• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ID Tags They're handy.

#1 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

I thought I might mention these, because I got in to a discussion with one of my friends. ID Tags (ID Discs, Dog Tags, etc.), can be really helpful if medical staff who need information. They're pretty handy in this regard, and they can be pretty cheap. Extremely useful if you ever get knocked unconscious.

It is recommended that you get a
red medical tag, so the doctor will be able to quickly look at it.

Things that can be put on your ID Tag:

- Name (Can be initials and last name, full name etc.)
- Religion
- Blood Type and RH Factor
- Known medical conditions (Use words like Asthma, which are realtively simple.)
- Known allergies
-Medications you are on.

Use any combination you want. Since I don't have allergies, it makes no sense for me to put it on the tag.

They're also useful if you travel a lot. In an emergency, a doctor can just look at the tag, and be given a wealth of information. Make sure you get a strong chain so they don't break off.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Edit
: I put a reminder for red on it. Credit goes to Pauvis, Knightwolf16, Marine Scout Sniper, and C9H13N03.

This post has been edited by deusexmachina55: 04 March 2008 - 11:36 AM

#2 User is offline   paintballfrk 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:01 PM

Just wondering, why does it matter to a doctor what your religion is?

#3 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:03 PM

That's useful if you have any special provisions in your religion for medical treatment. For instance, some have prohibitions on blood transfusions. So it can be important for some people. It came out of dog tags originally have religion listed if there was a specific funeral service requested.

#4 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

View Postpaintballfrk, on Feb 7 2008, 09:01 PM, said:

some religions, such as jevoiahs witness's, are not allowed to "eat" blood, of course they also think they cannot take any form of blood into there body, so they don't allow blood transfusions

but thats a good idea, i might do that, put my name, and home phone number on there, so they can call my parents
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#5 User is offline   light-u-up 

• Everybody needs seizures!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:light-u-up

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

I guess at a game if you do get knocked out and its serious it can be bad. I know at fox4 when there is an injury they have a cease fire and if they need to get the guy out they take everyone off the field, so that the right actions can be taken to get the injured person all set. I could see if the worst case of the worst case scenario happens. And you end up not remembering anything.

#6 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

Allergies and medical conditions should go on a red anodized tag by themselves.

#7 User is offline   sup909 

• DynamicInterplay.com
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sup

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

Is it really necessary for a paintball game? I mean really, the worse injuries I have seen are broken ankles. No one has been incapacitated. If you think you need something like that you probably need it all the time and one of the medical bracelets would be the best solution for you. That is the first place paramedics or doctors are going to look for your medical information anyways.

#8 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:30 AM

Ever tripped and fell on a rock?

That's why you should have one.

#9 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:03 AM

View Postpaintballfrk, on Feb 7 2008, 03:01 PM, said:

Chaplins are in hospitals bud :happy: If I get really messed up I want a chaplin.
"A shepard must attend his flock and at times fight off the wolves" - The Reverend in The Patriot

View PostC9H13NO3, on Feb 24 2008, 08:54 PM, said:

Allergies and medical conditions should go on a red anodized tag by themselves.

Yup. All medical staff in hospitals know to take special note of red anodized dog tags for that very reason.

View Postdeusexmachina55, on Feb 25 2008, 01:30 AM, said:

Ever tripped and fell on a rock?

That's why you should have one.

That's a very good reason. It will bust you up if your head makes contact at the right place. Or you could instantly die. Depends on how hard the blunt force trauma is.

My Tags.

I had some fun with my tags. One tag is a reminder of what I need to do each time out on the field. It is personified through one man in history.

So I pulled his info online (not his service record I don't have that kind of power, really none at all), and used the history of dog tags to recreate his first issued dog tags.

On the first tag is this

Hathcock II
Carlos N
One Shot
Long Tra-ng
Protestant (I have no idea if he was but it seemed right)

on the second tag is my info

Last Name
First Middle Initial
Drivers License Number
Scout Sniper
Christian

I don't believe in denominations I just profess Christ without contest so I got it stamped Christian.

Guy charged me twice for this individual tag stamping. He has to remove all the type and start over fresh so he can stamp the next tag.

I'd say it was worth it but I've always strived to be unique.

These tags I have are replicas of older tags. I wear them as my grandfather in the Navy would, no silencers.

(ahh I can hear it now.. "Are you nuts they'll clank without them.") So how do I keep them from clanking?

Well, even with silencers on your tags they'll still clank. If they hit each other on the flat sides together and not the edges they can clank. It happened to me when I used to own a pair as a kid.

So, I go old school. In WWII Commando units and snipers would tape them up. You can use electrical tape.

If you tape them up real good you can be certain they won't clank.

(What design tags do I have?)

They are Notched tags. Like the standard tags issued now but with a notch. The only reason notches were in the tags according to veterans was to hold the tag in place on the old machines so they could stamp the tags correctly.

Some time after WWII all armed forces agreed to go to the notched tags the army was issuing during WWII.

1970 All soldiers getting new tags were issued the current issued tags for the phasing out of the notched tags.

That's my tags. I have no major illnesses and no allergies.

I don't know my blood type.

I was told by an MD that in the ER and OR they type your blood on the spot so they know what they are dealing with right in front of them. So I left it off.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#10 Guest_TM SNPR_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:20 AM

View Postlight-u-up, on Feb 24 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

I know at fox4 when there is an injury they have a cease fire and if they need to get the guy out they take everyone off the field

errh, this is a great thing to do, but i have a bad knee and if something happens i dont want the whole game to stop while they carry me off the field....maybe the EMT will wear a mask while they get me off :(.....:happy:

#11 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

i'm seriously considering this, where did you get yours tagged, army surplus store? then again, i'm in uk, might be different here
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#12 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:28 PM

Yes I got mine at an army surplus store. He knew somebody. On a side note he's really cool. A Vietnam Marine Vet, he has a working M40A1 on the wall behind the counter and yes he takes it out and fires it sometimes too :wacko:

You can get any kind of dog tags you want online. Some, are more expensive than others.

WWII Navy/USMC tags are the most expensive, You also have black dog tags (But I heard the black can come off), WWII Army notched tags complete with M1940 chains, notched tags with ball chains (like I have), official issue tags with or without silencers, red anodized medical tags

They are like ice cream. Any "flavor" you want. :)

PM me if you want certain style tags, I'll likely be able to pull up someone online who can stamp them.

Some of them are in the UK. I did a lot of fishing around to really see what I wanted.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#13 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

View Postdogstile, on Feb 26 2008, 07:11 PM, said:

i'm seriously considering this, where did you get yours tagged, army surplus store? then again, i'm in uk, might be different here

I'm getting these when I go back up to Alberta.

#14 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

Well, I guess there is those too now :laugh:

Like Ice Cream I tell ya :)

Those are pretty nice too. I see they engrave those instead of stamp them. How are they worn with a chain?

#15 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:51 PM

There are two holes in the upper left and right. The chain goes through there.

I like them, because they can be snapped in half in case I die. :P

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users