Special Ops Paintball: Cheap & Simple LAW - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cheap & Simple LAW I need some help Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:31 PM

I need to build a LAW. I have less than a month and limited $. I already have this link but it is a bit to complex for what i need.

If you have any plans for a cheap/ easy to build LAW, PLEASE GIVE THEM TO ME

#2 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:33 PM

Just make sure the pvc, pipe is strong enough.

Find someone who has made LAWS before not someone who thought up plans in there head.

Scavies is pretty good at things like this I would suggest pming him if he doesnt find this thread.

Peace,
Teddy K

#3 Guest_TippySnipa_*

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:37 PM

View PostTeddy K, on Dec 17 2007, 03:33 PM, said:

Just make sure the pvc, pipe is strong enough.

Find someone who has made LAWS before not someone who thought up plans in there head.

Scavies is pretty good at things like this I would suggest pming him if he doesnt find this thread.

Peace,
Teddy K

Ok ill send him a message.

Thanks Teddy!

#4 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:30 PM

I am flattered that someone actually knows mah name! I'll get right to it!
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#5 User is offline   paintballfrk 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:47 PM

I found these plans for an electro pneumatic potato cannon (air powered) that are cheap and easy to build. I think you could fire a nerf rocket or something else out of it.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Easy-Pneum...;/?comments=all

This post has been edited by paintballfrk: 18 December 2007 - 08:47 PM

#6 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:17 PM

View Postpaintballfrk, on Dec 18 2007, 07:47 PM, said:

I found these plans for an electro pneumatic potato cannon (air powered) that are cheap and easy to build. I think you could fire a nerf rocket or something else out of it.

The video left out the part where you need to use Pressure Rated PVC.

#7 Guest_TippySnipa_*

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:35 AM

View Postpaintballfrk, on Dec 18 2007, 09:47 PM, said:

I have seen that 1 before. But i need something that is better than just 1 shot.

#8 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:19 PM

View PostTippySnipa, on Dec 19 2007, 04:35 AM, said:

View Postpaintballfrk, on Dec 18 2007, 09:47 PM, said:

I have seen that 1 before. But i need something that is better than just 1 shot.

Whats your budget? Do you prefer bulky, large, and light, or compact, small, and a little heavy? Would you rather it operate of compressed air, regulated Co2 or HPA, or unregulated Co2 or HPA? Do you want an attached air source, separate, or on remote (1. Attached=part of launcher 2. Separate=charging chamber by attaching a hose after each shot, supply not usually portable 3. Remote=air supply usually in a pack, lightens the launcher, reduces manuverability, can be disconnected to fill others)?

For multiple shot launcher theres 2 main sources of propellent (compressed gas). One is high pressure and the other is low pressure. Depending on which is chosen, it will impact the launchers size, weight, construction materials, cost, air supply, etc. High pressure is typically around 800 PSI. Low pressure it usually 100 PSI or less.

High pressure launchers typically consist of:

1. High pressure air supply, HPA or unregulated Co2
3. Expansion chamber
4. Brass ball valve
5. Barrel assembly

#2 Is a brass ball valve but is usually only on nicer launchers since it adds weight, length, and cost. The benifit of the ball valve before the expansion chamber is for cosistancy, safety, and stops wasted gas.

With single valve launchers, the expansion chamber is always charged, if you don't instantly close the firing valve, you will drain the gas supply, if the firing valve it accidentally turned while moving around, the tank gets drained.

With duel valve launchers, you controll when to fill the expansion chamber, only the gas from the expansion chamber is used in the shot and does not drain the gas supply, don't have to charge the expansion chamber until its time to shoot, when moving around, both valves would have to be opened to drain the tank so its harder to do and eaisier to spot.

Low pressure lauchers typically consist of:

1. Air supply, bike pump, regulated Co2 or HPA, portable compressor, little air tank, etc.
3. Expansion chamber
4. Firing valve, usually a sprinker valve, sometimes a PVC ball valve
5. Barrel assembly

#2 is usually some kind of valve sometimes used. It could be schrader valve, a quick disconnect fitting, sprinker valve, ball valve, etc. This valve before the expansion chamber is usually not though of as a valve but the way in which the air supply connects to the launcher. With low pressure launchers, manually controlling a second valve is not nesassary. An effective launcher will automaticall refill the chamber after each shot. Leaving the firing valve open after each shot is not as harmful as a single valve high pressure launch. With the high pressure, you would lose a significant amout of your supply but with low pressure, it will hardly effect the supply.

Low pressure lauchers are mainly built of pressure rated PVC.
An quick and effective recharge system thats portable is usually regulated Co2 or HPA.
Though a low pressure launcher is typically cheaper to build, the cost of a regulator for charging increases the cost
Large in size because the shot is fired from volume more than pressure, usually needs a long barrel too.

High pressure launcher are mainly built of galvanized steel pipe (because of the high pressure).
Just attach you Co2 or HPA tank and go, no need to regulate.
Costs a bit more to build over a low pressure but it eliminates the need of an expensive regulator for effect recharging.
Small in size but a bit heavier, shot is fired from high pressure and much less volume, can use short barrel, 12"-24".

Which type are you wanting to build?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users