• You cannot reply to this topic

Hamilton Ontario!! Looking for players Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ColonelD 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ColonelD

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

I am looking to start a team in Stoney Creek Ontario. I personnally live in Winona where me and some friends are building a practice field at our farm. I have very limited experience and almost no funds, but meh, teams have to start from somewhere. In terms of time, I would be willing to dedicate as much as possible. If anyone is interested let me know, I look forward to hearing from you.

Also, if anuyone lives near winona/stoney creek and already has a team or is willing to start something, let me know, I really am looking forward to starting a team or just learning from an experienced player in my area.

This post has been edited by ColonelD: 14 October 2007 - 04:40 PM

#2 User is offline   Dragon76 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dragon76

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:41 PM

If i was a bit closer i would for sure. I'm in London, but i dont drive. I've you're ever up this way though send me a message.

#3 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

My home field is SOF Paintball in Mount Hope, just outside of Hamilton, although I live in Oakville. I already have a team (two, actually), but I'd be glad to play with you some time, probably in the summer :D.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#4 User is offline   ColonelD 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ColonelD

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

I've been to SOF multiple times. Actually, it's the only "real" field I have ever been to.

This may sound stupid, but if you form a team, do you have to register it anywhere? Also, how do teams go about getting sponsers? Like what is the incentive for people to sponser you?

#5 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

No, team's don't need to be registered. Unless you're competing for something, then you just register for the tournament/league. Getting sponsors is hard. Get experience, go to scenarios/tournaments, get recognized. Then, if you haven't been approached, see if you can get sponsored by a small local store, not even necessarily a paintball store. Remember this: sponsorships are not for your benefit. They are for the benefit of the sponsor. Your job is to get recognized and direct sales to them; their job is to get your recognized and do better so they can find sales. If they give you $200 of gear, it's not free, because they expect more than that in directed sales. If you write a sponsorship letter, put together a portfolio and try to present it in person. Include a group photo, list of events attended and placing achieved if it was a competition, events organized, etc. Tell them what you can do for them, not what they should do for you.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#6 User is offline   SV-Headshot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SV-Headshot

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:15 AM

Nice explanation Z3RO. If you want to speak to another captain about setting up some games between teams or getting sponsors and stuff shoot me a PM. MTS would be happy to play you guys and help ya out, We got guys all over the area from myself in brantford, zero in oakville, twiggy (not registered in the forums) in hamilton, and Carvs in kitchener.

Pump Owner #131 Go Pumps!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users