• This topic is locked

i got frauded..... yes i know frauded is not a word

#1 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• Team: Shadow Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:M00K

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

ok, so i had my rims up on craigs list and a guy emailed me about buying them. we made the deal and i got a check in the mail for $2560. Now i only sold the rims for $450 and thought it was weird the extra money. so i asked him and he told me that i need to send it to the shippers as he is on a business trip and couldnt do so. So i wait for the check to clear in my bank account, 48 hrs and it was fully released. So the guy said i could have an extra $50 for helping out and $60 for packaging. So that left me with $2000. The wire transfer to his so called shipper was $160 and that left $1840 going to the supposed shipper. So after i had the money sent and gave him the number, i never heard back as i still had to box the rims. Well, i wake up this morning to see that the check bounced and they drained my checking account and my savings account and i still owe the banks $2+++. The bank wont help me or do any thing for me and they still expect me to pay them that money. I tried to call western union and the money was already picked up. So i filed a report with them, the police department, UPS, and others. I also called the people thats name was on the check and where the envelope was addressed from(2 different places both in NY) and both said it was fraud. One lady said her UPS account was jacked and many others were sent out. These people are getting to damn good at stealing like this.... i checked the check for markings for security and it had the little florescent hairs in it and looked legit..... now i am stuck in a whole and have no cash and no job to earn cash.... WHY CANT SOME PEOPLE JUST MAKE A LIVING THE HONEST WAY.....

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

So sorry to hear this but over payment and Western Union always means fraud. A lecture is not what you seek now but I do feel bad. Sharing this may help the next guy.

#3 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Here is how you tell a scam, they won't come get it with cash.

Its a scam especially if they offer to send more money than your asking.

The only way I would even consider them sending me the money is though a Money Order from the Post Office and even then I would sit on it for a few weeks.

Edit:

On a side note, a little more than a month ago my truck was broken into and I had my laptop bag will all my electronics stolen, about $2,000 worth of stuff and I used it mostly for work.

Its unfortunate that these things happen, yours you had more control by just being able to say no (if it sounds to good to be true), mine I did not have a choice.

I'm still working on the report of what all I had in the bag and the insurance Company wants proof of all the items like recipes (that I don't have or they were gifts). Even with the $1000 deductible, I'll still probably get screwed and have to buy it all back myself.

This post has been edited by Orpackrat: 30 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

#4 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:34 PM

Man I hate that. Even though its not me I still hate that. My dad has insurance and his $$$$$$ camera got stolen. He had never made a claim before and this was his first. They shot up his rates. I feel the modern system is failing slowly. Too many laws that overlap. Plus anyone who can steal for a living doesn't deserve to be called a man in my book.

#5 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

Thumbs up to that. I guess I'm just to honest of a person to think some one would do that.... guess I was wrong.

#6 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

View Postninja monkey, on 30 November 2010 - 08:11 PM, said:

Thumbs up to that. I guess I'm just to honest of a person to think some one would do that.... guess I was wrong.

Well, I fell for the if its sounds to good to be true bit just the other day. Bought a few things on eBay, figured it probably was a scam but for the price, it was worth a shot, after all, legit things have gone for incredible prices (hard to find, for me at least). In the end, I paid $24, not too much, for what would have been 4 Head-Rests with built in 7" LCD TV's. I wanted them to pop the TV's out for a project, even though my conscious was saying scam on eBay, I bought them anyways, sure enough, listings removed, seller no longer registered, too my money and about 40 other people money and disappeared. Nice thing about it, in a couple of weeks, due to eBay and Paypal protection, I'll get my money refunded. It still reinforces the "if its too good to be true" saying.

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

This is why, even in the modern age, I deal face to face. I know, not what you need to hear, but it's a lesson.
And of course, the big company's aren't going to help you out. They're just after the almighty dollar.

I'd love to roll up there if you find the guy and play 'How far can I knock your teeth out of your mouth'. Good luck man, I know you're going to need it.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

View PostPirate, on 02 December 2010 - 10:30 PM, said:

This is why, even in the modern age, I deal face to face. I know, not what you need to hear, but it's a lesson.
And of course, the big company's aren't going to help you out. They're just after the almighty dollar.

I'd love to roll up there if you find the guy and play 'How far can I knock your teeth out of your mouth'. Good luck man, I know you're going to need it.

Yes yes, face to face transactions with a six shooter at my side, no other way to do business. ( the gun is for snakes, most of my transactions take place in desert areas, like Texas, I wounder why though).

#9 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

yeah, and i would like to find that sorry excuse of life also, he'd get much more than a piece of my mind.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users