Special Ops Paintball: Delrin or Venturi front bolts for 98's - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Delrin or Venturi front bolts for 98's Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wildbill 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:02 PM

Don't waste your money. Especially on the $30 Delrin bolts. They are a joke. Little if any difference and my Shocktech Delrin Bolt is the ball choppingest thing I have ever seen. I used that a couple of games and got rid of that puppy. Went back stock and haven't chopped a ball since.
I have owned a couple different types of the so call upgrades and they are all a rip off.
Save your money and go by something worthwhile, like a fat burger and fries. At least you will have something to give you heart burn later on....LOL
As always, that's my opinion and it ought to be yours...... :D

#2 User is offline   Matt311 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:17 AM

I agree dude! very good... im glad to see others that can give the word out. people like us figure out the hard way... a lot of products are all hype and no performance.

But when i had the delrin bolt in my 98c I too had problems with breaks... but .. it was due to more velocity

when you installed the new bolt did you chrono the marker and see what you were getting? if its too much it could break balls due to pure air pressure on the ball .. make sure it is shooting at 300 FPS ..

#3 User is offline   wildbill 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:24 AM

Oh yeah, I have a Pro Chrono on a tripod and I re-check everytime I do anything to the marker. I usually try to keep my velocity at about 285 or so. What my trouble with it was that it was chopping balls. They weren't breaking in the barrel, the were chopped. I had never had that trouble until I put that Delrin front bolt in. I used it a couple of games and got fed up with it. I re- installed the factory stock bolt and haven't chopped one since.
I don't know what the deal with it was, but it sure didn't work very well.
This was the $30 version too from Shocktech, not the little $12 dollar on you see everywhere ( those aren't any good either).
I have used the aluminum powertube and bolt on a previous 98 custom and it worked great, but don't really think I got any benefit from it other than maybe durability.

#4 User is offline   xjnation 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:31 PM

Good call the inline marker does not need any aftermarket bolts, they just empty your wallet

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users