Special Ops Paintball: A5A2 Barrel - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A5A2 Barrel Help?

#1 User is offline   Ditt0 the Alien 

• You can run, but you will just die tired.
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ditt0 the Alien

Post icon  Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:56 AM

Hey I need a new barrel for my Spec Ops A5A2 because well the stock barrel just doesn't cut it for a sniper. Anybody want to help me out? I'm looking for a barrel with quietness, accuracy, and it can't be bright and colorful of course.

#2 User is offline   pbsniper 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:LOADEDSNIPER

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

Try a PPS 12" dual ported black matte brass barrel. I have one and its REALLY quiet and REALLY accurate. And its black matte so no shinyness. Although the A5 will never be "quiet", it will be quieter than the stock barrel. And if your getting it on an A5A2 you should have some sort of regulator to keep the velocity consistent. Then you would have a great sniping weapon. The only downside is that its like $120. Worth it though.
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -Glenn Palmer

Sabre # 163 - If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done

"I think I'm going to make a broad patent on "crap". Then SP will have to pay me royalties for every marker they make." -JerseyPaint

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

The one that comes with it is pretty decent. Most other barrels won't be noticeably more accurate. The difference will be in sound and air efficiency.

Palmer's dual ported brass barrels will have both of those. If you like the old school look you can get it in bare brass and just let it oxidize. Otherwise, a powder coat works pretty well. According to Mann's barrel test every two inches of barrel length takes off about 1dB of sound. But it's more important to find a length you are comfortable with. 8-12 inches of unported length is the rule of thumb. An 10-14 inch Palmer's barrel with porting fits that criteria. The porting is about 2 inches in length. 14'' can feel rather long though. Even with the quietest barrel in the world it won't make your marker "quiet" relatively speaking - it can take off the edge.

J&J Ceramic Barrels are liked quite a bit if the high price of Palmer's dissuades you. They are of pretty good quality for the price. Again, there are no magical barrels that have amazing accuracy over another, but it can reduce your sound almost as much. The biggest loss here is in air efficiency. The unported length is a little short and on top of that the ball has to travel down a rather long ported section. For the most part I've never heard of any durability problems, but if you do happen to take a nose dive and damage your barrel it won't be as easy of a fix as a metal barrel.

This post has been edited by Piller: 29 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

you may be able to go c-series

#5 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:30 AM

View PostDitt0 the Alien, on Jan 29 2008, 11:56 AM, said:

Hey I need a new barrel for my Spec Ops A5A2 because well the stock barrel just doesn't cut it for a sniper. Anybody want to help me out? I'm looking for a barrel with quietness, accuracy, and it can't be bright and colorful of course.

STIFFI C-series barrels, quieter than all other barrels besides other stiffi barrels that are quieter than the c-series but 2-X more expensive, more accurate than other barrels besides none C-series barrels by stiffi, and the decrease is not really noticable if there is one like there supposidly is, and it is carbon fiber son it will NOT shrink or expand and it blends in. You can get them at the spec ops store.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users