• You cannot reply to this topic

Need Costume Assistance Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Terriss 

• I am the ghillie cowboy.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Terriss

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:59 AM

So I've decided to be pyramid head for Halloween this year. I know how to make his helmet, but I'm having some trouble with his apron/skirt thing. I would get in a lot of trouble in school if I went in without a shirt on, so I figured like a full body, tan colored apron would do alright.

I have been surfacing around the net to find something, but I am having some trouble. Thus far the closest thing I could find that would work would be something like this:

http://www.gemplers.com/product/10348/Silv...rotective-Apron

The only problem is, obviously, its not the right color.

Anybody know where I can find something that might work? I'm not asking that you spend hours google searching for a tan work apron. If you happen to know of a site or a product that may be of some assistance then by all means, post.

Here is the sample pic that I'm referencing off:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/mrb...pyramidhead.jpg

98% of teenagers have tried pot. If your the 2% who havent, put this in your sig.

Writer's Unite! Join the UFWU! (Unofficial Facebook Writer's Union).

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:04 AM

have you tried uniform sites? Like companys that make uniforms for other comapnies. Like the generic doctors smock and such, as well as like cooks clothing and stuff. They might have what you want, and usually they have a wide range of colors. I don't know any sites off hand, but i am sure google could pull up some.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   SubMiler 

• Pistolero
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:07 AM

Haha wow. I have a funny story about costume assistance and it's the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title.

Anyway. You can probably get by with a tan colored under armor shirt underneath a regular apron.

Or you can go real low budget:
http://www.flippeh.de/funPics/toLazyToRena...amid%20head.jpg

But I need to start getting my costume together. Me and a bunch of friends are getting flight suits and going as wingmen. And yes, we will be wingmen for each other during the night. I know where I can find the suit & aviator glasses, but I'm trying to find some patches and maybe a fighter helmet. It will be glorious.

#4 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

If you get the helmet, what is the point of the avaiators?
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LoD

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:21 AM

What is Pyramid Head from?

I second the suggestion as to maybe finding a tan colored under armour, if they make them, and just a white robe or apron, maybe?

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#6 User is offline   SubMiler 

• Pistolero
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:27 AM

View PostLoD, on Aug 4 2008, 10:21 AM, said:

What is Pyramid Head from?

I second the suggestion as to maybe finding a tan colored under armour, if they make them, and just a white robe or apron, maybe?

I think it's Silent Hill 2... Haven't played that game in a long time though so I'm not sure.

View PostSteel Tiger, on Aug 4 2008, 10:10 AM, said:

If you get the helmet, what is the point of the avaiators?

Ever spend an entire night just walking around with a helmet on? Although I may dump it since I don't want carry a helmet around all night and will end up losing it.

#7 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:50 AM

geez... that thing is scary as BOINK

it looks kinda like its just a dress though (from the picture)
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#8 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:53 AM

if you have xbox live, download the too human video diaries, one of them has some guy making one for some weird party
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

#9 User is offline   Darkwind 

• "Onward to Victory"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Darkwind

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:33 AM

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:51 AM

those things are scary in the first silent hill it ripped a chicks skin off i almost puked
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#11 User is offline   MASER 

• I am SciFi
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MASER

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

maybe try a cooking store for the apron. The will be more cloth based as apposed to to plastic based like you would get in an industrial supply shop. - When I see that guy/monster, I think of butcher

Maybe this apron in white? http://www.hickoryri...com/ds-224.html

If you can find one made of a heaver cloth, you can ruff it up a little with an electric sander the get some used grease and smear it on the apron. The get some fake blood and do the same (smear and splatter). The let it cake on for a few days. If you want you can add some "fresh blood" before you wear it.

Hope that helps.

Binary Specter: Scenario Paintball Team
"Haven't you read the Super Villain's Handbook? This is where you're supposed to twirl your mustache and gloat."
"We're not going in circles, nimrod, 'cause we've never been here before. We're completely lost."

#12 User is offline   Terriss 

• I am the ghillie cowboy.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Terriss

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:01 AM

View PostMASER, on Aug 4 2008, 03:51 PM, said:

maybe try a cooking store for the apron. The will be more cloth based as apposed to to plastic based like you would get in an industrial supply shop. - When I see that guy/monster, I think of butcher

Maybe this apron in white? http://www.hickoryri...com/ds-224.html

If you can find one made of a heaver cloth, you can ruff it up a little with an electric sander the get some used grease and smear it on the apron. The get some fake blood and do the same (smear and splatter). The let it cake on for a few days. If you want you can add some "fresh blood" before you wear it.

Hope that helps.

That's what I was thinking, but I was making sure that someone had a better idea.

98% of teenagers have tried pot. If your the 2% who havent, put this in your sig.

Writer's Unite! Join the UFWU! (Unofficial Facebook Writer's Union).

#13 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:04 AM

if i saw someone dressed like that anywhere near me i would run
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#14 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

I know there was a picture of a kid in one of those costumes in game informer a few months back, you could look for that picture.

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#15 User is offline   Stang  

• Invictus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

How about a tan(white?) under armor shirt and then you can get an apron or make a toga like thing out of a sheet or something.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users