• You cannot reply to this topic

Droid/Android Thread Google FTW Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:00 AM

So who has a Droid, or other android based phone? I just got a droid on Saturday, and I'm in love. I compared to the Apple app store, the Android Market is amazing. It has less apps, that much is clear, but that really just means its not cluttered with hundreds of useless and retarded apps. No fart buttons here.So far, I've got a GBA Emulator(which I have pokemon for. FRAG yes.), Bar Code Scanner, Task Manage, Battery timer, Pandora, IM service, Google Sky map, MMS saver, SMS client, and Shazam.

What apps do you guys recommend/have?
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

I plan on getting the Droid ERIS pretty soon, cuz its 120$ cheaper. I've heard its still a great phone. From what i've seen, the droid based phones are just as good, if not better then iphones

#3 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

A task manager is a must have. Otherwise I had an LED flashlight option, Ebuddy, which is a messenger service, and Weatherbug. Not anything super amazing. I'm still waiting for Flash 10 to be Android compatible.
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#4 User is offline   DvS21 

• Duct Tape; saving lives since 1942
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden21

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:56 PM

Holy crap I love my G1 to death.

Anyone with android I highly recommend the App 'Zombie Run'

It uses Google maps, and the phone's GPS to put your location on a map. You can then set a waypoint, on the map, that you have to travel to in real life. Here's the fun part. You can add Digital Zombies to the Map, select how fast they run (Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, ect) and how many there are (Local Infestation, Global Outbreak, ect). Then you try to navigate your way IN REAL LIFE to the way point while avoiding the Digital Zombies on your screen.

Honestly this is the most epic way to exercise ever, and is one of the most fun things you can do after a few drinks with the guys. It's free too, so good luck, and don't get eaten!

PBN Feedback AO Feedback SOP Feedback
"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#5 User is offline   MAVERICK2008 

• Special Ops Operations Manager
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MAVERICK2008

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

View PostDvS21, on Mar 29 2010, 01:56 PM, said:

Holy crap I love my G1 to death.

Anyone with android I highly recommend the App 'Zombie Run'

It uses Google maps, and the phone's GPS to put your location on a map. You can then set a waypoint, on the map, that you have to travel to in real life. Here's the fun part. You can add Digital Zombies to the Map, select how fast they run (Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, ect) and how many there are (Local Infestation, Global Outbreak, ect). Then you try to navigate your way IN REAL LIFE to the way point while avoiding the Digital Zombies on your screen.

Honestly this is the most epic way to exercise ever, and is one of the most fun things you can do after a few drinks with the guys. It's free too, so good luck, and don't get eaten!

I think the world of my G1, but am interested in the Nexus One, getting one is a real pain in the butt. I talked to tmobile and they act like they tell you any and everything to not buy it. Telling me things that make it sound like they will not support it and just send you to Google and they don't have people to talk to everything is done through e-mail. Bummer!

#6 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

I've got an HTC Hero. I love it, except for only have V1.5. I want the 2.1 update already so I can use a few work programs and not have to carry my iTouch with me too
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#7 User is offline   ike123 

• PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

I have 2.1 with my Droid. Is sexy.

#8 User is offline   MAVERICK2008 

• Special Ops Operations Manager
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MAVERICK2008

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

anybody played with a Nexus One that has also had a G1? I am looking to see if they miss the keyboard?

#9 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LoD

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:46 AM

I have the Motorola Droid, and I absolutely love it. It's the best phone I have ever had. Because I am at work, it's 3am, and I am bored.. I will list all of my apps with bolds to my favorites

Abduction! - Game

aCar - Tool to keep track of your car, mpg, maintenance, etc.

Air Control - Addicting game

AirAttack - " "

Aldiko - eBooks reader

Armored Strike - Game - Kinda reminds me of Worms Armageddon a little bit.

B&B Droidlight - Tool to turn your LED flash on as a flashlight

Bash Reader - Bash.org application. Love it.

Basketball Lite - shooting hoops game

Battery Left - Widget that tells you how much time you have left on your battery. Takes a while to calibrate.

Big Red Button - I actually need to delete this. It's a huge time waster, but it might entertain the easily entertained.

c:geo - Application that is integrated into www.geocaching.com . It's a GREAT application if you like to geocache and have a geocaching.com username.

Redbox codes - Free redbox codes

Coin Flip - Because you never know when you need to flip a coin and don't have one on you.

Fake-Call Me - Set a timer and put in a name and number and your phone will "call" you in case you ever need to get out of a crappy situation, such as a bad date. I've only used this to screw with my friends and go "Wtf are you calling me" and they're like "Dude what the hell? I'm not!" It's great.

Famous Quotes - Pretty self explanatory

FMyLife Official - Widget for FMyLife.com. If you've never heard of it, go to it. Now.

Free Dictionary - PSE

Frozen Bubble - That game from the good old days where you shoot colored bubbles and when you get like 3 of the same color linked, they drop. Not a bad game.

Funny Jokes - Application of funny jokes.

Google Goggles - Actually a way cool app, but still in its early beta stages I believe. It will scan whatever it is that you take a picture of and tell you about it. So say, if you take a picture of the Mona Lisa painting, it will identify the painting (in case you didnt know what it was) When it was made, who the artist was, etc. It's supposed to become extremely advanced later. To where you can scan a leaf and get all the information about it. Life I said, still in beta.

Handcent SMS - I Really really really really love this application. Much better than the stock messaging system. You can change how the chat looks (threaded, iphone, etc) put backgrounds, set it to where it automatically splits text at 160 characters, just all kinds of stuff.

Hang-Man - PSE

Inspirational Quotes - PSE

Jewels - Bejeweled

JuiceDefender - Still don't fully understand this app but it supposedly does something to where your phone doesn't use your battery as much and extends its lifetime. I should probably do some more investigating in it, but a lot of people like it.

Lookout - Anti-virus, Data backup, and Missing Device locator.

Mobile Defense - Can locate your lost/stolen phone, lock it remotely from your computer by logging into www.mobiledefense.com and you can also sound a car alarm (literally) that cannot be turned off by the person with the phone. It's too legit to quit.

Math Workout - Because I suck at math and I try to stay somewhat fresh

Memory Trainer - Pretty much the same as math, but for your memory.

Metal Detector - A lot of people really like this app, but I find it fairly inaccurate and not that cool. Just haven't gotten around to deleting it.

My Tracks - Tracks a path traveled. Tells you how many miles you traveled and how long it took you plus other features.

PapiMissile - Game, its okay.

PapiPole - Game, eh.

Pickup Lines - Just because I had to.

PicSay - Photo editor. Not bad.

PingPong Lite - PSE

PoliceLight - Displays flashing lights on your phone like a cop car sort of. It's fun to be in the back seat at night and put your phone up facing the rear view mirror and set this off to screw with friends.

PoliceStream - Listen to police scanners worldwide. Costs like a buck, not bad, but my friend found a free one called ScannerRadio (I think) that is free and seemed to be better. Oh well.

Raging Thunder - racing game. Nice graphics. Pretty fun.

Rhyme Finder - PSE?

Ringdroid - Turn your songs on your phone into ringtones. You can edit them on the phone to where you want the ringtone to start and end. Pretty cool.

RingGuard - Confirmation menu pops up when you change the ringtone volume. I love this app because the volume keys on the Droid are really light, so you can change it pretty easily without knowing it and miss a call.

Robo Defense Free - Tower Defense Game. Love it.

Safe Neighborhood - Shows a map and any registered sex offenders near you.

ScanLife - Some application that makes it to where you can scan some kind of barcode people make for their websites or something? I dunno.

Screebl Lite - Pretty cool. You set the angle of the phone and if its within that orientation, the screen won't turn off. So if you're reading an article on the web or something and don't scroll for a while, the phone won't turn off.

SFCave - Game. You fly a ribbon thing that raises when you press down and drops when you let go. You have to venture through a cave thing. Not a pretty app, there are much prettier, but I enjoy it.

Shazam - Song identifier and finds information on the artist and stuff. Seems to work great.

Shot - Puzzle type of game. You have to move these dots in certain order to hit them off the board and clear the field.

Simple Profile Manager - Kind of like a Blackberry sound profile. You can set it to where you get phone calls, but not notifications, or just alarm, whatever. Pretty neat.

Skydeck - Great app. it backs all of your texts up to www.skydeck.com and you can look at them later. It also does a bunch of other stuff, but I just use it for the text back ups because I was dating a girl and find out she was a crazy ho-bag and didn't want her getting me fired so I installed the app to save my ass. Worked as intended :P

Spark - Silly application that just makes "lightning bolt" type of "sparks" across your screen. Purely for giggles.

Steamy Window - Turns your phone into a steamed window. You can draw on the steam and blow onto the mic to make the screen fog up again. Blondes really love this application.

StopWatch - because the Droid doesn't come with one.

ShopSavvy - Scan a barcode and the application will tell you the nearest places that sell that item, and for how much it can be found locally and online and stuff. Pretty cool.

Texts From Last Night - Similar to FMyLife.com. It's an app that links to textsfromlastnight.com and you can read texts that people submitted that just are funny as hell (usually). The stuff on TFLN are usually pretty crude and have some references to alcohol and drugs and stuff, so if you're all squirrely, be cautious.

Timeriffic - App will set your volume, alarm, notification sounds and everything depending on the time and days that you set. So it might set to vibrate automatically at 8am when you go to work mon-fri and turn your ringer back on at 5pm when you get off of work automatically. It's not bad.

Toss It: Preview - Pointless game. You just check a crumpled up piece of paper into a waste basket with a fan on the side that gives wind resistance. Just a time waster.

Traps - Fun game. There are little ball things bouncing around this box, and you slide your finger across the box and it separates that section from the rest of the box. You have to remove a certain % of the box without hitting any of the balls.

TuneWiki - Cool app. Plays your music on your phone, and will automatically (usually) find the lyrics for the song and display them while you are listening to the song.

Twidroid - Twitter for your Android

UltraSound - I love screwing with this app in a crowd of people. It has certain frequencies it plays, that are usually so high pitched that I can't hear half of them. But I like to go into a crowd of people and start playing the lowest hertz and work my way up until I hear "What the hell is that noise?!" and everyone starts looking around for the source. Love it.

Urban Dictionary - Urban Dictionary application.

Useless Facts - PSE

WeatherBug - Tells you the weather.

Word Search - Game. PSE.

Unit Converter - Converts the number you enter into inches, feet, mm, miles, gallons, whatever. It converts it all for you.

Google Sky Map - Pretty cool app. You can point it into the sky and it will tell you where constellations are that you are looking at and stuff. If you're heavily into stargazing, you want this app.

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#10 User is offline   ike123 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

I just got the Skyfire 2.0 Beta. It's a browser. Much better than the stock one. Let's you play flash videos.

#11 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

View Postike123, on May 9 2010, 01:30 AM, said:

I just got the Skyfire 2.0 Beta. It's a browser. Much better than the stock one. Let's you play flash videos.

OoooOoOo

*downloads*

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#12 User is offline   ike123 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:31 AM

It's pretty nice. They play in a special video player, which could use some improvement. Longer videos sometimes have trouble though.

Another cool app, is called Music Junk. Sorta of like Limewire, except only for music.

This post has been edited by ike123: 10 May 2010 - 02:38 AM

#13 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

View Postike123, on May 10 2010, 03:31 AM, said:

It's pretty nice. They play in a special video player, which could use some improvement. Longer videos sometimes have trouble though.

Another cool app, is called Music Junk. Sorta of like Limewire, except only for music.

Doesn't show up in my market?

My Feedback Thread

#14 User is offline   ike123 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

They might have taken it off. I was talking to a friend about it and he had the same problem.

#15 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

Also remember that if you're running a lower version of Android, programs that require higher versions won't show up in the market. It's why I can't get Epocrates
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users