• You cannot reply to this topic

View Loader Vlocity Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Altec 

• Sloth Daddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Altec (Spiny)

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:28 AM

After about a year of use, I think I got some idea of the Vlocity.

Overview:

Over almost one years time, using my Vlocity 90% of the time, I have come to the conclusion that the Vlocity is a very nice loader. Fast, light, fairly strong, and priced a bit lower then others in its class.

Price:

I payed $120 for mine on sale at a local, not on sale they usually go for about $130. Comparing this to the $140 of the Empire Reloader B, $160 of the B2, and $150 of the DXS Pulse. Its not a bad deal.

Speed/Consistency:

On Level One I get about 15-17BPS. Fairly consistent. On Level Eight I get about 20-22BPS. Very consistent! I have the problem of the Vlocity not feeding aswell on some markers. I could only get 18BPS on my dads Racegun, though it would feed on my DM6 very fast. But on both they where still very consistent, no skips at all!

Battery Life:

The Vlocity runs off two 9-Volt batterys. On Level One you get about Four cases of paint. This gets worse as the modes go up, till you get about ah case, and a half. Not much, but Its a rare day that I use anything other then Level One in normal play, even ramping. When the batterys get low, you'll see slower feed rates, and a loss consistency, then it will start locking up. Not wanting to spin. The loaders LED indicator will glow red letting you know the batterys are getting low way before this though, so theres no reason you should ever have a problem with this.

Glitches:

There are a couple glitches floating around for the Vlocity. The first being the "Ghost." Which limits the speed A LOT. Some owners found if you remove these little covers over the eyes, it will fix the problem. The second glitch is one where the loader just locks up. Not the same as the low battery lock up, but the same thing happens to the loader. The lights blinking, but the loader just doesn't spin. Mine did this at a couple random times, but seemed to fix itself. Others have found it to be unfixable, and had to contact View Loader.

Durability:

The Vlocitys shells are very strong, mine still look like new even after very heavy use. Though the Raceway, which is also the feedneck has gotten stress cracks over time, but still seems to be far from breaking. I can't say as but for the lid though. It got some stress cracks around the hinge, and my dad dropped the loader on the lid, cracking the hole corner. Even with this, I still wouldn't hesitate to trow the loader at a tree, or drop it off a couple story building.

Cleaning:

To clean the Vlocity you have to take out seven philips screws, then pull the two halfs apart. Watching the lid spring, and push button on the board. Both can be lost, or broken. After you do this, you can pretty much get to anything for cleaning. When putting the shells back together, make sure you put the screw with fine threads on the battery cover.

Settings:

To change the settings, you turn the loader on. Then hold the push button down. The LED indicator well start to flash Amber. The number of blinks shows the mode. For example one blink equals level one.

Upgrades:

There isn't much as far as Upgrades right now. Theres a couple company's making speed-feeds, some doing custom color shells, and three upgrade chips.

Final rating= 9/10

As great as the loader is, it still doesn't get a ten in my eyes.
"It's funny, but will it get them off their tractors?"

"Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face."

#2 User is offline   crossfirekid 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:19 PM

i have a vlocity and i love it. its a great hopper!!
IPB Image

#3 User is offline   SHADOW SNIPER 

• masta of disasta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shadow sniper

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:51 PM

yea i have been paintballing for four years. and i absolutly love this thing. i think it might last longer than you said on higher modes. i usually shoot the highest or lthe on before that. i havnt had that jam problem either. but if it does happen it will probly fix itself within a second. it could have happened to me and i havnt even noticed. I LIVE MY VLOCITY 9.5/10 because not many chip ups..
www.zjpaintball.com
FREE AGENT
Rangerz ego7 sling trigger zick kit

#4 User is offline   Altec 

• Sloth Daddy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Altec (Spiny)

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:24 PM

View PostSHADOW SNIPER, on Mar 3 2007, 06:51 PM, said:

yea i have been paintballing for four years. and i absolutly love this thing. i think it might last longer than you said on higher modes. i usually shoot the highest or lthe on before that. i havnt had that jam problem either. but if it does happen it will probly fix itself within a second. it could have happened to me and i havnt even noticed. I LIVE MY VLOCITY 9.5/10 because not many chip ups..

I was trying to be fair on the battery life, since I have never really taken the time to count and see exactly what it is, though I do know my numbers are close to what it is. With good batterys, and some luck, I could see 1500+ more shots from what I said, but theres only so much, no matter what you do.

I'm not quite sure what you mean jamming? My Vlocity has only jammed once with the stock chip, and a flat nickel shaped paintball shell did that lol. If your speaking of the loader locking up, not all of them have done it, or will.

As far as chips go. View Loader has one out for the Vlocity that seems to work very well, along with Lucky Paint. I myself have the Gangstar chip, and love it! :)
"It's funny, but will it get them off their tractors?"

"Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users