• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mask Lenses Not sure if this should go in hard goods or soft goods

#1 User is offline   Crae Z Azian 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

We all know that you can get different colored lenses for masks(amber, smoke, ect.) What if you just had regular clear lenses but you had lens covers that hooked on to the clear ones on your mask? The lens covers were all the different colors and you could swithch covers without having to take off your mask to ajust on the fly during a game. This would allow you to have maximum visibility all the time.

On my field there is a giant fort feild that is surrounded by woods. In the woods, especialy during the spring and summer, light does not penetrate through the trees and it is darker than on the fort field. If you had the lens covers you could easily switch during the game.

PS: Sorry for the spelling/Grammar

This post has been edited by Crae Z Azian: 30 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

#2 User is offline   FrozenCannuk 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sled_Neck270

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

I'm not entirely sure that would work... like your thinking a fabric deal? it'd probably get scratched up easy, and i don't even know if they can do that, have a see-through, yet tinted fabric. i've never heard of one. i think this one falls in the "in our dreams" catagory
Stupidity killed the cat, Curiosity was blamed.
Vegetarian- (adj) An old Navajo word for "Bad Hunter"
Jesus may be able to walk on water, but chuck norris can swim through dry land
Some people are alive for the simple reason that it is illegal to shoot them
My feedback My Wishlist How To Prevent Gear Theft

#3 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

Sounds kind of like Goggle Skinz.
For example:
Posted ImagePosted Image

They are a sticker printed on a window screen like material. Being a sticker they'll be nice and snug to the lens and less likely to more. Using your concept of a soft version.. They'd have to be very snug. If they are loose then the wind could cause it to ripple and impair your vision. Your idea could make cleaning lenses more difficult.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#4 User is offline   FrozenCannuk 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

Ya i wasn't thinking last night, but you go go out and buy yourself a cheap pair of sunglasses, blue, yellow, amber, whatever, and just make sure it comes with a good hard case, and carry that around. All you'd have to do is find some cover and quickly take your mask off and put um on. Probably cheaper and easier than buying multiple lenses. Only problem is they might fog, but it won't be so bad if the fit relatively tightly to your face, and anti-fog shouldn't hurt them either.

#5 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

View PostFrozenCannuk, on Feb 8 2009, 01:29 PM, said:

Ya i wasn't thinking last night, but you go go out and buy yourself a cheap pair of sunglasses, blue, yellow, amber, whatever, and just make sure it comes with a good hard case, and carry that around. All you'd have to do is find some cover and quickly take your mask off and put um on. Probably cheaper and easier than buying multiple lenses. Only problem is they might fog, but it won't be so bad if the fit relatively tightly to your face, and anti-fog shouldn't hurt them either.

never take your mask off, cover or not

#6 User is offline   FrozenCannuk 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

I know it can be pretty stupid, but i don't play on any big fields with DOO DOOloads of people, its usually just me and my buddies, and i would never do it in a big game like that. But if you know there's no one nearby, without a doubt, then taking 2 seconds to throw on a pair of sunglasses on or off, so you won't end up walking into an ambush or get shot squinting into the sun, it can be worth a very well thought out, risk, but it depends entirely on the player.

Edit: spelling and grammar

hi, half blind guy here some of you know me as 1-i
couldnt help but notice that this is a colosially bad idea.
you see taking a mask off during a game is just all around bad.
how bad?
well we have a lovely section of saftey that has some very informative threads such as 'Real eye meets a paintball'. really its probally one of the best explainations as to why you should keep your mask on.

This post has been edited by 1-I: 20 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

#7 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:59 PM

View PostFrozenCannuk, on Feb 8 2009, 09:28 PM, said:

I know it can be pretty stupid, but i don't play on any big fields with DOO DOOloads of people, its usually just me and my buddies, and i would never do it in a big game like that. But if you know there's no one nearby, without a doubt, then taking 2 seconds to throw on a pair of sunglasses on or off, so you won't end up walking into an ambush or get shot squinting into the sun, it can be worth a very well thought out, risk, but it depends entirely on the player.

trust me, i know exactly what your saying, but its just not worth it to put yourself in even that much danger for a better view, i did the same thing your talking about at one of the first games i played, it seemed like there was no one there, and as i started to take of my mask [fogging up] my friend came pretty much out of nowhere and started shooting, its just not worth it, if its really bad go to a safe zone or something

This post has been edited by scubasteve186: 09 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

#8 User is offline   FrozenCannuk 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

View Postscubasteve186, on Feb 9 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

trust me, i know exactly what your saying, but its just not worth it to put yourself in even that much danger for a better view, i did the same thing your talking about at one of the first games i played, it seemed like there was no one there, and as i started to take of my mask [fogging up] my friend came pretty much out of nowhere and started shooting, its just not worth it, if its really bad go to a safe zone or something

Ya your probably right. I haven't done it very many times, but murphy's law, if it can happen it will happen, eventually...

Scratch my advice then, safety isn't my highest priority (almost every 16 years old thinks he's invincible, and i ain't no different)

#9 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

View PostFrozenCannuk, on Feb 19 2009, 11:22 PM, said:

View Postscubasteve186, on Feb 9 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

Ya your probably right. I haven't done it very many times, but murphy's law, if it can happen it will happen, eventually...

Scratch my advice then, safety isn't my highest priority (almost every 16 years old thinks he's invincible, and i ain't no different)

lol, dont worry, im 16 to, i just learned the hard way

#10 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

you are promoteing unsafe play.

This post has been edited by T-Freak: 20 February 2009 - 10:49 AM

Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

View PostT-Freak, on Feb 20 2009, 12:48 PM, said:

you are promoteing unsafe play.

its ok, we covered it

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users