Special Ops Paintball: How many have a Q-loader and how many like and/or recommend it? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1

How many have a Q-loader and how many like and/or recommend it? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Do you have/recommend a Q-loader? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have/recommend a Q-loader?

1. I have one and recommend one. (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. I have one but don't recommend one. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I do not have one but recommend one. (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

4. I do not have one and do not recommend one. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Deadly Milkman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:50 PM

If you have used the q-loader please post up how you would compare it to a 'normal' hopper.

1. Is it worth the money?
2. Is it worth the only 100 round pods?
3. Is it better than an 'on-top' hopper?
4. Does the hose get annoying?

..and please add anything else you can think of

I am thinking about getting one (q-loader system) when I get my SP-1 and put a stock on it..

And I also hear a lot about how much it sucks to re-load the pods.. how long does it actually take and what do you have to do?

This post has been edited by Deadly Milkman: 26 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

#2 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

1. If you are patient enough to take the time to set it up correct so it works well then it is worth the money.
2. If you don't waste a ton of paint shooting at someone you know you can't hit. Yes.
3. It all depends on the marker and where you mount the Q on the marker.
4. Again it depends on the marker and where you mouth the Q because that will dictate where the hose runs. As long as you mount the Q in a smart place, and cut the hose to the necessary length, it shouldn't get in the way.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#3 User is offline   Shalendar 

• The kittens of my bone marrow are pleased
  • PipPip

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:46 PM

1. Is it worth the money? I got mine preinstalled + an egrip, so yes.
2. Is it worth the only 100 round pods? if you play a sniper position, yes
3. Is it better than an 'on-top' hopper? yes, you dont have this football sticking up, (some hoppers are huge!)
4. Does the hose get annoying? no, mine was reinstalled and very short.

check the q loader site and forum.
http://www.qloader.com

"thats my goal, get sigged by everybody on the forums" - Spades -- "who knows when I'll need a barrel in my ASA?" - MIR Sniper
3 types of people in the world: Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs. I am a Sheepdog. -- My feedback (+3/-0)

#4 User is offline   Woodbender 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woodbender

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

I have one and I do like it. I voted to recommend it but I want to qualify that with a few details.

1. I paid $90.00 for a five-hundred round system in like new condition so it was definitely a good buy. I would have willingly paid the price of a new one anyway but since so many people purchase them then sell when they find it doesn't fit their style, I just posted a WTB in the forums.

2. It is not for those who like to lay down heavy fire for extended periods of time. A hundred rounds is plenty though as long as the long-balling is kept to a minimum. You won't be limited to sniper play with a q-loader. I used mine in a scenario and was often playing right on the front lines. Bear in mind that this is coming from someone who considers 100 rounds to be a luxurious amount of paint. I am used to pocket hoppers and tube feeds.

3. This gets an emphatic yes from me. I will not put anything larger than a pocket hopper on top of my markers.

4. I don't have a hose as I put copper elbows on the gun instead. My q-loader set-up is custom and somewhat different than most. The hose just couldn't handle the sharp bend that I needed to get.

If you don't mind tinkering to get things working perfectly and seldom lay down heavy suppressive fire, then you may like the q-loader. It takes me about fifteen minutes to load 5 pods but I am still using the banana hopper that came with the system. Most people say that using a cheap electric hopper instead will cut down on reload time. I am willing to go through the hassle of reloading though as 5 pods will typically get me through a day (unless it's a scenario) and there is usually plenty of time in the morning before the games start.

I use the Q-loader mainly for one reason: It can keep up with my RT-Pro when I wish to fire a quick burst. The only other loader (barring spring-feed tubes and magazines) that can do this and does not sit on top of the gun would be a warp feed. That system is not to my tastes hence my purchase of a Q-loader. If it were not for the limited feed rate, I would choose a pocket-hopper over a Q-loader.

#5 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

I have one on a 98C, Autococker Trilogy pump, PPS Blazer and previously on an Ion and SP-8. I like it and recommend it.

#6 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

It works great if you are patient, it takes some time to prewind it and all. It works much better than a Hopper but if your paint is brittle I would recommend putting a gravity feed on instead for the day. The hose isnt annoying at all once you get the right length.
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users