• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dont buy the $5 jumpsuit some fields.. sell them... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:39 PM

if a jumpsuit is what you are going to rely on for camo... and hoping that your "clothes" will not get ruined... well guess what..

your better off saving the $5 for a hot dog and water..

when i went today.. i noticed there was 5-6 guys.. with rentals... in jumpsuits that looked like camo painted hospital gowns..

and i asked them if the suit was a rental or if they purchased them.. they said they were $5 and they keep them...

now i figured they would rip.. but they played a few games and no rips at all..

well.. the one game i sat out to grill and what not...... they all came back and all of their suits were RIPPED up.

Soooo...... if you and your friends want to go try paintball.. you are better off spending real money on real camouflage, or just going in a pair of clothes that you could care less if they get muddy / dirty / ripped..

Please keep that in mind, and spend wisely..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#2 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

to counter your point,
$5 jump suites do sound pretty nifty from a field owner perspective.
new players show up, completely wrong type of dress for the game,
"i dont wanna get my clothes dirty, its going to stain, tommy hillfiger doesnt like dirt, im spoiled"
all pretty common statements from the inexperienced to the game, in fact ive seen potental players get back in the car and leave because of those reasons.
for $5 a basic jumpsuit seems pretty niffty.

now thin/rippable or not, look at the plus side, cheap and simple.
probally packs well and would work for an emergency set of camo or for a loner set you can easily not worry about.

course something as thin as you speak of, and nursing scrubs certainly are shouldnt be the camo investment you want for the long term but keep in mind that they do have some nice advantages in life.

bet they breath well too.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#3 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

they're actually great for people (friends and walkons) who are out for their first trip. yeah, it's kind of an "i'm a noob, please treat me like one" sign (which is also why I own about a half dozen of them i got for a buck apeice when the local proshop went out of business :laugh:) but for people who dressed wrong? they're light, they rip easily, and aren't really worth keeping, but they'll save your clothes.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#4 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

or if fields just kept a stock of regular jumpsuits they could rent them, get them back, and wash em. easy revenue.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#5 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

If I ever owned a field, I would go out and buy some old military camo. You know, the older stuff, the stuff that looks like camo blotches rather than a camo pattern. Those are very durable and work wonders, plus they are not expensive to buy.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#6 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, those jump suits are garbage! The field I go to sells them and everyone that gets them plays a game and the legs rip, the arms rip, they are made out of the cheapest cloth china can sell us...

Note: Do not buy this gabage!

This post has been edited by Minnesota Sn1p3r: 26 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#7 User is offline   silenthornet 

• Insert witty phrase here
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:silenthornet

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Jumpsuits are an essential last-ditch, "You newb..." item fields should carry. I've seen older folks and kids, desk zombies and "g4nst4z," and even the occasional experienced player arrive at a field and realize what he's wearing isn't going to cut it. Yes, they're not great quality. Yes, they will rip. Yes, they will be ruined within the day... but it's better than ruining whatever expensive clothes you stupidly brought for a day of paintball.

Military surplus jumpsuits are great. BDUs, flight suits, anything olive green and coverall. Old USAF flight suits are particularly good, just solid green jumpsuits that are pretty tough.
It is dark. You are likely to be flanked.

#8 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

View Postsilenthornet, on Oct 26 2009, 11:23 PM, said:

Jumpsuits are an essential last-ditch, "You newb..." item fields should carry. I've seen older folks and kids, desk zombies and "g4nst4z," and even the occasional experienced player arrive at a field and realize what he's wearing isn't going to cut it. Yes, they're not great quality. Yes, they will rip. Yes, they will be ruined within the day... but it's better than ruining whatever expensive clothes you stupidly brought for a day of paintball.

Exactly, paintball is not about fashion, it's about having fun and playing. So what if they rip a little bit? Or get muddy, I would rather ruin clothes that were $5 than $50 clothes.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#9 User is offline   FIFTY CAL 

• 1 shot... 1 miss... OH **** RUN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIFTY CAL

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

View PostFlorentine, on Nov 18 2009, 01:47 PM, said:

View Postsilenthornet, on Oct 26 2009, 11:23 PM, said:

Exactly, paintball is not about fashion, it's about having fun and playing. So what if they rip a little bit? Or get muddy, I would rather ruin clothes that were $5 than $50 clothes.

QFT
|Posted Image
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users