• Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CAN77

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

is a PMR considered a high end gun?

#2 User is offline   Ragedman 

• There's my chip chip.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I have one, used it once...like π years.

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

Would believe so.

#3 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

The Rail wouldn't be anymore due to the amount of newer/better guns coming out nowadays. It's turning into more of an mid-level marker. It's not low end at all though. Mid-ish is where it'd be at if I had to choose.
-Ty

#4 User is offline   CAN77 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

I just wanted to ask your guy's opinion.

I have a friend and he has a PMR.

I think that they are good guns, I'd say mid-range, and good for the price.

Well, he is rather competitive, and whenever he gets around someone with a DM8, or an Angel, or an EGO, he starts to compare his gun. He doesn' know too much about paintball, and when ever he sees a gun that is higher grade, he starts to say: "my gun is just as good as yours, because I have ramping, and my pmr can shoot just as fast", and so on...

Yeah, its rather annoying.

I have a 2005 R.L. Intimidator, and when I bought it from a friend a few years ago when they were new, I promised at the time I would allways keep it in good condition, and I would soop up everything I could on it. Since then I have put over $300 dollars of upgrades on it.

So, when this kid gets his PMR he starts saying "My gun is better then your Timmy"

And I'm pretty sure anyone that has babyed their marker, and has put hundreds of dollars of upgrades into it, that they would sort of get edgy. I have put more MSRP value of upgrades into my gun then his gun cost now at MSRP.

So he continued to argue that his marker was just as good, or better then mine.

So I just gave up trying to explain to him, and ignored what he said, and said"ok, uh huh, yep"

Has anyone had that promblem?

#5 User is offline   WoodsSniper 

• R.I.P. Dime
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

One reason may be that his jealous and may be trying to convince himself he is on an equal level. Some people are just weird like that.
All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel. - Jimi Hendrix
Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=164293

My teams home field, take a look, especially if your from Mississippi
http://thomaspaintball.weebly.com/index.html

#6 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

It is easy...let him play a few games with a higher calibure gun. He will still claim his is just as good....right up untill he buys a better one.

I can say without a doubt that a day shooting a Droid would blow his mind...just make sure he plays the last game of the day with his PMR! It usually does not take long after an experience like that for a cocky player to upgrade!

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

View PostCAN77, on Oct 1 2008, 07:20 PM, said:

A PMR SE would be considered a highend marker if made by 90% of the manufactuers. I consider it mid-end. It's got a good feedneck and great barrel with low pressure spoolie design.

Now comparing things:

The 05 RL timmy is old body style and outdated to todays terms. Yes it was highend in 05 but any company that comes out with the same design today would be considered mid-end or lower end.

You have a marker that rocked in 05 but unfortunately today's technology makes it obsolete. If Bob Long developed the PMR SE today it would be highend.

Yes - the PMR is highend. Superior to the Defiant II which was rated highend.

#8 User is offline   Dusty1 

• Team Titans
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dusty1

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

I'd say let him have his opinion.He is just as proud of his PMR,as you are with your RL. Either of those markers are good in their own right,and each of you probably feel comfortable with your choices.What does make the difference,is your skill.People can upgrade their equipment to make any wallet scream for mercy,but how many of those upgrades ACTUALLY make a big difference in the preformance,or balance of it?No upgrade that I've ever saw,will magically make a players skill level jump to pro calibre,unless you concider many hours,weeks, months,and years of GOOD practice an upgrade.Let him/her talk all they want,hone your skills,know your equipment inside and out,and take this person out in the field and let the schooling start.By no means am I judging your skills here,just trying to make a point.
Cold Steel SL8R - Midnight Stealth SL94-
www.titanspaintball.com MVT 2009 Viper RTS Sherwood Forest

#9 User is offline   CAN77 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

View PostKrazy8, on Oct 1 2008, 11:20 PM, said:

It is easy...let him play a few games with a higher calibure gun. He will still claim his is just as good....right up untill he buys a better one.

I can say without a doubt that a day shooting a Droid would blow his mind...just make sure he plays the last game of the day with his PMR! It usually does not take long after an experience like that for a cocky player to upgrade!

Yeah, I have shot a Dorid, and they are amazing, Iwas thinking about saving up for one, but then I heard of rumors of New Mac Devs, so i want to see the new Mac Dev's and compare them to a droid, and see if I save up for one of them, or by used Droid from someone wanted to get the new Mac Dev. I'm excited to see what Mac Dev is coming up with.

View Postslinkyaroo, on Oct 1 2008, 11:31 PM, said:

View PostCAN77, on Oct 1 2008, 07:20 PM, said:

A PMR SE would be considered a highend marker if made by 90% of the manufactuers. I consider it mid-end. It's got a good feedneck and great barrel with low pressure spoolie design.

Now comparing things:

The 05 RL timmy is old body style and outdated to todays terms. Yes it was highend in 05 but any company that comes out with the same design today would be considered mid-end or lower end.

You have a marker that rocked in 05 but unfortunately today's technology makes it obsolete. If Bob Long developed the PMR SE today it would be highend.

Yes - the PMR is highend. Superior to the Defiant II which was rated highend.

I know what you are saying, it is like that with everything, everything outdates eventually, Computers, TVs, and Paintball

I completely agree that skill is more important then equipment.

I believe that everyone that starts paintball, should start with a first gun like, a 98c, or a spyder victor.

I did, my first gun was a mechanical single trigger spyder compact.

I actually think the worse the equipement the better it is for practice, as long as you know the equipment.

thanks for opinions so far

This post has been edited by Maj Tom: 03 October 2008 - 01:21 PM

#10 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

Well, when you make up your mind on a gun let me know. We should have a few used Droids for sale as soon as the new MD gun hits the market at World Cup.

BTW...you can quote multiple replies at a time and answer them all in one post saving you from post three and four times in a row...just click the "Quote" button in the replies you want, the button will turn red. then goto the bottom of the page and hit the "Add Reply" button.
That will take all the replies you want to answer and tag them in quotes for you in the reply window....all in a nice chronological order.
So much easier than multiposting.

#11 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

I know what you are saying, it is like that with everything, everything outdates eventually, Computers, TVs, and Paintball

Paintball especially gets outdated faster than other things. So many companies come out with new things constantly. It's hard to stay ahead for more than a few months :ghillie:. I'm always a few years behind. Then again, older school does rock IMO.
-Ty

This post has been edited by Ty29: 03 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

#12 User is offline   CAN77 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:05 AM

View PostKrazy8, on Oct 3 2008, 04:14 PM, said:

Well, when you make up your mind on a gun let me know. We should have a few used Droids for sale as soon as the new MD gun hits the market at World Cup.

BTW...you can quote multiple replies at a time and answer them all in one post saving you from post three and four times in a row...just click the "Quote" button in the replies you want, the button will turn red. then goto the bottom of the page and hit the "Add Reply" button.
That will take all the replies you want to answer and tag them in quotes for you in the reply window....all in a nice chronological order.
So much easier than multiposting.

Cool, when is the World Cup?

and thanks for that tip.

View PostTy29, on Oct 3 2008, 04:18 PM, said:

Paintball especially gets outdated faster than other things. So many companies come out with new things constantly. It's hard to stay ahead for more than a few months :P. I'm always a few years behind. Then again, older school does rock IMO.
-Ty

Yeah, your right, right after tourny season everyone was selling their old tourny guns, to get ready for the new model before the new models came out, because as soon as the new model came out from that manufacturer The last years model loose value right away.

#13 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

View PostCAN77, on Oct 4 2008, 10:05 AM, said:

Cool, when is the World Cup?

and thanks for that tip.

Around october 20th forget the exact dates though.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#14 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:32 AM

October 22-26, IIRC.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#15 User is offline   lacrossepaintball112 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:34 PM

the first gun i had was the tac 5 recon and it was as good as like a dm9 really i like wrapped it up i a whole lotta camo tape and put a stock on it and was shooting 20bps

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users