Special Ops Paintball: New Position - Small Armsman - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Position - Small Armsman Anything sub machine gun class and smaller Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dragon20 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:.DRAGON.

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

I got to thinking after the last couple times I played at the local indoor scenario field and I dominated with my pistol, I wish there were a small arms position. I would love to be able to count my kills with my pistol. Very soon I'm going to be rolling duel TPX's and I know I will do very well. Please consider this position, as I know with this site, the majority of it's members are scenario type players, that it will be a position of great popularity.

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

:D

#3 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:15 PM

Welcome.

Positions aren't gear specific, so if you want to keep track however you choose, you still can.

Also, the whole positions thing as a whole has somewhat diminished (ok, diminished a lot) since the days of old. I wouldn't worry too much about them, and just play however comes naturally for you. If you love playing pistol, do it. It's a lot of fun, and my only gripe is the cost of 12 grams.
Member of Team Akkadian

#4 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

There is nothing keeping you from counting your kills, the positions aren't gear specific. It's how you play that classifies you, so if you're up in peoples faces with the pistol like I usually am, if you wanted to count it kills, put it under dagger. And welcome to the forums, it's good to see a new member, if you have any other questions just post up and I'm sure everyone will be glad to help you out. :(

#5 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

Yea... id really liek it if we could get the whole positions rivalry back up... As far as i can see, this wont happen till SO realeases another DVD that will shatter its previous attempts at the Media scene or until next elite weekend (in 2012 :( )
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#6 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:23 PM

View Postedtoro, on Feb 8 2010, 08:35 PM, said:

Yea... id really liek it if we could get the whole positions rivalry back up... As far as i can see, this wont happen till SO realeases another DVD that will shatter its previous attempts at the Media scene or until next elite weekend (in 2012 :) )

seeing how SO has ... revamped.. who knows about elite weekend 2012, it would be awesome to go to.. but of course space is extremely limited on such an event, even if i could not buy/win my way in i would love to go to work for SO just for that weekend so at least i can say i was apart of it.

i dont think i would consider a pistol player a dagger

why?
well
1)the player is using a pistol, and by no means is a "light rifleman"
2)player is only carrying mags and 12g (unless if the player runs a remote for his or her set up)

now the concept of a pistol player is about the same as dagger

like the player has a LIGHT load, and the player should be quick on their feet to move in and take out suppressed targets.

now could a new position be created for just pistol players?? yes and no. it all depends how you look at it

if anything i would be all for a custom player slot, where if you are not a hammer, light, medium, heavy gunner, commander ect..

you can fill out what your position was.. but with all the add ons they have added over the years the list is pretty well covered.

This post has been edited by SO45615: 08 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#7 User is offline   Invictusone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictusone

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

if you want to track your kills with a pistol, take a position you will never play, and track it under that with a note "this is my pistol style" (or something to the effect) that reminds you or tells anyone else viewing that you are just using the random position to track a certain playstyle.
I'm not out here to glorify myself
If you are a Christian paintballer add this to your signature
Automaggot 150
--------------------------------------------------------------
My feedback: http://forum.special...howtopic=184491

#8 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

Slink.......you win. Fer Shur. :dodgy:

As to the OP: Dude....play whatever position you want. Make up anything! I play the NERD position. Its like.....the guy who always gets shot 'cause he was looking the other way. Every team needs one of those. I also play the douche position sometimes. You know....that guy who had one great play the whole day and can't stop rubbing it in....Yeah....I rock that. :P

The Spec Ops positions were not really official at any type of game or event outside of an SO-exclusive event. (IE: EW) So...yeah....they were not rules for basing gameplay off of. They were (and are) simply definitions of he different types of tasks that ANY PLAYER may perform in a given day/event. Hence the reason they ask you what position you MAINLY played that day when you log it. It is a guideline. I think they were useful definitions, and that they also helped hype up SO's stuff and created a market. Yep. I said Hype. But what's wrong with that? Gotta feed the kids somehow. And its not as if they sold you crap. Hype is what this market is all about.

**Flame-retardant suit - ON** All paintball companies try to create HYPE. They all try to generate excitement about their companies and their products. Ya know those companies making those $1000 electros? HYPE!!! Doesn't HAVE to cost nearly that much, but it does because of the brand, and the HYPE. The NAME is what carries the value. (I am not discussing quality in any way.) So if you wanna buy into the hype...go for it!

Anyways.....I think the next position I wanna play is TERMINATOR. You know.....the guy you can shoot a million times but never seems to die, so you're sure he's wiping so you end up running him down with your tank....
Now where am I going to get a hanglider to really make that work?
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users