• You cannot reply to this topic

Apple Apple 101 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Silvrdog 

• De dog is in da house...
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:56 AM

Posted Image

1st of all this discussion is not a Flame War or my PC is bigger then your Apple.

I have noticed that a lot of people seem to think that Apple computers are non compatible or they don't have any games or cool software available to use.

What they don't seem to realize is that they are wrong.

True, we don't have many New action games like Call of Duty 4 or Halo 1-3, but we still have Doom 3, Call of Duty 1-2, Unreal Tournament 2004 (Great), Ages of Empires 3 and many others.

In fact we have lots of software programs and games that Windows doesn't have.

Creative Software

Games

Web/Video

Audio and Music

Our Apples are just as pretty, powerful and fast as your Windows...

24-inch HD screen 2.8GHz (3.06GHz is available) 1TB Drive 4GB memory

The latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors run at speeds up to 3.06GHz with advanced 45-nm process technology and 6MB of shared L2 cache.

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS and 512MB of dedicated video memory

Heck, Apples are just more pretty...
Posted Image

So my point is Apples are just as GOOD as PC/Windows. Windows can also be accused with not having compatible software. Its a 50/50 highway.
They who sacrifice liberty for safety...deserve neither.

~Benjamin Franklin~

People need not fear their Government, but the Government should fear their people.

#2 User is offline   bubba3 

• Im a lil bord... and my dad's a big plank :)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bubba3

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:03 AM

macs are better than pc
If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig I work at a hospital cleaning for my PB gear...and save change lol
stuff for sale my myspace feedback+32/-0 my brigade Tippmann Owner #23 ha you no see me!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

#3 User is offline   SabreUK 

• Lounge Monkey
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Who cares?

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:04 AM

Silvr wins.
Most people who make such accusations that Apple is non compatible or whatever know very little about what they are talking about.
The educated people with a balanced opinion don't rip Apple, but they don't rip PC either.
They both have their advantages. I don't understand why, whenever I mention my Macs to a friend, they start yapping on about software and what-have-you, when they don't know what they're on about.
Anyway, I'll leave it there, I've written too many essays today. :)

This post has been edited by SabreUK: 07 May 2008 - 08:04 AM

#4 User is offline   Spartan 117 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 117

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:43 PM

I would like a Mac but, Canadians get ripped off bad! My current computer was half the price of the same spec mac.I would love a Mac I want to do Video Editing as a career and garage band and stuff is sick but, garage band is not worth another $700.

Dual Core 2.3 GHZ
2 Gigs Ram
300 Gig Hard drive
Monitor etc

What I paid? $750 after tax!
If I got a mac? $1399 before tax!...oh wait I get another 20 gigs of HDD and speakers...

No lies

This post has been edited by Spartan 117: 07 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

#5 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

if Macs are so great....why do they have the ability to dual-boot windows....i have yet ot see a windows Machine dual-boot a Mac OS(and im not talking about emulators).

#6 User is offline   maniac3641 

• Rabble, Rabble, Rabble
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

View PostSilvrdog, on May 7 2008, 07:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

1st of all this discussion is not a Flame War or my PC is bigger then your Apple.

I have noticed that a lot of people seem to think that Apple computers are non compatible or they don't have any games or cool software available to use.

What they don't seem to realize is that they are wrong.

True, we don't have many New action games like Call of Duty 4 or Halo 1-3, but we still have Doom 3, Call of Duty 1-2, Unreal Tournament 2004 (Great), Ages of Empires 3 and many others.

In fact we have lots of software programs and games that Windows doesn't have.

Creative Software

Games

Web/Video

Audio and Music

Our Apples are just as pretty, powerful and fast as your Windows...

24-inch HD screen 2.8GHz (3.06GHz is available) 1TB Drive 4GB memory

The latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors run at speeds up to 3.06GHz with advanced 45-nm process technology and 6MB of shared L2 cache.

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS and 512MB of dedicated video memory

Heck, Apples are just more pretty...
Posted Image

So my point is Apples are just as GOOD as PC/Windows. Windows can also be accused with not having compatible software. Its a 50/50 highway.

hey, thats my computer, except i have the 24"......he he he
Member of New England Inferno
Sponsored By:www.affordablepaintballs.com
New England Inferno Team Thread

#7 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

Wow. That has almost exactly the same effective specs as my homebuilt PC. Only mine cost around $1200. Same video card, even. That thing probably costs a good $2500, by my estimates.

This is me being impressed. :rolleyes:

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#8 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

View PostCesar, on May 7 2008, 05:46 PM, said:

if Macs are so great....why do they have the ability to dual-boot windows....i have yet ot see a windows Machine dual-boot a Mac OS(and im not talking about emulators).

You mean like this?

Pystar made a computer that (I believe) can run both. Now that it's on Intel's architecture (Such a pity. I liked PowerPC), it can run on some computers. However, Macs aren't designed to be cross compatible with other hardware.

#9 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

My roomate was an annoying mac fanboy. every five minutes it was "omg look at awesome mac! mac mac mac! microsoft sucks! go mac!" all he did was bash microsoft for being unreliable, even though my xp never crashed, and his leopard crashed weekly. i dont really care if you like mac, but fanboyism is the most retarded thing ever.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#10 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:07 PM

I like both. I'm used to windows but I want to pick up a macbook pro for photoshop/dreamweaver/illustrator/flash :P (I <3 Adobe a little :D)

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#11 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:05 PM

PC definately wins in price. i built my own PC and i dual-boot linux (fedora 8) and Windows XP. Apple over-charges on everything they sell. i think they should just stick to their ipods.

i really don't like the idea of the all-in-one computer (computer inside the monitor) because it just seems illogical to me. what if something happens to the screen?

now that i have bashed on apple a bit...i think macs are better at certain things such as art/music related stuff. we just had a new music room added to our school and we have 20 new macs in the room.

also, with a PC you can run linux...everyone thinks that having a PC always means that you have Windows...correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Mac OS based off unix? so its similar to linux except for user-friendlyness and price...there are other differences, but i would rather just use linux for free.

BTW, Windows Vista sucks IMO. XP all the way.

i will add more later...
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#12 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

Windows - I switched exclusively to Vista about 3 months ago. My laptop is a 15" budget machine with Vista Home Premium cost me $420. My PC was built by me. 3gb ram, 2.6ghz dual core, geforce 8800GT. Cost me $840 to build it.

Mac - I use 2 different MacPro machines at the college's studios. They were very difficult to begin with, and still are. We learned that they don't like to run Logic 7 AND Protools 7. They just don't get along well. We have had all sorts of driver issues. The Macs have ruined $3000 worth of interface equipment due to crashing. MAudio told us to use a PC to fix the boards since the Macs keep crashing when we try to update the firmware.

Now that I am done speaking ill of Macs... I still want one. If you keep the variety of hardware and software to a minimum, they work great. I am saving up for a MacBookPro bundled with a basic interface board and ProTools. My laptop isn't really good enough to do audio work, and my PC has no software. And I refuse to pirate applications to record music that will be used for distribution or promotion.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#13 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

View PostCesar, on May 7 2008, 05:46 PM, said:

OSX86 Project

Can we just get this closed now? Everybody knows exactly where this is going.

#14 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

Both systems have their users. And their quirks. My PC is for the latest games. My lappy is for internet and school work. I want my own Mac for audio and video editing.

That said... in the last 9 months, Vista has proven to be more stable than MacOSX... Grumble. I lost my fair share of hair over there...

This post has been edited by Frontier_Bill: 07 May 2008 - 10:44 PM

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#15 User is offline   Ravenlord 

• I am heavy weapons guy!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RAVENLORD

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:36 AM

OK, Mac's are great little pieces of video and music editing. Window's machines are great peices of machinery for gaming, spread sheets :laugh: , and office work. Linux is for the computer nerds sitting in the corner cowering in fear from the tyrant that is crApple and MicroSuck.

Ok to be fair I hate all technology (but love it at the same time??) so I despise Macs, and I really hate PCs and linux scares me. But I would prefer linux for one reason. It is free. I hate having to pay out the nose for some piece of software that I know is not going to work right even if they patch everything up. It more or less comes down to one fact. I hate big corperations. I hate MicroSuck because they hold the monopoly, and are well known for having crashtastic software. I hate crApple because as a company (just looking at their adds for iPod ect.) they just seem protentious. Like drinks a fuppr-frappin- double latte extra choco with a cherry on top- chino for breakfast. Linux is the only one that I cannot really look on with a bad light becuase its free.
Funny Signatures Involve Effort, and I am lazy.
Automaggot #74
Team Vinidication

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users