ... make sure you go with n2 hpa ... also quieter

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users