• You cannot reply to this topic

Bait in the kill sack ways to draw in the enemy and kill 'em Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

Ok...you in the bush and your waiting for the OPFOR to come in. You get a bit impationt and play with your cell phone, the next thing you know, your shot up and out.

If you don't like long waits, the best bet is to give the OPFOR something to home in on. For instance, if you have another guy with you and you both have your cell phones. take one of silent and hang it from a tree on something, preferably standard dog tags to reflect the light. It's a risky move to do, but if your pationt enough and do it right, it will draw them in like a moth to flame and the'll relize too late that there in your sights.

Another good idea if your running solo is to to hang a small mirror to a branch and spin it so it spins back and forth. It is also a risky idea but if done right

if you have another ideas, please feel free to share them and even give comment about the above ideas.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   speedwood 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Viper

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:09 AM

Or a simpalar idea is to take a rock or stone and throw it about 20-30 feet to your flank and hit something to make a noise. volla distraction.
Dont worry im just a bush with a gun
Tippmann owner #321. Why you ask? THATS MY BIRTHDAY!
You won't see me untill its too late. No wait you wont even see me then!!

#3 User is offline   lucky13reborn 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:lucky13reborn

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

View Postspeedwood, on Jul 7 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

Or a simpalar idea is to take a rock or stone and throw it about 20-30 feet to your flank and hit something to make a noise. volla distraction.

building off of that idea, i have heard stories of people getting little firecrackers and setting them off as people walk by.
To conquer without risk is to triumph without glory

#4 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

Snipers are supposed to be stealthy right? Why not use all that camoflauge and relocate?
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#5 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

the concept is to draw OPFOR in wile you lay in wait. When they come in to see what it is, you have them distracted by that and you can either pick them off or unload on them.

#6 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

Since this forum likes to draw upon scenes from popular war movies for tactics, let me ask, have you guys seen We Were Soldiers?

Remember when Lt. Herrick orders his platoon to follow that NVA scout, which draws his whole platoon into the ambush? That same tactic used by the NVA can be scaled down to the 2-3 man sniper team level.

If you have one or two fast runners have them make brief contact with a small group of opfor players. After they bait the opfor group, have the runner(s) fall back to about 15-20 ft, to the left or right of your position. If you, the sniper, are in a decent firing location, you and your runner(s) should be able to eliminate a good number of the opfor group before you have to fall back.

Just remember, make sure your runners know they should only bait a manageable-sized force; don't bite off more than you can chew. :)
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#7 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

View PostMaDuce, on Jul 7 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

Since this forum likes to draw upon scenes from popular war movies for tactics, let me ask, have you guys seen We Were Soldiers?

Remember when Lt. Herrick orders his platoon to follow that NVA scout, which draws his whole platoon into the ambush? That same tactic used by the NVA can be scaled down to the 2-3 man sniper team level.

If you have one or two fast runners have them make brief contact with a small group of opfor players. After they bait the opfor group, have the runner(s) fall back to about 15-20 ft, to the left or right of your position. If you, the sniper, are in a decent firing location, you and your runner(s) should be able to eliminate a good number of the opfor group before you have to fall back.

Just remember, make sure your runners know they should only bait a manageable-sized force; don't bite off more than you can chew. :P

I have to say though although "We WEere Soldiers" is a movie, it is based upon actual events. That battle did take place. I can't say that all the events haven't been given over to theatrical interprtation bt... it did take palce
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#8 User is offline   MaDuce 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on Jul 7 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

View PostMaDuce, on Jul 7 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

Just remember, make sure your runners know they should only bait a manageable-sized force; don't bite off more than you can chew. B)

I have to say though although "We WEere Soldiers" is a movie, it is based upon actual events. That battle did take place. I can't say that all the events haven't been given over to theatrical interprtation bt... it did take palce

True Dat.

The 4th grade sucker play the NVA pulled on the platoon early in the battle/film, that I drew upon was real. The tactics employed by both the Americans and the NVA were very accurate.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT

#9 User is offline   vindex762 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:VINDEX308

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

I had a guy once who didn't want to wait for someone to shoot so he started to 'rattle' his hopper thinking that I would reveal my position for such a silly trick, all I did was wait for him to stand all the way up and I popped him right in the goggles. Shaking a hopper is defiantly a no-no

#10 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:29 PM

I was thinking about something like this today...about using bait. Well, I thought it more of a prop. Where we play, some of the guys wear bandanas and whatnot, sometimes they stick out from 45+...what if you were to make a show of wearing a bright bandana on before the game and then plant it after the break to create a small distraction/baited hook. I don't know, just thought of it today while on a bike ride. I guess it would only work once or twice, but it could be kinda fun though. I think it might work where we play because we are always b.s.'ing as the teams split to their respective corners. Maybe it would work...or plant an extra lens (single pane, cheap one) to get that additional sunglare-off-the-mask-effect...what do you think?
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#11 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

everyone seems to have a good concept for bait. I might also recomend if you have it. set up a spare mask and barrel and make sure it stands out. kinda like the decoys hunters use to draw in deer or other game. just make sure your hidden well and have a good angle on anyone that comes up

#12 User is offline   MaDuce 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:39 AM

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on Jul 9 2008, 07:56 PM, said:

everyone seems to have a good concept for bait. I might also recomend if you have it. set up a spare mask and barrel and make sure it stands out. kinda like the decoys hunters use to draw in deer or other game. just make sure your hidden well and have a good angle on anyone that comes up

Another old trick is to place a pod (empty or full, clear or black, it doesn't matter) on a trail. Since most pods are very cheap loosing one won't be a problem. I would hate to loose a mask or barrel out in the woods.

#13 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:05 AM

Simply looking towards your team and shooting some paint where you won't hit anyone works. Just keep your armband concealed and when your "teammates" move in front of you, shoot them.

This post has been edited by PhantomSniper1: 10 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

#14 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:11 AM

Another old trick is to place a pod (empty or full, clear or black, it doesn't matter) on a trail. Since most pods are very cheap loosing one won't be a problem. I would hate to loose a mask or barrel out in the woods.
[/quote]

Thats what I do, just bring an old pod with some old event paint in it and leave it in the middle of a trail. Come to think of it an old co2 tank would work too!

#15 User is offline   MaDuce 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

View PostPhobeus, on Jul 10 2008, 08:11 AM, said:

Come to think of it an old co2 tank would work too!

While some players might be drawn to an old CO2 tank more so than a pod, it could pose a safety hazzard. If you leave a CO2 tank out in the sun (with CO2 still in it), pressure can build up, causing the tank to burst. Also, if a player manages to pick up the tank and fill it up or try to use it, and the tank is in a poor state (like cracked o-rings) it could harm the player and his gun.

If you're going to use in-animate objects to carry out your ambush, it's best they be inexpensive and safe. But props for coming up with ideas, though.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users