Guru pod stand Modified and Unmodified Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:blackrain's aftermath

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

31 Jan 2011

Here is what happened. I have the wrong version. This version is for the Pinokio Hopper 180 rnd pod. I spoke with Sean (owner of GURU) a little while ago. Great guy. We are in the process of correcting this.

I promised him I would write a retraction to this review so here it is. This is to let everyone know that I donnot have the correct pod carrier. When I get the correct carrier,I will post new pictures and rewrite this review to fit the proper carrier.

Sean said he would stop by and answer a few questions to this review. Best thing,all parts are made in the USA. So stay tune for more. Also I'll be posting some pictures of the carry bag Mom made me. Very simple to do.

Later,
Blackrain:)

Maybe I have an older version or a first run. Looking at this video the pods seem to fit very tight:

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Guru Pod stand:

Posted Image

New from my sponsor:

FirstClass Paintball

When I was first told about these I was kind of excited. I bought two of these. What really got me to buy it was the fact that my sponsor said how much it would help my wife out while she was loading pods. Yea that sales pitch hooked me right away. Make things easy for the pit crew,and you'll be ready for refit quicker.

So we discussed my price and two were ordered. I imagine there was a delay in orders, due to the time it took me to get them,but it wasn't long and it was a new item on the market.

My Sponsor Pat bought them to me and he had opened one up to take a display picture for his page. No biggy to me. The only issue I really see is how loose the pods fit in the rack. I figured they would have been a little tighter,but then again as you can see from the picture, not all pods are made the same. I imagine this is an issue that GURU will work on.

NOTE:

Well it is an issue they have worked on. I have the wrong type of stand. I have Pinokio pod stands. I now have the proper version I need for my pods.

Pinokio Pod Stands:

Filled with 100 rnd pods:

As you can see,not all 100 rnd pods are the same either. These slant very bad at a bad angle,which I didn't understand why.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once they are lifted,they will not fall threw,even with full pod weight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

UPDATED PICTURES:

Correct pod holders:

So let's put in some new pictures of the new carrier:

As you can see the pods fit much better. All though the pods vary in OD (Outer Diameter), This is the size hole for the pods. These are all 100 rnd pods. As you can see they are all different brands.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As the pod carrier is lifted,you can see that most of the pods drop down. This is due to the difference in roundness of pods OD. However it does not affect the carrier or pods in any way. It does not affect loading or performance of the item.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

I consider these items to be an important part of my team. We use whatever helps us out to make refit faster.

So this is a very simple item to put together. It takes about 30 secs if not less.

Let's unwrap it and lay it out:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The joining slots:

They don't look pretty,but who cares,they are straight and join up perfect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Slide in the lower handle slots into the rack slot:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next slide in the upper handle slots into the upper rack slots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

It's just that simple. You really have to be an idiot not to be able to put this together without instructions.

This rack is made of a sturdy plastic. The stands are milled.

I like that this item can break down and be stowed away. We stow them in our carry bag that my Mom made. Nice Multi Cam 1000 D Cordura.

As you can see it is very simple. Just break down the pod carrier and slide it into the bag. Put into your field bag or carry seprate from your other gear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very simple to close and carry. We used velcro to seal the end:

Posted Image

Once sealed,just carry away:

Posted Image

6/6/2011

So here we are at the final installment of this review.

Today I get a UPS delivery from GURU. Final replacement for my stands. Yea I know it took a while,but things happen. Machining issues,Major events,selling items to paintballers (which is a chore for any paintball dealer to do),having to fill bigger orders then mine.

Well to be honest the wait was worth it !!!! Today I received my final pod holders,but I also received the 24 pod connector. That's right a 24 pod connector. Now I can keep my two pod holders together instead of seperate. This has made the PIT CREW VERY HAPPY!!!!

Now all the pods can be in one place for the Pit Crew to load. Since I use 100rnd pods,this is perfect,because I can have two cases of paint on stand by. So reloading is going to be faster now. Drop empties in the box while the pre loaded pods are being put into the empty slots of my vest.

So pictures are worth a thousand words. These pictures show that not only will these work well with a Scenario team, but also with a Speedball team. No more stacking pods. It's just grab and go. Fast reload with a Paintball Jug/Caddy type unit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very Easy to lift and move around:

So if you have a few of these for your team,regardless of which set up you have,they will benefit the player or team.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So here it is all packed up and ready to go to the field.

Posted Image

So please visit my sponsor:

FirstClass Paintball

and pick up a few of these nice pod stands.

Later,
Blackrain :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users