• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Longbow Mods Other Markers It was moded for Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

hey i no there's all some people out there that can do anything they want but for the people with out the tools what els can the longbow fit on. I no you can put it on sp1 and the tactical ion body and i seen one modded for a5 and x7. Im guess most would need some weave to be put on so post wug. also I have an un painted LongBow mag adapter that has weaves on it and maybe it was a prototype but looks like its more crappy since both side have to clap down on it then the the weave were the tac-one and ion one was part of the body. oh and i was thinking of putting the longbow mag on the side of the tac-one warp left with a 45 deg weave adapter what your think?

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

The longbow was made for the Ion, the AGD Tac 1, and the Tiberius pistols. I know they made a kit for another electro, but I'm drawing a blank right now. It was modded relatively easily to the Sp1 by cutting off the feed neck. People with the right tools have been able to do it to other markers by cutting off the feed necks, and attaching pieces of weaver rail on either side. I have seen other methods of doing it as well. One of the more common ones was simply getting a spring feed from Noxx55 customs, since they can attach right to a feed neck with a clamp, no mod needed.

#3 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Dangerous Power G3 i believe.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#4 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:40 AM

View PostCuy'val Dar, on 14 October 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

Dangerous Power G3 i believe.

I was thinking the same thing.
That gun is so light weight, it would make a good platform.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

I've seen it on Phantoms before... http://www.mcarterbr...ol-phantom.html

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 15 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

#6 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

It must have been a pro tow type in the making i have a pic the guy i got it off of but ill get a better pic of it later. the guy said that he got it just b4 spec ops closed out so thats why its un painted. hmm as soon as i finger out how to add a pic ill make my pic the pic of it for now.
<--------- look over there

This post has been edited by thrasher_565: 01 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

#7 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:14 AM

That Longbow on a phantom is gorgeous!!!
A while before Moati left he said that the phantom was the next up for longbow production...doubt that is still happening!

#8 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

ya i remember it saying that too. Pamers has a hopper feed for i think 15 ball loader but its $100 and that not like the longbow mag. you could make your own mag out of pvc just need a long and soft spring. Ive seen a modded ( my guess t9 ) longbow on an A5 and on a X7. http://forum.special...1

This post has been edited by thrasher_565: 01 November 2011 - 07:38 AM

#9 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

XGC_Cheevo from techpb

I talked to MOATI in person at Living Legends and we talked specifically about the longbow system. The problem with it right now is that when the original Special Ops was going under, before MOATI bought it, they liquidated all hard goods for super cheap to clear out the warehouses and get some liquid capital aka cash. The problem was the company cleared out so much that there was little to nothing to work with once MOATI got everything sorted out. So, last I knew he had absolutely zero longbows around and he was looking to re-buy them back from customers to get them to shops for copying. He talked to me about buying mine but I never saw him after the first conversation. If I have to I can talk to him this week over the phone or email and see if he still needs a donation of a longbow mag and adapter. If it gets the production up and running it will be worth it.

And UV, from what I've seen of concept designs thats exactly the idea that SpecOps is working with. It was a stacked magazine that turned unto the breach, yet still followed alongside the barrel. The problem I see with it is the skirts on the FS rounds are so brittle. With too strong a spring they will crack and break. Perhaps I can get some more information if I talk to MOATI this week.

I've emailed him since I need some other stuff made. I gave him my cell number in case he needs to talk to me about my longbow system. I've offered to donate mine if it means that production can get off the ground. We'll see what happens. And yeah Special Ops underwent a huge transition when MOATI took over. He worked there during its glory days and wanted it to continue on after the company started sliding. He moved the company to Syracuse, New York, and hired on a completely new sewing staff and customer service. If you visit the store you can already see that it's starting to build once again. Second hand hard goods such as markers and hoppers are appearing and some custom hardgoods such as T2W stocks are now on the site albeit out of stock. I think it's a hint that production is going on, they just don't have a definite time table yet.

I wounder if i should send him my prototype mag adapter too

This post has been edited by thrasher_565: 01 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

#10 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

what would be cool is an electric fed mag i bet some one cam make one with an k'nex motor lol and i think they should make a .50ca longbow still or an back pack hopper i no its been done.

This post has been edited by thrasher_565: 01 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

#11 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

bingo i found it i got the g3 mag adapter http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=45015

#12 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

hmmmm http://www.mossyoak....d=2115&zoneid=4

#13 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

you remember the ruf dog Tippmann 98 center feed hopper mod well cant the longbow be put on an 98

#14 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

the 45 rail idea to put the mag on the side didn't work. You would have to make your own tube.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users