Special Ops Paintball: Ordered some stuff, Now I have questions. - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ordered some stuff, Now I have questions. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Short4Law 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

I really just wanted a different barrel for my BT4 and a mask but hey had free sipping for 150 and over so I packed some other cheap stuff in there too.

Here are the main things I got, there are also got a lot of small items I didn't list.

J & J Ceramic A-5 Barrel - 12 Inch

V-Force Pro-Vantage - Green

AVI Player Cargo Gear Bag - 22 Inch - Black

BT Bandolier 4+1 Paintball Harness

AVI 3000psi Coil Remote

Guerilla Air Myth N2 Tank - 62ci 3000ps

So I want to upgrade the guns internals (or I think I do). I watched that BT Dominator video a few to many times. I really have no need to sot that fast tho, I kinda figured that with the upgrade I would get a little more distance and accuracy... true? If so what do I need to look for? I found the a few hammers, a power tube, and some springs but how do I match it all up so that I know it performs right?

Found-
Trinity BT BT-4 Power Tube
TechT Zero Kick Hammer or New Designz Hammer Kit
All kinds of springs..

This post has been edited by Short4Law: 14 February 2010 - 10:20 AM

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

I'm sorry to say that the majority of internal upgrades do little to no good at all. Your distance will be entirely controlled by the velocity you shoot at. There is the Apex or Flatline barrels that in a sense increase your distance, but they don't increase your effective range. That is to say that at any given distance your paint will still be traveling the same velocity. With the barrels mentioned, your paint just flys at a flatter trajectory - good if you don't want to deal with arching your shots. Regardless, the vast majority of reasonable shots will take place within 150 feet which you can definitely reach with a normal barrel.

As for accuracy, you chose a fine barrel. There isn't really that much difference in accuracy among aftermarket barrels. As long as they are decently made, they all shoot relatively similar. And you're using HPA, so your shot consistency will be good. That's about all anyone can do to make their marker accurate, all that is left is practice.

Most aftermarket internals don't live up to their marketing claims. Sometimes they cause more problems than they solve. Generally the more you have to upgrade something the more it was lacking in the first place. Have confidence in your stock internals, BT makes a good marker. The only truly useful internal upgrade would be a metal power tube in the event that you plan on running straight liquid CO2 - but that is an entirely different story.

That said, a spring kit isn't a bad idea. They allow you to adjust how hard your hammer hits the valve, and can really increase your air efficiency. Ideally you want the lightest spring possible that still allows you to shoot your desired velocity, and your stock velocity adjuster turned out - doing as little work as possible.

This post has been edited by Piller: 14 February 2010 - 10:53 AM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   Short4Law 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:29 AM

Wow.... I don't think I could have asked for a better reply. Thanks a lot. So I will pick up a power tube and a spring kit.

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

Pillar is our PB encyclopedia :ThumbsUp:

Best internal upgrade is to polish the internals. You can add a board, feeder and stuff. A power tube isn't an advantage.

#5 User is offline   Short4Law 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:21 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Feb 15 2010, 02:36 AM, said:

Pillar is our PB encyclopedia :D

Best internal upgrade is to polish the internals. You can add a board, feeder and stuff. A power tube isn't an advantage.

Internal polish was done the day I got it. Looks good, don't know if it did anything or not because I haven't even shot the marker yet nor did I shoot it before hand. But it looks freaking great! :facepalm:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users