The Battle for Saigon
Big Game Scenario
The Vietnam War is in full swing, and the Viet Cong are planning an attack on Saigon! The U.S. held city, formerly a base of operations used to stage assaults on the V.C. installations in the surrounding countryside, is now preparing to defend itself from a massive Viet Cong attack.
United States: The U.S. military is a force to be reckoned with. With its superior training it can outsmart the enemy, and with its powerful Air Force it can quickly reinforce its armies or unleash a rain of napalm and rockets on a target area.
Subunit: The Green Berets: An elite ten-man team with superior infantry skills and enough clout to call in the heavy artillery whenever and wherever it is needed, or get a Huey to transport them practically anywhere on the battlefield. The Team consists of 5 riflemen and 5 snipers. The snipers are able to radio back to the U.S. base and call in air strikes on enemy emplacements.
The Viet Cong: The Viet Cong is a slightly less trained, although much more determined force intent on recapturing their capitol from the Imperialist invaders. If unconfirmed reports are true, they have been secretly amassing a large amount of mortars, and even a tank or two. The deadly combination of nationalism, numbers, and guerilla tactics could allow to the Viet Cong to emerge victorious.
Subunit: Shadow-Ops Mercenaries: Not much is known about this highly trained 10 man team other than the fact that they are extremely skilled at their jobs: stealth and sabotage. Using hidden tunnel networks, they can disappear and reappear as if by magic anywhere on the battlefield. The team consists of 5 riflemen and 5 explosives experts who specialize in calling in mortar strikes and destroying buildings key to the enemy effort, such as communications relaysâ€¦
Scenario: Session 1: While the VC generals are still planning their assault, the U.S. gets reports of heavy enemy activity in the hills surrounding the city, and the U.S. war machine is mobilized. All of the fighting in this stage of the battle takes place outside of the city.
1. Secure three of the five Strategic Control Points/Landing Zones for at least 30 minutes. Two of the Control points are Landing Zones, and additional reinforcements can be inserted via these key points.
2. Eliminate any high ranking Viet Cong officers who may be planning future assaults on U.S. positions.
1. No Viet Cong player may enter Saigon during this part of the game.
2. The U.S. gets 1 tank to aid in the assault.
3. The Green Beret can call for a "Huey" once every 30 minutes for insertion anywhere outside of Saigon, and can call in an airstrike once every 15 minutes on an enemy position. (strike must be within Line-Of-Sight)
4. The Shadow-Ops Mercenaries can insert via "tunnel network" anywhere outside of Saigon once every 20 minutes, and can call for a mortar strike once every 25 minutes. (strike must be within LOS)
5. If the U.S. captures a control point that is also an LZ, players can be inserted there until it is recaptured by VC forces.
6. If the U.S. forces hold three control points for 30 minutes (timer starts when the third is captured) they win the round. Alternatively, if all five are captured, they also win.
Scenario: Session 2: The assault on Saigon has begun! The U.S. gamely defends the city from waves of Viet Cong attackers, hoping that their defensive advantage will hold. All of the fighting in this game takes place within Saigon.
Viet Cong Objectives:
1. Destroy the U.S. embassy with the tank.
2. Capture the U.S. base (this will make it easier for the Shadow team to destroy the U.S. communications relay).
3. Capture the City Government Buildings
1. No U.S. player can leave Saigon during this part of the game
2. The VC forces have 1 tank to aid in the assault. This tank can be used to destroy the U.S. embassy.
3. The Shadow-Ops Mercenaries can insert anywhere outside of the inner U.S. base perimeter via "tunnel network" once every 30 minutes, and can call in a mortar strike once every 20 minutes. (within LOS)
4. The Green Berets can transport anywhere in the city via "Huey" once every 20 minutes, and can call in an airstrike anywhere within their LOS once every 25 minutes (provided the communications relay isn't down).
5. U.S. forces can only insert inside of the U.S. inner base perimeter.
6. If the Viet Cong complete all three objectives, they will be victorious.
Number of downloads: 26
This post has been edited by HOUND1: 08 February 2010 - 03:02 PM