• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playing on... What would you as a ref had done? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Pariah 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:48 PM

This past Sunday I played in a local tournament. In one of the games I managed to hit an opposing player on his slightly exposed knee. He obviously knew because he flinched when it hit him, yet he continued to play and ended up lighting my friend up like a christmas tree. Once i had confirmed the hit I made it known by yelling that he's out and for a ref to pull him. After a good 45 seconds of him bonus balling my friend, the refs finally got there and pulled him off the field. Normally I assume that would've been a penalty, yet he and only he got pulled. What I'm asking is essentially two things, 1. What would you have done if you knew a player was out and he kept shooting. And 2. What is the usual penalty in a 5 man tournament for playing on?

#2 User is offline   Delta Tyler 

• Putting the Ill in Illiterate
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta Heretic

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:20 PM

If the player was out, and (intentionally) played on, then I would inflict the proper penalty. What the penalty is depends on the tourney type (PSP, X-Ball, etc...), normally a 1 for 1, a point deduction, or 2 for 1.

#3 User is offline   BlueJoe 

• Paintball Is A Religion, Many Attend, Few Understand
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueJoe

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

View PostDelta Heretic, on Aug 2 2006, 06:20 PM, said:

If the player was out, and (intentionally) played on, then I would inflict the proper penalty. What the penalty is depends on the tourney type (PSP, X-Ball, etc...), normally a 1 for 1, a point deduction, or 2 for 1.

same with our tournys, if its 1v1 the deduction is 1, and if its 5 man, I think its 3 :S

-Joe

#4 User is offline   Stencil 

• UK Pumper. You heard!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stencil

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:17 PM

Yer, it's 3

#5 Guest_Jester3_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:28 PM

If it was me and he knew he was hit I'd pull a 1 for 1 (usual penalty) and if the bonus balling was really excessive I might pull another for that.

#6 User is offline   Mars 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

I agree with Delta Heretic. If the ref did not see that it was intentional, and did not get there right away because he was watching another situation, the ref did the right thing. The ref can't just take your word for it, no matter how right you were. He's got to see it happen to make the right call. But, if he did see it, he should follow whatever penalty is applicable to your format. No question.

#7 User is offline   hall13uk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:hall13uk

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:06 AM

i usally set up a firing squad ;)

god i hate it when players cheat, i have never ever cheated. the temptation is there but i never do it.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#8 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:18 PM

Simple: eject him for the day and log his name on a list of people who have been ejected for cheating. If it happens twice, he gets put on a list of banned individuals.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#9 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:51 PM

Since it was a 5-man tournement, I'd pull a 3-for-1.
Then, if he truly shot your friend as much as you say, further it by either ejecting him from the tournement (Him, not his team) or a point deduction. We had a similar situation occur at our last 3-Man. We pulled a 1-for-1 and ejected the offending player from the tournement. His team was allowed to play on, though they had to play with 2 men since they didn't have a sub.

We're pretty strict on playing on, only leaniante if the hit is somewhere you wouldn't notice as a player (top/outside of hopper, pods). However, Bonus Balling is a quick kick off the field. We dun lik it 'round herr!
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users