• You cannot reply to this topic

Flatline Barrel Question Involving the shroud... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

I was cleaning my tippmann a5 today and i noticed that the barrel itself does not sit tight inside of the shroud. The shroud actually bangs against the barrel when the marker is moved, and i think it may be a problem. I was thinking about putting a piece of felt around the barrel, but i dont want to throw off the trajectory of the paintballs. Any suggestions?
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

It shouldn't be a problem. Many other barrels including some up to 21" don't have side support.

#3 User is offline   The Dakar 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

First, check to make sure everything is tightened down. The A-5 can rattle and roll a lot under heavy usage and screws do eventually come undone. If the BARREL itself is not seated fully, take the shroud off the adapter and tighten (GENTLY, don't deform the flatline) the small hex screw holding it in.
After all of that checks out, use a little neoprene padding or similar (I guess duck tape works too) and place a wedge above or below the barrel. Make sure when you do it that the barrel maintains its alignment. Last thing you want to do it push the barrel to the side and be shooting curve balls! (Okay a little dramatic, but even a slight tilt with the flatline has noticable curve past midrange!)
I used to think:
"So what if you shoot 15bps, but I only need to hit you with one"
Then I learned how much fun it is to hit someone once every 1/15th of a second!

#4 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:58 AM

View PostSteel Tiger, on Jun 30 2008, 07:53 PM, said:

I was cleaning my tippmann a5 today and i noticed that the barrel itself does not sit tight inside of the shroud. The shroud actually bangs against the barrel when the marker is moved, and i think it may be a problem. I was thinking about putting a piece of felt around the barrel, but i dont want to throw off the trajectory of the paintballs. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem, and I used electrical tape to fix it. Not a big deal. The electrical tape even stood up to me boiling the barrel multiple times.

#5 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:39 AM

If you put something in between the shroud and the barrel, such as electrical tape or felt, you can get rid of the *ping* after the shot. I know a guy on A5og put cotton balls in his shroud, & that helped reduce the vibrations.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#6 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

My friend put the little styrofoam beads that are in those little elastic pillows. They worked pretty good at "ping" reduction if I recall correctly.
-Ty :evil:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users