• You cannot reply to this topic

Spring Problem Tippmann 98c Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nelos 

• Master of my domain.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Nelos

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hey guys, I'm having some troubles with my 98c that I can't seem to figure out. Recently I purchased a brand new power tube for it so my cyclone feed would work, but the spring that absorbs the shock between the bolt and the power tube between each fire got messed up. I have tried cutting off a new spring from a spare that I have, and for a bit it works fight, until I point my marker up in the air while it's cocked. Whenever I do that, the spring comes slides off the.. stem or w/e you want to call it, and causes my marker to jam when it gets caught between the bolt and the powertube. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm afraid to use it in a game without the spring there even though the marker still works fine. Does anyone know if I will damage my the piece that goes inside the powertube if I play without the spring absorbing some of the shock?

#2 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

best option is to call tippmann and have them send you a new one....

#3 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

Call up tippmann tech support and tell them the issue. Usually they will just send you a replacement part free of charges. At the most you will have to pay the shipping on the part.
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#4 User is offline   davmitchell77 

• juggalo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:paintballmagnet

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

measure the length of the old and new powertube. it doesn't take much difference to cause problems.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users