• You cannot reply to this topic

Cleaning my gun? How much and how often Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Duhon_robert 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Duhon_robert

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

I play scenario Ball at 12 hr - 28 hr games most of the time!

I own 6 tippmanns and Do not clean them after every game. I have found it is better to clean them after every few games like 3 - 4 big games this will allow your gun to seal better.

You want to clean the insides of the tippmann really well soak them in some Teflon spray and let them dry. I have found this allows for better movement in the gun and doesnt mess with the orings.
Robert King Spam Duhon
Kingspam@Teamfoxtrot.com
www.Teamfoxtrot.com

www.Hammerheadpaintball.com
www.Tacticalpaintball.com
www.savephace.com

#17 User is offline   Voodoo Child 

• Voodoo Child the Prophet of Battle
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Voodoo Child

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:21 AM

Ok heres a few tips. I am a Tippmann Man and I love everything they make. To cut down on the apparent wear of your parts I recommend taking it apart and oiling the o ringss and even the ball detent after every game. I also recommend to go out and buy some of that canned air that is used in the cleaning of computers. I took an emery cloth (really fine sand paper used in polishing metals) and used it to polish the inside of my reciever after taking all the parts out of it. I see someone recommended steel wool but I am iffy about that, the steel wool can leave behind fibers that if left in the marker by accident can totally wear down parts. After polishing it with the emery cloth, blow it out with the air, the same goes for the valve and other metal parts. I also recommend replacing the power tube with an aluminum tube. I also replaced all of the fittings and parts on my cyclone feed, they have Vortex mod kits for that. The X7 will shoot faster and be more air efficient especially if you are using an egrip like I am doing on mine. Now if you want to go really hard core, you can find a sand blaster and see if he will take about 1/100 of an inch off of your flatline barrel, if you have one. There are grooves in that barrel you dont want to get rid of them, you just want to make them shallower, the accuracy increased with mine and I could shoot tighter groups in single and three round bursts after that. Another recommendation is to have a white towel with a low nap that you take apart your gun on. Just place the parts on it as you take them off, old light colored carpet swatches work good for this also. Ok I admit I am a fanatic, but I hope this helps you out.

Hooah,
-V-

#18 User is offline   13th Angel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostly Angel

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:25 PM

View PostJNelson4850, on May 16 2008, 05:39 AM, said:

if you have an A5/X7 just make sure the thing is un-cocked so the drive spring doesn't launch across the room when you remove the pins... If you do get stuck and the manual looks foreign I'm sure someone here can walk you through it...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH........So true... that bugger's dangerous. My cat ended up finding it when I cleaned my friend's gun.

As far as Tippmann's go? Buddy of mine has a 98 that manages to shoot rocks and sand..... (VERY bad idea) They're very durable as far as mechanics go and that's awesome. Fortunately you can grind more outta a tippy than any other gun I've shot. Does that mean you shouldn't clean it? Hell no. It all comes to how down and dirty you chose to get. Like previous suggestions, a ball break is a must but knowing the way I play, crawling through dirt, Sitting in piles of leaves etc I clean my BT-4 during lunch and you'd be surprised what manages to get in there. Average is every time/two times playing for moderate play. Remember, There is NEVER any such thing as too much lube/grease...heh. (well, until it gets into your noid =p)

Just my very long .02

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users