Special Ops Paintball: Slide Check is leaking badly - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slide Check is leaking badly Here's the solution! Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#46 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

Gollum, on Apr 20 2007, 02:41 PM, said:

Mr. Evil Fingers,

Old post I know, but had to shoot you a line to say thanks.....I'm playing tommorrow morning bright and early and as I testing my gear I notice a massive leak in the slide check.....post saved my butt....thanks.... ;)

Youre quite Welcome bro.
0

#47 User is offline   PUNISHMENT 

  • I shoot, I scoot, I just wish I could aim.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 416
  • Joined: 11-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:c-ville,IN
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

probably bringing up a dead thread, but my slide check died. i did everything youe said, changed o-rings, oiled it, and called a paintball tech, but everything ive done hasnt worked. it worked fine forever, then one day just stopped working before a game. could it be that he slide check just got old and died? im thinking of getting a new one, will any regular slide check work? help is appreciated.
They call me PUNISHMENT. Care to find out why?
if you let your girlfriend play paintball better than you, put this in your sig.
Soon to be member of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS. Where the hardcore kids play.
WTB: Planet Eclipse '07 EGO for $700 or less. must be in great shape.
WTB: a crossfire 68/45 HP tank RED for less than $140 (must be in great shape, still under hydro)
Special Ops Counter-Sniper #1 wanna be one? follow the link.
0

#48 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:59 PM

PUNISHMENT, on Aug 12 2007, 07:55 PM, said:

probably bringing up a dead thread, but my slide check died. i did everything youe said, changed o-rings, oiled it, and called a paintball tech, but everything ive done hasnt worked. it worked fine forever, then one day just stopped working before a game. could it be that he slide check just got old and died? im thinking of getting a new one, will any regular slide check work? help is appreciated.


A Dead Slide Check...thats a New One.

Have you checked and cleaned the Two Holes of your Slide Check, because most likely theyre probably clogged with Paint, Dirt or anything that can get into the holes.
0

#49 User is offline   Postasuchus 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 24-July 07

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:51 AM

ciphyre, on May 9 2006, 01:43 AM, said:

Evil Fingers, on Sep 29 2005, 02:35 AM, said:

Ok, you guys have been waiting on what I was talking as an alternative to a Slide Check on a Remote Line.

I received this in the mail http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images/fitti...on-off-blue.jpg

I couldnt install it right away because I had to go to work but, as soon as I got home from work, I removed the existing Slide Check on my Pure Engery Remote Line and placed the on/off valve and after putting some plumbers tape aka Teflone Tape on the threads, to assure there were no leaks.....it works flawlessly.

Here are 2 pics on what it looks like on a Remote Line

In the 1st pic the valve is open
Posted Image
In the 2nd pic the valve is closed
Posted Image


How has the replacement for the slide check been working out? Any issues with it accidently getting turned off during play?

I had the same problem of blowing o-rings when I connected my gun. Guess what, the slide check, the round thingy that slides, was on BACKWARDS! I flipped it the other way and it worked like a charm. On the slide, one end is chamfered and the other is flat. You want the flat end toward your gun. Try it. It works.
0

#50 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:09 AM

Postasuchus, on Sep 1 2007, 10:51 AM, said:

I had the same problem of blowing o-rings when I connected my gun. Guess what, the slide check, the round thingy that slides, was on BACKWARDS! I flipped it the other way and it worked like a charm. On the slide, one end is chamfered and the other is flat. You want the flat end toward your gun. Try it. It works.

You may want to contact a Mod about your post, because you quoted the wrong Post.

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 06 September 2007 - 12:13 AM

0

#51 User is offline   Ether83 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 19-November 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

I found that valve. It's 12 bucks. Here is the link... disregard if the exact link was posted previously. The link in evil fingers post went directly to the photo, this will take you to the page where it can be purchased. I think I am going to grab one. Just need this and some teflon tape.

Evil Fingers, on Sep 28 2005, 11:35 PM, said:

Ok, you guys have been waiting on what I was talking as an alternative to a Slide Check on a Remote Line.

I received this in the mail http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images/fitti...on-off-blue.jpg

I couldnt install it right away because I had to go to work but, as soon as I got home from work, I removed the existing Slide Check on my Pure Engery Remote Line and placed the on/off valve and after putting some plumbers tape aka Teflone Tape on the threads, to assure there were no leaks.....it works flawlessly.

Here are 2 pics on what it looks like on a Remote Line

In the 1st pic the valve is open
Posted Image
In the 2nd pic the valve is closed
Posted Image

0

#52 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 25 December 2007 - 03:38 PM

Thank You for pointing that out Ether83, but its pretty obvious as to where the Product in the Pic is located, since the URL bares the Name of the Store where one can purchase almost anything involving Air Fittings and many other useful items.
0

#53 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 472
  • Joined: 04-August 07

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:39 PM

ok well how the hell do u get the snap ring off i mean that thing just wont budge please help me i swear its impossible
0

#54 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:12 PM

Sniper Hunter19, on Dec 28 2007, 11:39 AM, said:

ok well how the hell do u get the snap ring off i mean that thing just wont budge please help me i swear its impossible

Go back to Page 1 and look for a Tool that says Needle Nose Pliers.
0

#55 User is offline   mrwaffles 

  • Part time crazy person
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 145
  • Joined: 17-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Brigade Name:Mrwaffles

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

So a remote line w/ slide check only has 2 o-rings and they are tank o-rings (in size), correct? I have a Pure Energy remote line w/ slide check if that matters at all (which im sure it does not, but listed just in case).

Thanks.
0

#56 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

mrwaffles, on Jun 5 2008, 06:08 PM, said:

So a remote line w/ slide check only has 2 o-rings and they are tank o-rings (in size), correct? I have a Pure Energy remote line w/ slide check if that matters at all (which im sure it does not, but listed just in case).

Thanks.

You are correct, the Two O-rings inside a Slide Check is the same size as the O-ring on a HPA/Co2 Tank.
0

#57 User is offline   JSC_liason_neo 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 298
  • Joined: 06-June 06
  • Location:Adelaide, Australia

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:25 AM

thanks for the help,
i found the black orings dont work, but the white ones do
Supporting
Paintballsports.com.au / Blast Radius Podcast / Webdog Radio
Woodsball in Adelaide, SA, Australia
0

Share this topic:


  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users