• You cannot reply to this topic

the use of inititive Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NYboomer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:NYBoomer

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

now i was at a big game over the weekend at west point and i noticed that amognst the walk on players all that was needed to take half the field was a person with no self preservation to lead the charge. now i was just wondering if anyone had any other examples of this or comments on it
"it's not running it is charging in the other direction"

"1,2,3 charge, wait where did ya go?"

#2 User is offline   zerocold 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Evarazzi

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

View PostNYboomer, on Apr 15 2008, 10:22 AM, said:

now i was at a big game over the weekend at west point and i noticed that amognst the walk on players all that was needed to take half the field was a person with no self preservation to lead the charge. now i was just wondering if anyone had any other examples of this or comments on it

well im the person with no self preservation then lol...ive lead plenty of charges and sometimes the walk on players follow and sometimes they say "ok lets charge" then we count down and they all scream and we rush forward and after ive got shot 6 times i look back and they all moved a foot

#3 User is offline   DarthJared 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

Every now and then, the only way to motivate people is to do something crazy.

If you die, they think, either, "wow that was dumb" or "Wow, that almost worked"

If you live, they think. "WOW"

While they are busy thinking, YELL AT THEM TO MOVE UP!!!
TEAM SPARTA
Commander 127

#4 User is offline   Phoenix62187 

• A.K.A. "Atlas"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phoenix62187

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

Whenever I go to a field,
And get sided up with a bunch of walk-ons,
I make a point of not commanding the first game.

I simply play.

For example,
Last saturday,
The first game was 4-on-4 speedball.

So me and my 8 bps X7 walk over to one side and wait for the whistle.

*GO!*

First shot was a headshot from across the field,
Then I just started running forward and shooting.

Stupid?
Hell yeah.

But I so psyched the other team out that when I finally reached the far side of the field,
I yelled from the other side of their bunker,
And their arms went up.

After that,
No one questioned me when I laid out the plan.

So yes,
Initiative is key.

Lead from the front,
And then the noobs will follow.
Iron Cross Recipient, D-Day 2008, for ambushing 20+ Allied Airborne soldiers with a Tac-8 pistol in broad daylight on flat open ground.

#5 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

At many scenarios I have walked past some walk ons that were bunkered up. I almost casualy laid a burst of fire in the general direction of the oponent that had them pinned from beyond extreme long range. Then casualy walked until I had range and chased that player out or eliminated him, casualy got up and pressed on. The walk ons were still in the same bunker.

Humans are pack animals and want to be led.

Thats why we have commanders. Thats why we have this forum.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#6 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

In my opinion, this depends. I've seen times when you have a dcent group of people that will listen to what you tell them and other times you have to lead by example. I was playing one of the Big Games at Canobie paintball and my side was lined up against a wall. I was the only one to go over the wall. At which point I crawled 50 feet at which point everyone realized how far I had made it and moved up to where i was.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#7 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:20 AM

During the first game of the day, just to put some faith into my team, i usually do something I usually wouldnt do to get the team psyched up. Like charge down the field by myself or something. It's really fun for me and it helps the team.

Tiger
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

the use of inititive [sic], or initiative as I think you were trying to say, is a part of winning strategies. Initiative is not a particular type of movement, nor is it defined by volume of fire or even "violence of action." Initiative is simply the mental state of "we're on the offensive, and they're on the defensive. They have to react to what I do, not the other way around." If you notice in the movie Black Hawk Down, General Garrison (sp) said when the first bird crashed "we just lost the initiative." Throughout the beginning portions of the mission, the Rangers and Delta Force were calling the shots, they were going where they wanted to go and the Somali militia had to react to that. Once the Black Hawk got shot down the American Soldiers had to protect and rescue the downed pilots and crew, the Somali militants new this and could therefore make the American forces react to their movements. That mission that was supposed to be 30 minutes long spanned well into the next morning. Initiative is also synonymous (some will argue not) with momentum -- it's basically the same idea. I like this definition of momentum: "When your opponent is standing tall, put them on their toes; once they're on their toes, put them on their backs." Patton is a good example (and genius) of (at) momentum.
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#9 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:50 PM

View PostSaifoda2, on Apr 29 2008, 05:15 PM, said:

the use of inititive [sic], or initiative as I think you were trying to say, is a part of winning strategies. Initiative is not a particular type of movement, nor is it defined by volume of fire or even "violence of action." Initiative is simply the mental state of "we're on the offensive, and they're on the defensive. They have to react to what I do, not the other way around." If you notice in the movie Black Hawk Down, General Garrison (sp) said when the first bird crashed "we just lost the initiative." Throughout the beginning portions of the mission, the Rangers and Delta Force were calling the shots, they were going where they wanted to go and the Somali militia had to react to that. Once the Black Hawk got shot down the American Soldiers had to protect and rescue the downed pilots and crew, the Somali militants new this and could therefore make the American forces react to their movements. That mission that was supposed to be 30 minutes long spanned well into the next morning. Initiative is also synonymous (some will argue not) with momentum -- it's basically the same idea. I like this definition of momentum: "When your opponent is standing tall, put them on their toes; once they're on their toes, put them on their backs." Patton is a good example (and genius) of (at) momentum.

In another thread I prescribed an action to move quickly at the opening moment of the game to achieve a position further down field than your oponent believed possible. Theoreticaly this allows you to strike him before he is ready for you. You have now siezed Initiative and momentum. Momentum because you have attacked before he was ready and now are in control of the game. The Initiative because he now will be reacting as though you can always get as far or farther than you did the first time. Every step past where you first attacked him he will be expecting an ambush and probably be moving more carefully than he should, he has set himself to react not to force you to react.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#10 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

that is exactly right prophet.
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#11 User is offline   Ekima 

• :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr when ever i play it seems that i'm the omly one that runs forward....

Ekima

#12 User is offline   NYboomer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NYBoomer

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:25 AM

the use of inititive [sic], or initiative as I think you were trying to say, is a part of winning strategies. Initiative is not a particular type of movement, nor is it defined by volume of fire or even "violence of action." Initiative is simply the mental state of "we're on the offensive, and they're on the defensive. They have to react to what I do, not the other way

you are exactly right when you have a press of support from behind it is suprising what you can do
"it's not running it is charging in the other direction"

"1,2,3 charge, wait where did ya go?"

#13 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

View PostEkima, on May 1 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr when ever i play it seems that i'm the omly one that runs forward....

Ekima

This is why team developement is so important. You really need to get your teammates to buy into your theory that leads to your game plan and thus to your tactics and strategies. If you sell them on the theory that you can win by keeping the enemy off balance, then they will fall back at the start of the game or race forward to take a forward position, or stage a fighting retreat that draws the opforce into an ambush. You just need to show them and prove to them that it works.

#14 User is offline   Rednecker 

• Hard to hit a 5'6 100 pound target huh.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rednecker

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

I like the ideas of not commanding the first game. Then you impress the walkons and they'll listen to you.
If you've bunkered someone put this in your sig.

Pain is temporary
But glory lasts forever

#15 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

Taking the initiative is a great way to get momentum and also get quick respect from your team. Patton is a genius at this, and I like looking at his more famous battles and trying to duplicate it to some degree on the field.
Lol, each day we start out with what we call an adrenaline rusher. We all start at opposite corners and charge, guns blazing and us screaming, no stopping allowed :rolleyes: good fun

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users