#76 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

but you gotta remember, they are inherently good at swordplay ;) :ghillie:
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#77 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hey guys, I just wanna put my two cent's worth in. I watched the show last night for the first time. I had been wanting to see it from the first episode, but I had been busy. I have to say, though: I was dissappointed. The show is so unrealistic, it's not even funny.

1. The actors in the show claim to be "mideival weapons masters" and "expert fighters." What makes them these titles? Credentials, anyone? Why are they "masters?" Because the TV says they are. I would be convinced if there was any sort of proof of their claims. I myself could go on TV and claim to be a "Weapons Master" just because I own a few swords. I mean, sure, I know how to fight better than most, but I am by no means a "Master." Besides, this day and age, one cannot get a career as a "weapons Master." Senseless.

2. Their weapons testing is flawed for a few reasons:
2a. The weapons used on the show are unrealistic, modern-day replicas made with modern technology and modern materials; obviously better crafted than their ancient counterparts, which were hand-made and not as perfect.

(Out of time. Will finish rant when I return.)

This post has been edited by Ka1iBuR: 29 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

#78 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

its Spike TV. they made Stripperella, new Ren and Stimpy show, and so on...i dont think they really care about historical accuracy :D I mean honestly....you oughta watch Military Channel;s Weapon Masters, they are at least being honest, they go see old technology being made, or used, then they try to IMPROVE on these technologies their way, and its FUN to watch :D
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#79 User is offline   Dante 

• I have candy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kamikaze Snipa

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:50 AM

View PostCamoDeafie, on Apr 29 2009, 03:31 PM, said:

its Spike TV. they made Stripperella, new Ren and Stimpy show, and so on...i dont think they really care about historical accuracy :D I mean honestly....you oughta watch Military Channel;s Weapon Masters, they are at least being honest, they go see old technology being made, or used, then they try to IMPROVE on these technologies their way, and its FUN to watch :P

Weapon masters on military channel is awesome

Get Angry!
Poor Gary Coleman, he lived a short life.

#80 User is offline   Unkel Fester 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Unkel Fester

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

Ok, so tonight we have the Mafia v.s. the Yakuza. As I did with last week, I will post weapon choices and winner after the show is over, as well as the next pair of combatants.

#81 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

View PostUnkel Fester, on May 5 2009, 08:47 AM, said:

Ok, so tonight we have the Mafia v.s. the Yakuza. As I did with last week, I will post weapon choices and winner after the show is over, as well as the next pair of combatants.

No contest. A couple of guns on our side pretty much sums it up: Tommy Gun and BAR. Why wait for them to pop around their cover when you can just shoot through it? Though I do think that this will be a good one.

This post has been edited by Fenrisulfr: 05 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#82 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

It's on now. They just demo'd the Tommy gun. Now they Yakuza are demoing the Sten.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#83 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

Post-bat/nunchuck... Anyone ever notice the level on intelligence that these people display? It's never not really that high... Really quick tempers. Just dumb. Why don't they get some REAL weapon experts instead of finding some kind of hard core kid that believes in everything they're told?

One thing I don't enjoy about that show...
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.

#84 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

Next week: Green Berets vs Spetsnaz.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#85 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

View PostPuzuma, on May 5 2009, 10:53 PM, said:

Next week: Green Berets vs Spetsnaz.

now that will be a show!

Posted Image

#86 User is offline   Unkel Fester 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Unkel Fester

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

Mafia Weapons= Tommy Gun (.45), Molotov Cocktail, Baseball Bat, Sawed off Shotgun (12 gauge), Ice Pick

Yakuza Weapons= Sten (9mm), Ceramic Grenade, Nunchakus, Walther P38 (9mm.... again), Sai

Winner= MAFIA!!

Next week.. Green Beret v.s. Spetsnaz.

#87 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

That "final" battle was pathetic. Yakuza has 2 sai. 2. Mafia has one ice pick and plants in the Yakuza's arm and wins? Why wouldn't the SECOND SAI be thrust up through the jaw and into the brain? Seriously. Glad to see they compensated for the Yakuza's martial arts trianing.....
Posted Image

#88 User is offline   stevezissu 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:stevezissu

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

They seem to base it too much on how powerful something is. Not like accuracy and speed are important.

#89 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

I was somewhat disappointed when melee weapons were brought into the equation. At that time, pistols were everywhere, especially around the .25. Why? Tiny pistols, easy to hide. I'd rather have packed that instead of a baseball bat. As for the specialty weapons? BAR. Why? .30-06. Your .45 can't punch through that metal '20's car? No problem. Just unload a twenty round magazine into it. Turns it into swiss cheese.

Between the tommy gun, shotgun, BAR and a small pistol... The Yakuza could've used two more weapons... Not like it would've mattered. Hell, all the Mafia needed was the tommy gun. Did you guys see the kills it had?

View Poststevezissu, on May 5 2009, 09:10 PM, said:

They seem to base it too much on how powerful something is. Not like accuracy and speed are important.

When you're close... Why IS accuracy important? You can't miss. Especially with an automatic...

Speed wouldn't play that big of a factor as well. Instead of a double barrel, they could've just used a regular shotgun... Saw off the barrel and saw off the stock. They'd be about the same size... Clyde did it and called it a "Whip It" gun. So... yeah. Power is all that really matters up close.

This post has been edited by Fenrisulfr: 05 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

#90 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

View PostFenrisulfr, on May 5 2009, 11:14 PM, said:

I was somewhat disappointed when melee weapons were brought into the equation. At that time, pistols were everywhere, especially around the .25. Why? Tiny pistols, easy to hide. I'd rather have packed that instead of a baseball bat. As for the specialty weapons? BAR. Why? .30-06. Your .45 can't punch through that metal '20's car? No problem. Just unload a twenty round magazine into it. Turns it into swiss cheese.

Between the tommy gun, shotgun, BAR and a small pistol... The Yakuza could've used two more weapons... Not like it would've mattered. Hell, all the Mafia needed was the tommy gun. Did you guys see the kills it had?

well around that time, it wasnt uncommon for Mafioso to to armour their cars.....in a situation like that, the extra firepower would be nice to have.

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users